• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2014 F1 thread....

Yeah the team maybe but not the engine development team they were mostly and still are from Japan where the new engine is coming from

Agreed that the Engine in being developed in Japan, but remember there are two other important items in this year formula that makes up the F1 Power unit, a big part of this is the integration of these unit via Software. Yes, Merk seems to have this dialled in perfectly.
On the other hand Mclrean seems to have this sorted and working well on their P1, that is the torque fill aspect of of the turbo..so I why is that the F1 car is such a dog this year? Is it the chassis, aero or both?
Anyway, we'll see next year how this will all come together.....I'm thinking that Honda have had 12-18 months of development on this power unit, and it will be a force to deal with in 2015.

Bram

Mate i hope so, just saw an interview of Button as he was finishing a marathon he stated that the updates on the car were significant as to why he got fourth but they were still chasing more downforce and he said they were getting more aero updates for Hockenheim. So with a Honda engine Mclaren electronics and finally a car at least heading in the right direction who knows, i still think it's a tall ask for next year to come out firing on all 6 but i hope I'm wrong.

I also think think McLaren-Honda will still be 3-4 best car on the grid next year, unless McLaren gets their act together and Honda brings a great package. I'm hoping the best for Honda-McLaren.

Looks like FRIC is off everyone's drive this weekend. Is the TEIN Flex/Mono system act like a FRIC, but with user interaction?

its all about frac....:confused: lol I had forgotten about the fric suspension ..and no the tein system is just a little servo motor that can turn the rebound screw on the shock...nothing like the fric.

Last edited:
Re: Kimi
Unstable fuel pump. Last thing you want to have in these conditions. Anyway they stabilized it.. by replacing it :) gotta love Ted

Poor Hamilton... if he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any at all. :upset:

Sandro, you are correct, F1 have been much more exciting this year than in the pas 10-12 years. The cars do sound like crap...however, the Boys are fighting throughout the entire grid for points and positions....just great.
With Merk now having some reliability issues to deal with, that should spice things up between Lewis and Nico. The second half of the season should be some exciting racing up and down the Grid.

Bram

So do today's results mean that the Rosberg/Hamilton duo cannot be as dominant this season as Senna/Prost was?

Maybe it will come down to the last race like Senna/Prost or Hunt/Lauda or Kimi/Hamilton (I know there are other years when it was close). I'm getting used to the sound. Lewis drive from 20th to 3rd was sure a show.

Clearly Ricardo is the boy to watch in the future -- what a drive against a two-time World Champion!
Go Lewis!

This Merc cars are still 1/2 sec. faster than Williams and nearly 1 sec than RB and F cars.Williams is doing great job if only Ferrari can do some magic, to have more cars battle for podium.

I'm not so sure,but as we said last year maybe 2014 will be Ferraris year, we can say 2015 will be better at least James Allison is working on new car.

As much as this is Mercedes' year, you have to give Williams lots of credit for coming from just 4 points last year to rivaling Ferrari and Red Bull for second place. McLaren on the other hand, what a disappointment, even with the Mercedes engine. I'm not a pessimist, but I don't know how Honda can dig them out of this hole next year.

As much as this is Mercedes' year, you have to give Williams lots of credit for coming from just 4 points last year to rivaling Ferrari and Red Bull for second place. McLaren on the other hand, what a disappointment, even with the Mercedes engine. I'm not a pessimist, but I don't know how Honda can dig them out of this hole next year.

can't get any worse. oh wait, yes it can. it always can be worse. Honda has experience with hybrids longer than Mercedes, so in that regards, I'm confident they can deliver.

Back