• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheels FS: 17/18 Tecnomagnesio Lightweight Magnesium Wheels - NSX Specific Fitment

I have several of these wheels that I've collected over the years but I've decided it may be time to let them go now and reduce my wheel collection because it's grown so large I don't end up using most of them. These are rare, kind of a 90s era/height of the NSX collector's item which is why I've been hoarding so many of them. Comptech used to sell them for about $4000/set and they only sell the oem quality level products.

These are among my favorite wheels for the car because they look amazing and are also very lightweight (they were really popular track wheels before they became discontinued). These are truly NSX specific, from the offsets down to the center bore which as we all know is oddly different front and rear on the NSX (these don't even need hub rings!) so fitment is OEM exact. They even fit over the Brembo GT BBK like a glove since they are designed specifically for it (both being made in Italy).

This set is 17x8 front and 18x10 rear. I found it had undisclosed hairline cracks in the rear wheels when I purchased them, which I had repaired and then used the wheels for several months with zero problems before switching things out to one of my other sets. They held air with no leaks and the repairs functioned perfectly. Cosmetically, the refinished "BMW silver" (NSX 02 oem color) paint on the wheels has developed a texture on it so it's not smooth but it's not apparent from a short distance (the close up pics do not show this). There is no curb rash or other marring. The tires are sticky 215/40/17 and 285/35/18 Bridgestone S-03 pole positions which will be good for a little longer but should be replaced soon-ish (mainly rear tread is getting low). The tires can be left on or dismounted to save on shipping.

$2500 OBO plus shipping and/or fees. Also included are billet aluminum centercaps ($200) and all the tecnomagnesio specific lug nuts so it's a complete bolt on wheel and tire package ready to use (tires mounted and balanced as well). No hub rings or spacers are necessary as mentioned.

Last edited:
I no longer have any use for these, I bought a different Brembo BBK and these will not clear my larger Indy calipers.

I thought you guys might like to know about a unique feature of these wheels I just discovered. They utilize extended thread lug nuts which reach deeper into the lug bolts-- which is of interest because the problem with using spacers larger than 5mm is that it leaves you without enough thread engagement. But with the wheels using this unique feature, if you wanted to use 5-10mm spacers for flush fitment you can do so without the hassle and expense of replacing your wheel studs with extended ones. Might be of interest to those who want to custom tailor offsets and fitment.

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpg
    securedownload-2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 4,949
Last edited:
eteje3ar.jpg

One set sold, I have 3 good 17x8" fronts and two 18x10" cracked rears left. I would also be interested in another front if anyone has one so I can make a set of 17" wheels.

Last edited:
These are sold but I have singles as mentioned in updated post above. They are a cool project but won't fit over my new brakes so I've gotta let them go anyway. I would like to buy a front 17" though and make a set of 17x8 wheels for another car.

I'm not sure the cracked rears are repairable unless you've got an expert welder perhaps- I was even thinking of making a table or end tables out of them (wheels as base with glass top), or even light fixtures, or just hanging them up as wall art.

$300/each

Front single:
hu4esu6e.jpg

Front pair:
7epu3avu.jpg

uve7u6y8.jpg

Rears:
avuvy2y7.jpg

e6yquse8.jpg

Last edited:
Here goes an end table idea!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401942684.829366.jpg

And just to show how these look on an 02+
ete6y9yr.jpg

rubuvyne.jpg

Last edited:
Xmas bump

- - - Updated - - -

Bump. Also looking for any singles to purchase

bump for singles

I need a Noguchi glass top! Idea for the rears
81f65b74adef45aa8d7e6a89a9f21b35.jpg

Last edited:
Bump, I do not have a full roadworthy set. Please read the ad carefully, thank you.

I have singles as mentioned in updated post above. They are a cool project but won't fit over my new brakes so I've gotta let them go anyway. I would maybe like to buy a front 17" since I have 3 front wheels and make a set of 17x8 wheels for another car.

The rears I have are all cracked. I'm not sure the cracked rears are repairable unless you've got an expert welder perhaps- I was even thinking of making a table or end tables out of them (wheels as base with glass top), or even light fixtures, or just hanging them up as wall art since that may be their best use.

$250/each but would strongly prefer to sell in groups.

bump! $250/each

I have three good 17x8" fronts and two 18x10" cracked rears left (art project). I would also be interested in another front if anyone has one so I can make a set of square 17" wheels, cosmetics do not matter.

Last edited:
Sold all my fronts. Two cracked rears are still left but I'll probably keep them to make my TecNoguci table for a man-cave. Please lock thread!

Back