• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Storage Tips

It's only a month and a half until April 1st.
And this morning it was officially -22 degrees C (-8 degrees F) in the city, and -31C/-23F in the suburbs. (The 21st day this winter with subzero F temperatures - nobody even notices any more.)

Last edited:
im actualy very annoyed by this winter. it hasnt been this bad for many many years.

And this morning it was officially -22 degrees C (-8 degrees F) in the city, and -31C/-23F in the suburbs. (The 21st day this winter with subzero F temperatures - nobody even notices any more.)

im actualy very annoyed by this winter. it hasnt been this bad for many many years.
A lot of people here are quite annoyed. This winter is near the top of the charts for snow AND for cold. Our snowfall is already the 8th highest snowfall total in 129 years, with a third of the winter still to go. The only time we had more subzero days (25, vs 21 this winter) was in the 1880's. And it's the 7th coldest average temperature in 143 years for winters through February 10.

This week continues cold, but a warmup is predicted for next week:

featuregraphic021114.jpg

It's only a month and a half until April 1st. I hold out hope that we will be sufficiently thawed by then.

April 1st, in my dreams!

April 1 2013 last year in Regina.
View attachment 110158

With the accumulation of sand and crushed rock on the roads, I would be happy with May 1. My NSX did not come out of hiding until after May 15 last year although this year is looking better - snow wise.

Last edited:
oh i hear you.

by the time it melts enough so that its safe for the roads im thinking mid april and thats being optimistic.

April 1st, in my dreams!

April 1 2013 last year in Regina.
View attachment 110158

With the accumulation of sand and crushed rock on the roads, I would be happy with May 1. My NSX did not come out of hiding until after May 15 last year although this year is looking better - snow wise.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 274
-35 C or -36 C this morning (does it really matter?). - 49 C with the wind chill. This year, Spring feels like its like that stuffed rabbit at the greyhound track. Its right in front their noses; but, the dogs never ever can reach it.

-35 C or -36 C this morning (does it really matter?). - 49 C with the wind chill. This year, Spring feels like its like that stuffed rabbit at the greyhound track. Its right in front their noses; but, the dogs never ever can reach it.

Which is funny, because I was skiing on Friday in a torrential downpour. I am sick of this winter, and just want warm weather to come for good.

It will be minus freaking 31 on wednesday... :eek:

God damn it, what have we done to deserve this? My backyard looks like a frozen wasteland. I would not be surprised if I wake up one day and see a bunch of penguins or a polar bear in my backyard.

image017.jpg

Last edited:
WTF!!! i thought it was going to start getting warmer.

It will be minus freaking 31 on wednesday... :eek:

God damn it, what have we done to deserve this? My backyard looks like a frozen wasteland. I would not be surprised if I wake up one day and see a bunch of penguins or a polar bear in my backyard.

View attachment 110562

This is what it's supposed to be like for the rest of the week at my location. Suck it up PRINCESSES!!! lol

IMG.jpg

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

Last edited:
Cmon guys this is nothing ... Where i am cold was reaching to -50c for periods of a month or 2 in a row ... As for snow my backyard is about 7 feet tall hills left right and center

Dear winter suck it and leave

i really hope that this is the last of it. i finally cleared the thick layer of ice from the driveway.... and today happens.

Last edited:
Back