• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 GPW NSX Stereo Build Thread ~ A lot of tricks we learned by EuroBoutique

Time to chime in my 2 cents. No disrespect to you, as I'm sure the craftsmanship is top notch. I think the biggest flaw, and your design is flawed, is the bezel around iPad mini. It is too freaking big. Makes it look like it belongs/came out of that horrible GM dashboard in that second vehicle. You have the bezel on the iPad itself showing, then that second bezel, with finally the pod itself, it just looks too busy.

Also, the roundness of the corners don't flow well with the rest of the center dash piece. Sure, the CCU bezel is rounded at the edges but it's also "slim".

Lastly, the angle at which you mounted the iPad doesn't flow either. I understand where you are going with this one trying to reduce glare. The dash slopes at a 45 degree angle, give or take. Even the gauge cluster pod flows at about the same angle in the opposite direction. Your pod sticks out almost vertically.

My suggestions:

1. Make the bezel THIN, as thin as possible.
2. Make the bezel corners less rounded.
3. Make a "duck bill" kind of like the gauge cluster and have it look more like the OEM Nav Pod.

Or you could work a floating mount and go bezel-less like what the guys at Soundman Car Audio have been doing. Of course, that only works wirelessly and there is no charging the iPad while in place, but the iPad does have a long battery life, so that could be a non-issue.

Soundman also has a new iPad mount that is a combination of a side-slide mount and the floating mount that allows connectivity/charging while mounted.

Thin bezel or bezel-less would allow you to have a smaller pod overall, and aesthetically look better.
Also going this route would maybe allow you to mount the iPad mini lower on the dashboard. I did a quick photochop. Of course you would still need to implement a "hood" or "bill to reduce glare.
I'm not a fabricator, just throwing out some ideas out there. I'm sure you have the knowledge and capability to see this through.

iPad NSX.jpg

I'm a huge Apple fan, and would love to see an iPad mounted properly on the NSX.

JMHO

Prime member clean_green mounted a navpod with a nexus 7 tablet and it looks excellent. The ipad mini is simply too big. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Technology-Refresh-Project-(picture-intensive!)

Soundman also did a cool Nexus 7 install that was non-obtrusive and everything remained stock on a Ford Edge. The only "downside" to this approach is that you have no charging capabilities and you need bluetooth connectivity to play audio, but with plenty of options out there, I'm sure it won't be much of a limitation. The mount is only held by magnets that are embedded on the mount itself and magnets that are glued to the backside of the dash panel. This is one of my favorite approaches to a tablet installation in a car's dash, as it doesn't destroy your original dashboard/components.

The charging really isn't much of an issue, just how do you plan to get the audio into the system. I know Bluetooth is popular but it drains the battery so I prefer a direct lightning connection.

To be honest the new setup works really well and I can see easily over the dash. Only side-issue is now the dash draws too much attention that a motorcycle cop who was next to me at the stop light gave me a puzzled look. It's only for the passenger to view officer was my reply :)

Totally forgot we had this build thread here that has been lingering in limbo.....

We are doing another NSX stereo build with our unique angled DD dash panel very shortly and will update everyone here.

Selecting the least intrusive subwoofer design possible probably going to use a single 8" sub or dual 6" JL woofers.

Not stereo related but here's a shot of the cars with our LED DRL systems:

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some of our projects for 2016 so stay tuned to this thread or follow-us on Instagram for the upgrades!

Instagram [MENTION=8868]EuroBoutique[/MENTION]

www.euroboutique.us

1) First project is in installing a new Clarion DD deck in the NSX to replace the current model. We will document the installation with photos and step by step on how to install our popular double din angled panel for reduced glare. This panel is available in both carbon fiber or FRP (ready to be painted) finishes.

Click here to see our models:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ble-DIN-Tilt-Angle-Double-DIN-reducing-GLARE-!

2) Second project we plan to work on is the JDM NAV POD. We have integrated an iPad mini in our first attempt and will try to build a more compact version for the iPad mini and also the iPhone 6. The idea is to make the tablet or phone quickly removable when you leave the car but snaps in place when you get in to go!

3) Third project is we recently obtained a NSX rear speaker mount and plan to build a custom dual 6" subwoofer replacement panel. The goal is to not touch the footwell space since we don't think that is the optimum place for a sub giving up precious leg room. This panel will be completed re-worked to house the 6" woofers similar to how Ferrari does their system. It will look as stock as possible and be offered in both un-finished version for paint/leather wrap or we can offer it in our custom carbon fiber finish to match our steering wheels, this project will be very exciting as we add some much needed sub-bass to our project NSX! :)

- - - Updated - - -

*Some of you may or may not be aware of our project s2000 build on s2ki but here's the similar solution we built for the s2000. We use triple JL 6" woofers in a very trick custom box that takes up less room than anything on the market and quick release to save weight on track days. It's entirely built from wood and fiberglass giving it a very "dead" solid box that hits like a single 12" woofer but takes up much less space.

