• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 Steering Wheel

I took some photos a while ago of the machining process for the S2000 hub adapter and the installation process and figured I'd share. After reading so many positive things about the S2000 wheel (and desperately wanting to update the worst looking part of the interior) I decided to go for it. Since Hagasan's part no longer seemed to be available I ended up making my own. The steering wheel is from a 2005 S2000 which I wanted for the smaller diameter AP2 style design and single stage airbag, unfortunately it means I need to figure out how to wire up the cruise control with an extra button (assuming it's possible). Hope this is helpful for others looking into this option!

Links to the original threads:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/135603-S2000-Steering-Wheel-DIY-sort-of
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/137183-S2000-RSX-Steering-Wheel-Adaptors

IMG_5241.jpg
Hub adapter being machined

IMG_5249.jpg
All finished

IMG_5260.jpg
Drilling and reaming the 6 holes in the back of the S2000 wheel and checking fit

Drill Markings.jpg
Quick diagram of the holes that needed to be drilled out, 12mm for the larger holes marked in blue and some smaller off center holes to align with the SoS hub adapter in green

IMG_7136.jpg
Hub adapter installed on the back of the wheel to give an idea of how it "bypasses" the S2000 spline and replaces them with 7 mounting holes for the SoS hub

IMG_7066.jpg
Both adapters installed on the NSX column

IMG_7057.jpg
Steering wheel mounted (4 bolts with washers)

IMG_7022.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7178.jpg
Like Ryu mentioned, this is the only part of the mod that doesn't look stock. I may create some CF trim piece that fills the gap with a lofted shape that fills this in and makes the wheel look like it flows into the column as it should. It's only visible from outside of the drivers seat though. The cover panels that hide the screws also aren't attached in this photo.

IMG_7167.jpg
Another angle of the column

Really love this mod, thanks a bunch to Ryu, Hagasan, and all of the others that helped pioneer the effort!

Last edited:
I think this is great if one wants to upgrade OEM steering wheel and daily drives NSX. Or drives it a lot.

Now it's time to mass produce these adapters and hit ebay for used AP2 steering wheel. Thanks for sharing. Very clean setup.

I think this is great if one wants to upgrade OEM steering wheel and daily drives NSX. Or drives it a lot.

Now it's time to mass produce these adapters and hit ebay for used AP2 steering wheel. Thanks for sharing. Very clean setup.

I would be interested on one for sure

Back