• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kinetic Custom Machine Battery Tray and Shorai Lithium Iron Battery Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few words from a happy customer :smile: My Shorai battery and charger have performed flawlessly. I've not noticed any difference at start up after leaving the charger on 8-12 days at a time, or after letting the car sit 8-12 days w/o the charger. I turn the key and it fires right up. I'm glad to have bought the combo.

Just a few words from a happy customer :smile: My Shorai battery and charger have performed flawlessly. I've not noticed any difference at start up after leaving the charger on 8-12 days at a time, or after letting the car sit 8-12 days w/o the charger. I turn the key and it fires right up. I'm glad to have bought the combo.

Thanks!

Is Shorai Battery and charger still for sale or only a limited bunch was only made?

Yeah it's for sale, we are in the process of making a batch of them.

How does this battery compare to my Braille B3121C? http://www.braillebattery.co.uk/index.php/braille/product_batteries/b3121c

Because my Braille is rubbish!!!!!

It barely lasts a week without a charge and it's one of the bigger batteries in the Braille range. Which considering the size compared to other batteries it's not the slimmest or lightest.

What does the charger look like? does it come with the battery? would it work in the UK?

How long have you had the Braille for? Was it good in the beginning?

It might mean that your car has a more-than-normal draw at rest, because from the specs of that battery, it should last over 2x the sitting time of the Shorai we include. That being said, I've let my car sit for 2 weeks.

Here is a pic of the charger, which is an additional $60:
sho-capcover.jpg

The power plug is the US type, perhaps you have an adaptor?

Finally got mine installed, looks great and works great! I like the Shorai maintainer connector, Class.
Thanks Colin

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

Finally got mine installed, looks great and works great! I like the Shorai maintainer connector, Class.
Thanks Colin

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

Nice, glad to hear it's installed, Joe!

Yeah, the connector is nice, makes things much easier than trying to plug it in every time.

Hi Colin

went to order one from the website and it quoted quite high postage to here is there anyway we can check on that so i can order an NA1 version
Cheers
Cam

I received my battery with in a week. Great product fits perfect top notch fabrication! Colin was super easy to deal with. Thanks again!!

Batteries were back ordered for about a week, and they will be back in stock on Thursday, all pending orders will be out by Friday. Thanks everyone!

Alright guys my OEM battery is finally starting to go, before I pull the trigger is there anything I should know or be concerned about before I purchase this setup?

Alright guys my OEM battery is finally starting to go, before I pull the trigger is there anything I should know or be concerned about before I purchase this setup?

It doesn't like the cold. And it is a lower capacity battery so keep that in mind as well. . Those are the main things. Let me know if you have any other questions.

What is the normal life of one of these batteries (how often will I need to swap these out?) What is the maintainer connecter that Joe WollBaum and you mentioned? My car usually goes on a tender during the week, unless I plan on driving it so I do not see that being an issue. Other than those two questions I am sold.

Thanks, they did get back to me already and I was able to get what I needed.

Reviving an old thread...

Are these guys still around..?

My '98s battery finally died, and I'd be very interested in getting a Shorai setup as a replacement.

I use Shorai exclusively in my sportbikes and am extremely pleased with them.

Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back