Last edited:
How is the dual 6" enclosure coming along? Very interested in this to see how it turns out.

It's in process along with about 16 other NSX projects. We are a pretty small niche shop with about 4 guys total and the owners do this as a spare hobby. However we pride ourselves on building the best high quality part. EVERYTHING you see for sale is something we developed and tested in house on our own NSX's. So this is not generic parts but each one is custom made to your specifications.

If you want the subwoofer enclosure, PM us and usually when we have specific orders we would put that as top priority. Otherwise we have other projects to attend to at the moment since we are making a few very trick versions of our NSX dash panel right now.

We are a high end car stereo shop by nature so visit our website - we can fabricate pretty much anything you dream up. So if you want to send us your rear speaker panel, we can custom build a sub enclosure to house a single 10, 8 or whatever you desire.

thanks

www.euroboutique.us

Follow us on Instagram [MENTION=8868]EuroBoutique[/MENTION]

Figured it's time to finally update this thread with our custom subwoofer box - very hard to find any spare time these days but we have the sub box mock-up almost done. The original goal of this project is to first not use precious passenger foot well space for the sub box and position it for better sound quality.

We are currently using a JL Audio 6w3 subwoofer because there is very LIMITED space behind the center speaker storage area!

Our goal is to give some low subwoofer bass in the NSX without giving up any precious cabin space. We used the OEM part and took a reverse mold to create this box in 2 pieces. Eventually it will be joined together and we can finish this in either carbon fiber or high end leather materials.

here's a few photos, questions please feel free to post or ask!

Back panel piece:

Stock piece being covered:

We are still experimenting with angle of the woofer for optimum sound but you can see it coming together slowly:

Since we no longer have to use the stock footwell space, our plan is to use that area to mount the single JL Audio amplifier to drive the entire system. When installed there will be no leg room loss for the passenger since it will sit flush with the stock carpet.

Will update as this progresses but follow us on our Instagram page for latest projects here:

https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

thanks!

www.euroboutique.us

Figured it's time to finally update this thread with our custom subwoofer box - very hard to find any spare time these days but we have the sub box mock-up almost done. The original goal of this project is to first not use precious passenger foot well space for the sub box and position it for better sound quality.

We are currently using a JL Audio 6w3 subwoofer because there is very LIMITED space behind the center speaker storage area!

Our goal is to give some low subwoofer bass in the NSX without giving up any precious cabin space. We used the OEM part and took a reverse mold to create this box in 2 pieces. Eventually it will be joined together and we can finish this in either carbon fiber or high end leather materials.

here's a few photos, questions please feel free to post or ask!

Back panel piece:

Stock piece being covered:

We are still experimenting with angle of the woofer for optimum sound but you can see it coming together slowly:

Since we no longer have to use the stock footwell space, our plan is to use that area to mount the single JL Audio amplifier to drive the entire system. When installed there will be no leg room loss for the passenger since it will sit flush with the stock carpet.

Will update as this progresses but follow us on our Instagram page for latest projects here:

https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

thanks!

www.euroboutique.us

Eagerly awaiting the results of this project. I really think the goals you set hit the nail on the head. Utilize unused space at center speaker location and repurpose the floor sub space for amp. I assume you have a solution for the airflow/cooling of heat sink for the amp in this location?

Eagerly awaiting the results of this project. I really think the goals you set hit the nail on the head. Utilize unused space at center speaker location and repurpose the floor sub space for amp. I assume you have a solution for the airflow/cooling of heat sink for the amp in this location?

Yes sir we have some ideas and will be testing a few options!

The subwoofer in the rear center console has very little space since the rear bulkhead actually bulges out which is why Acura made the cover. There is very very little space back there so we will have to build out the subwoofer portion since the JL Audio 6w3 is quite deep for a 6" woofer!

thanks

Happy New Year Fellas - been a crazy 2016 and we are looking forward to a very exciting 2017 with some new products!

here's a picture of our current interior setup prior to the new stereo additions:

For the subwoofer box, we've gotten it almost finished so wanted to share some more photos of the progress. The final product can be finished in carbon fiber or we can wrap it in rich Alcantara or any type of leather you want. The box is actually fully enclosed to hold a 6" JL Audio subwoofer. It's 100% more rigid than the stock piece but doesn't weight that much more.

