• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Club Europe Tour 2014

1167800_10151586010676434_389795374_n.jpg

After this years LeMans meeting we believe it’s time to “raise the bar” for 2014. At LeMans we received quite some input on what people liked and what could have been better. This was very valuable info us and we have taken that into account when looking at a program for 2014.

Below you will find a provisional program for 2014, why provisional? Because we have to await the 2014 track calender which will be released in December by all tracks to make sure there are no major events. But we will make it definite ASAP!

The Program:

16th of may:
14:00 Start of the meeting at Circuit Spa Francorchamps Belgium (time to catch up and shake hands)
15:00: VIP tour of the Circuit, (paddock zones, Pitlanes, Boxes, Media centre etc. etc.)
17:00: Check in at “Hotel La Source”
19:00: Dinner at Hotel La Source
21:30: Time to hit the hotel bar

17th of may:
09:00: Start of a “navigated” drive to the Nurburgring through the Eiffel (in both a tour and sport group)
11:30: Arrival at the Nurburgring, “track safety training / driving tips” from multple podium / VLN winner Stefan Wolflick (a nurburgring veteran)
13:00: Short lunch (this is final yet)
13:45: Time to hit the Nordschleife (touristenfahrten), please note this is at own risk / costs. Stefan Wolflick is available to join you giving you live driving tips at extra costs (TBA).
18:30: Check in at Dorint hotel Nurburgring (located at the start finish of the GP track)
19:00: Dinner at Dorint hotel Nurburgring (or a local restaurant located near the ring)
21:00: Awards will be given out as we did this year at Lemans
21:30: Time to hit the hotel bar and exchange your Nurburgring experience with fellow owners

18th Of May:
09:00: Start of a “navigated” drive to Hondafest Venlo, taking your again through the Eiffel and over the German Autobahn (1 stretch with no speed limit)
11:00: Arrival at Hondafest, a big Honda event (which had a great kickoff last year) with Souly Honda Enthusiasts. Last year they had a record amount of Type R’s that gathered there. All NSX’es will get a centre spot at the meeting.
????: End of the meeting where everybody can go their own way.

Currently the above is still to be confirmed, but we sure hope you like the provisional program. We have currently asked all Hotel’s / restaurants to give us package deals on meals / rooms and we will get you a “Package price” ASAP. Looking at costs we are trying to keep costs at around € 199,00 per person (being based on 2 people per car). This includes Hotel rooms (with breakfast), VIP tour at Spa, Nurburgring track safety / tips course, Entry to Hondafest Venlo and Diner on both evenings.

To get an accurate number of attendee’s we would like to ask you to fill our RSVP: http://nsxclubeurope.com/2013/09/688/

It's open to every NSX owners worldwide, we can look into arranging transport / passenger rides for those who travel from abroad and don't have their car with them.

Regards Bas

.what would it cost to ship the car over and back?

Putting your car on a ship to ie. Rotterdam would cost you around $1000,00 roll on roll of, container would be a tad more expensive.

Only big issue is customs charges, altough your not keeping it permanent. Would note dare to say how that works.

As a tourist you can bring your car unlimited in the EU. You must have proof of insurance (try Aegon company in the USA) and they will issue you a insurance card or else try AAA. You can drive around with the existing plates as a tourist for 1 year. Fuel is also not a problem (exept the price!).

I'm not sure how long it will take to get the car from the US to Europe, but I guess several weeks. If there is a group of US Primemates coming, I would suggest to extend your trip and make it a full Europe tour.

If you get caught speeding, you will have to pay in cash, on the spot.

If you ship your car to Rotterdam, we can pick you guys up from Schiphol and take you to your cars. We can then all drive to Spa Franchorchamps.

A quick quote I got from the first site I checked is $1194 from NJ to Rotterdam. Not a bad price. We paid more to ship our cars to California for NSXPO 2003. I think DocJohn and I will be having some discussions during our breaks at VIR at NSXPO next month..........:biggrin:

Last edited:
..................uh oh ...gotta brush up on my Dutch....

