• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'92 GPW in Tampa,FL

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1992_Acura_NSX_208420537_8

The car in the ad above looks great and appears to be exactly what i want. But I wanted to pass on a little bit of info from the place selling it...

So I email them asking for a price and mileage. I get this response:

"Thank you for your expressed interest in the 92 Acura NSX we have featured on carsforsale.com. Although I have been receiving several emails on this vehicle it is still currently available until we collect a deposit from a serious buyer. Contact me with any questions and I will go over our purchase process."

So I send another email asking the sales price and the mileage. I get this response:

"The price on the NSX is $79877 and the miles are technically exempt. it's a 92 plus the entire engine has been Modified."

So I send the following email back:

"That HAS to be a typo? '92 NSX's are going between $25k and $45k depending on mileage and condition. You can even buy a 2002+ NSX in the 50's to 60's."

His response back was:

"That's correct if we were talking about a regular NSX. this vehicle is not for the average person as it is a modified performance vehicle that is track ready.
plus the fact that they are extremely rare."

I dont know but does a stock looking '92 signed by Executive Chief Engineer Shigeru Uehara, with a CTSC, chromed parts, carbon fiber parts warrant this type of price? I laughed out loud so hard at work.

There is one occurrence of the VIN (JH4NA1156NT001242) on prime:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...JH4NA1156NT001242?highlight=JH4NA1156NT001242

you should email him with a question it sold for with SC for 39K 8 years ago with 110K miles it prob had 200K miles and he is asking more for it LOL

this guy is not in the loop

This is the original Chromatose nsx.

I know the owner and have seen this car numerous times in person.

It has the supercharger, lowering springs, header and exhaust, short gears, comptech 4.55R&P, short shifter, AEM ems, front brembo bbk and high boost pulley.

it has about 140k miles

and has had at least the rear driver fender replaced because it was backed into at one point.

The roof has been repainted (because it is white).

now the car is very clean and pleasing to the eye and the engine bay and under the hood is quite impressive because of the polished parts and carbon fiber.

The only thing about polishing metal is that you take the protective coating off when you do this.

a thin layer of rust and oxidation forms quickly on these parts when driven in the rain and from the florida humidity.

I think that 80k for this car is absurd.

This car is worth 30-40k.

MY $.02

Last edited:
you should email him with a question it sold for with SC for 39K 8 years ago with 110K miles it prob had 200K miles and he is asking more for it LOL

this guy is not in the loop

I did just that...i'm waiting on a response.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

tbnsxt...was this car abused? as in driven hard?

Last edited:
I saw this car in front of PF Chang's last year. I had a brief conversation with the owner and I think he said he paid 39k for it. The car looked really nice from what I could see, but it's not worth a penny over 40k in my opinion.

here is his responce.

"Thank you for your expressed interest but it would showe appear this is not the vehicle for you.
I can't comment on what it might have sold for back then our what might have been done to the vehicle then, only what had been done recently. With a new paint job, fmu's and several other things to the engine. This vehicle started here at superior autos for you and made it back here where the original technician who started the modifications.
I plan on not having this vehicle in my inventory very long
But thank you for your concerns. "

LOL I replied with I will bet money it will not sell for 78,000 withover 200,000 miles on the clock. goodluck buddy maybe 25-30K def not 78,000K

lol, what a nutcase. who knows, he may find someone with much, much more money than sense...

Just walk away. You know what they say, the only thing you will accomplish by arguing with an idiot is wasting your time.

I happen to call on this car today.... Same experience but the price was reduced to $78,9xx.

I confirmed it only had 48k and he went back in the whole exempt thing. He also told me he did a nut/bolt restoration which he completely stripped the car to pieces and rebuilt it himself.

Stay away, shady as can be. Even got loud on the phone with me when i asked a second time about the miles and how no one knows how many miles are on it. Doesnt even have interior pics.

It's missing the front lower lip plastic trim piece, tell him that alone should be a $38K reduction...which would seem to fall in line with his logic. The reality is you can ask whatever you want for something...doesn't mean it will sell for that price. As the saying goes, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it!

In the first link, I see a handful of interior pics. Driver's seat has a heavily worn bolster.

this was the link from autotrader (the one i called from)

either way, its still a crappy deal for anyone at the price and considering how nasty he got on the phone the car was probably doctored up not restored.

Last edited:
its also funny that the interior pics are angled in such a way so you can see the miles, in one pic you can almost make out the trip miles it is deliberate in his pics.

9-23-2013 he reply to me with a " I plan on not having this vehicle in my inventory very long " 7 months is in my book considered Long LOL

its his car he can ask 3.5 million bitcoins if he wanted doesn't mean someone will buy it for that much.

Lol. No coilovers? Still looking for the "composite" rotors.

Might be worth mid-high 30s.

Its "Believed to be the chromotos nsx". What is that and who is Mike Nadia?

Last edited:
they didnt roll it back they prob just bought a used low mile cluster swapped it out. now thats the shadiest thing ever.

I wrote this to the new dealership listing the car:

"I am interested in this car. I realize this is a highly modified NSX, but 2 things, why the high price tag? And why was the mileage rolled back? This car previously sold in 2007 for $39k when it had 134,000 miles on it! Don't believe me? Here's the listing from NSXPrime.com:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...d-Prix-White-Onyx-SC-NSX-FS-JH4NA1156NT001242

The previous place, Superior Auto, that was selling the car wanted $79877 for the car. Realizing that I'd be taking a risk on buying a car with potentially 180k+ miles, realistically what is your bottom line on the car?"

Let's see what their response will be... :rolleyes:

I don't understand the behavior. If I see a price that seems high and not close enough for a fair deal to be made, I find another car. I don't see any outcome here other then wasting your time. The best thing for the seller to figure out that there price is wrong is no activity

Yes what the last guy said. Less activity the better. Plus if you ever run into him in person you can punch him in the face for being an idiot. What a disgrace.

Back