We designed the box to have the woofer flush mounted so it looks OEM and we can still put a grill on it to hide it from prying eyes :)

let us know what you think:

out of curiosity - where did you guys mount the JL amp?

Since the dimensions only show its about 2" in height - it can be mounted behind the passenger seat while losing minimal leg room for the passenger?

PM's replied! As we prepare for NSXPO coming up again this year, please be sure to stop by and check out demo cars in person! We will have the JL custom subwoofer enclosure in the car so you can listen/feel/touch in person!

kalsonc: There are MANY places you can mount that amp. In our application since we have the subwoofer in the rear between the seats, we removed the old subwoofer and built a custom amp rack in the passenger footwell that is protected by plastic so no one can kick the amp or damage the wiring.

We will also have custom CF steering wheels and many other parts on hand for you to touch and feel at the event.

Recently installed a new DASH / Track camera using the Waylens!

We had it custom modified with a more secure mount and works perfectly with the NSX OBD II.

If anyone is interested in this camera, give us a shout as we are a dealer for Waylens now :)

thanks!

here's another 93 NSX we are doing the Double DIN work along with the s2000 gauge cluster update:

Featuring:

Our FRP Angled DD dash panel with glare reduction
Custom switches for iLIFT installed
s2000 gauge cluster upgrade
Full leather custom flat bottom + flat top OEM steering wheel
JDM NAV POD with SOS LCD screen and custom front mounted camera

Work in progress:

Finished:

Last edited:
Recently we took in a Race NSX that needed a complete interior refresh! We will be removing everything and giving the car a once over prior to starting the work. The current stereo does not work. Carpets all dirty and interior will need new upholstery.

Stay tuned....but here's a few pictures of the BEFORE:

Up to this point, there was no solution for NSX owners who wanted a true carbon fiber panel (like OEM) but retain their stock panel for future use!

We now offer a full carbon fiber Double DIN panel made from screw with robust OEM screw holes and ashtray delete. We even have the OEM vents near the shift knob. This is our latest V.4 panel and is made of 100% carbon so it's both super strong and lighter weight than a stock panel.

Features:

a) Lighter weight than stock
b) Super Strong 100% carbon fiber
c) OEM Robust Screw Posts just like stock
d) Slots for sensor near shift knob
e) Double DIN opening is perfectly cut with GLARE reduction
f) Retain your stock dash panel

here's a link to our site, or PM us for details on availability!

https://euroboutique.us/collections...made-from-scratch-1991-200-nsx-ashtray-delete

It's the ultimate DD dash panel for any NSX owner while retaining your stock panel for safe keeping!

thanks

EB Staff

Super light weight and strong:

Stock panel weight is heavy and this is WITHOUT ashtray assembly too:

Happy Friday!

With all the craziness in 2020 we hope every has stayed safe! A lot of spare time as everyone shelters in place and we took this opportunity to give our demo GPW NSX an interior facelift!

For about 10 years we had a Kenwood Double DIN which used an iPod controller. We decided to bring it into the modern century with an Alpine Double DIN that has Apple CarPlay. The new deck allows pretty much everything from an iPhone to be integrated into the display. The Apple unit is quite shallow so this makes mounting the unit much easier. There is no CD or DVD transport mechanism so everything is compact.

While the door panels were out, we did a full Dynamat sound insulation on the doors and added new Hertz Mille door speakers. This really gave the car a boost in sound quality and while the door panels were out, we finally swapped the OEM door trims with our 100% full CF door trims. These new pieces we now offer as a pair and are sold without needing any core exchange so this lets us keep the stock ones wrapped up safely!

Two more items we have been patiently waiting to add but never enough time are the full 100% CF driver side knee bolster and matching glove box! Both pieces really tie in nicely with the CF steering wheel and other bits and pieces. Both items are part of our new product line of full 100% CF parts. Each piece really brings out the unique details for the NSX:

New Deck, old glove box before the swap:

Last time we upgraded since we can't let the interior have all the fun, we picked up a GruppeM Intake system! This beauty looks awesome but also dramatically changes the sound of the car! We've had this car for over 15+ years now and it NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD! The new intake really brings the entire car alive and sounds amazing at WOT! Go over to our Youtube channel if you want to hear this sucker!

https://youtu.be/0RJ59ZyYfEc

Many of the items you see above can be found on our website in the NSX collection here:

https://euroboutique.us/collections/NSX

Follow us on Instagram here:

https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/?hl=en

thanks!

www.euroboutique.us

Final product all done! Look for a story on the custom JL Audio 8" subwoofer enclosure later....

Last edited:
Back