This sounds very interesting. I think we should get a small group together from North America. I believe Don and I will be in on this one; say 85% chance we attend. Got to give him 15% of the decision. lol
Would be interested in extending the trip a bit as well - seems a shame to not take in a few of the sights especially if there is a twisty road to get there.
Carla

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, I must meet in person Red3ullZz as I love your avatar.

This sounds very interesting. I think we should get a small group together from North America. I believe Don and I will be in on this one; say 85% chance we attend. Got to give him 15% of the decision. lol
Would be interested in extending the trip a bit as well - seems a shame to not take in a few of the sights especially if there is a twisty road to get there.
Carla

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, I must meet in person Red3ullZz as I love your avatar.

It would be so cool if you guys would come over!

Darnnit. :( Just a few weeks ago I booked a 10 day trip to Switzerland the end of May where I have a rental car. If I knew about this in early August I could have convinced my wife to include this on our itinerary. It's too late to change our trip date.

Last edited:
Sounds great guys. Try to book these dates in my agenda. The Track safty trainig sounds very interested. I'm curious, how many guys from oversea will come over and join the meeting.

Time for an update! We have been very busy lately and currently are awaiting confirmation from http://www.spa-classic.com/. They are organising a big meeting in the same weekend.
We are trying to get a "club parking" for friday, and yes all you track addicts there are 2 track sessions of 25 minutes on friday (€ 90,00 per session, 1 advanced, 1 beginner).

This would mean that the program will start earlier on Friday.

Regarding Hotels, because of this event it's hard to book a stay for the friday night near the track. So we are looking into (affordable) alternatives.

We will update again asap!

Best regards Bas & Dimer

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I might join you at least for Spa if there is some track time ?
Beware that the restaurant " La Source" is VERY slow and not cheap...

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I might join you at least for Spa if there is some track time ?
Beware that the restaurant " La Source" is VERY slow and not cheap...

We are looking at a different hotel, probably in Germany. There is nothing in or around Spa available. We already have contact with a nice hotel in Germany who has enough room and fair prices.

Okay, you sold me. Would really love to ship the NSX over and drive (something that I was already working on). There are quite a few shipping brokers but determining the most reputable seems to be a bit of a crap shoot.

Will be bringing two adults and two kiddos. Looking forward to meeting all of you guys.

Okay, you sold me. Would really love to ship the NSX over and drive (something that I was already working on). There are quite a few shipping brokers but determining the most reputable seems to be a bit of a crap shoot.

Will be bringing two adults and two kiddos. Looking forward to meeting all of you guys.

That is awesome! Do you need a rental car? As I don't think you can fit 4 people in one NSX ;) Let us know if you need any help on this.

We are planning the route as I type. This weekend Bas, Jeroen and I will go to both Hotels and explore the route.

Here's a small teaser. All the blue lanes have no speed limit. From the Nurburgring to Venlo, we are taking the small red line. That is about 60km of no speed limits. The rest of the route will be a scenic drive through the Eifel area, so expect sloped hairpins and twisty roads along the Rur Lake.

Capture.jpg

That is awesome! Do you need a rental car? As I don't think you can fit 4 people in one NSX ;) Let us know if you need any help on this.

Oh yeah, this will part of a larger holiday in Germany so, if the kids can get out of school on time, we'll be renting a car etc. If they can't make it in time, then that's fine too, but that would mean that the car wouldn't make it.

Either way, I'm 90% there. ;)

Last weekend we drove the tour, to test the roads and the route. And it will be epic! Even the highway route from Spa-Franchorchamps to Luxembourg is beautiful. The Mosel area is just awesome, especially the parts in the mountains. At one point you will see the Mosel 1000 meters below you with the small villages.

This week we hope to have everything finalized and we can present you the final program and prices.

For now, this iphone pic I took Saturday will have to do:

1517951_567789229974358_2106229495_o.jpg

Back