• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2014 F1 thread....

exciting racing front and mid pack.I think the extra torque of the new power systems allow the drivers to pass more because they have the confidence to be able to accelerate past the apex.Nico was pissed on the podium.AC/DC= even worse post race interview than the previous actor.

Too early to tell.. but the Rosberg vs. Hamilton fight might be the makings of a modern day Senna vs. Prost battle.

That would be cool. I miss the rivalries. Plus Rosberg is driving flawlessly right now, I thought he would get Hamilton in this last race, his car was definitely faster with the softer tires.

Last edited:
I heard the rumor about BMW also including Ford, too.
Heard that same rumor, too.

Now with Porsche. Love the rumor mills...
5800b78be8505c5cb8639128bf8bf40527b6aa3264bcd18cdadf6d69ff37f4416g.jpg

every manufacturer of note has a V6 in their line up and all are going to have some sort of energy system so it makes sense that there will be a return for some of them that want to supply engines but not have a team. But some will prefer other types of motorsport to F1.
If you look at all classes of racing they are all trying to get more manufacturers to compete look at DTM/JGTC and downunder the Aussie V8's have now gone from Holden (GM) vs Ford to Holden/Ford/Mercedes/Nissan/Volvo and Toyota are rumoured to be next. The days are gone in this global economy of being one or two make race series you need everyone in to make the cost spread out and get more marketing clout to make it stand out and be worth it for them.

every manufacturer of note has a V6 in their line up and all are going to have some sort of energy system so it makes sense that there will be a return for some of them that want to supply engines but not have a team. But some will prefer other types of motorsport to F1.
If you look at all classes of racing they are all trying to get more manufacturers to compete look at DTM/JGTC and downunder the Aussie V8's have now gone from Holden (GM) vs Ford to Holden/Ford/Mercedes/Nissan/Volvo and Toyota are rumoured to be next. The days are gone in this global economy of being one or two make race series you need everyone in to make the cost spread out and get more marketing clout to make it stand out and be worth it for them.

You mean SuperGT, JGTC has not been used for almost a decade now. ;)

i think you sort of knew what i meant, but my point exactly changing the series even the names to make it more enticing for various manufacturers to compete otherwise they may not last the distance, i really do think its why F1 felt they had to change otherwise less manufacturers will come in and less people will eventually watch

Domenicalli (sp) resigned at Ferrari this week. Part scapegoat, part Peter Principle. Can Todt and Braun be lured out of retirement?

Todt, no, he's running the FIA. BRAWN, he's on a hiatus (paid?). Maybe he'll come to McLaren with Honda next year. For now, they already have Marco Mattiacci.

Mercedes 4 in a row, Hamilton 3 in a row should've been 4, I think we are looking at a new two time champion and we havent even got to Europe yet.
How many will he win maybe a new record coming for most consecutive wins and wins in a season

Same situation as Brawn GP.It was sad to me watch Fernando doing on lap 46(think) 1.42,4 and Nico 1.40,4 catch him 2 sec that lap.Fernando show again he is class.
I'm preaty sure Lewis will be this year champion.
Again Riciardo faster then Seb.Like that.

Red bull and Ferrari are making the rest of the podium spots interesting. Watching Rosberg zip his way to 2nd place was pretty cool in the last race too. Force India is the underdog team getting some good constructor and driver points. And the only thing McLaren has going for them is a really cool looking paint job, I bet Ron Dennis is mega pissed with their results.

Red bull and Ferrari are making the rest of the podium spots interesting. Watching Rosberg zip his way to 2nd place was pretty cool in the last race too. Force India is the underdog team getting some good constructor and driver points. And the only thing McLaren has going for them is a really cool looking paint job, I bet Ron Dennis is mega pissed with their results.

I think their paint job is meh. Looks too similar to Mercedes. I say Force India has one of the best livery this year.

http://images.autosport.com/editorial/1390379893.jpg

I agree with you that it's a nice livery job and it makes it easy to point out during the race which is huge, but would you paint your car like the force India over the McLaren? It does look a little like the Mercedes but I think the darker gray and the slight two tone fade into black is gorgeous

http://media.cdn.mclaren.com/images/galleries/McLaren-Mercedes-MP4-29---Side-View_1600width.jpg

the rumored Porsche Ryu posted above looks pretty damn good too though

Last edited:
I agree with you that it's a nice livery job and it makes it easy to point out during the race which is huge, but would you paint your car like the force India over the McLaren? It does look a little like the Mercedes but I think the darker gray and the slight two tone fade into black is gorgeous

the rumored Porsche Ryu posted above looks pretty damn good too though

My car is not a race car, so no, I wouldn't paint it like the Force India, then neither would I paint it a two toned color like the McLaren.

I'm with you, I like my car the way it is too and wouldn't paint it either color, but there's a guy with a chrome vinyled Gallardo around here and it looks pretty cool as is and I bet it would look even cooler with a two tone fade into black towards the bottom of the car, side splitters, diffusers, etc. I guess as I type this I realize the McLaren paint scheme is a little conservative in the race car realm and the force India paint scheme is more formula 1 appropriate, but neither is a color any of us will run to the body shop to imitate on our own cars.

seems like a fake story unfortunately

Back