• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RYU's "properly molested" NSX build thread

Wow that car sounds MEAN. Clutch noise is similar to Trev's.
Perhaps, my ears aren't as well calibrated as yours. Trev's sounds like an Exedy. The exedy you can hear at the other end of a Walmart parking lot. The OSG you can hear only if the car is passing right by you. Even then both sounds are different. As Billy said the OSG is more a rumble in person and the Exedy is more like cowbells.

In any case, if you don't want any noise you don't want a floating disc clutch. You'll need to look elsewhere. If you want the quiestest floating disc clutch.. You can't get better than OSG. For any other criteria.. OSG in general is an awesome clutch. I would be fine if it sounded like a Exedy because it performs so well.
ha ha awesome thread. Don't forget the D1 Guy Rack Rebuild :) Its been a pleasure keeping up with you and all the guys out in California that Ive done business with.
Yes, indeed! Thanks Matt.

Can I encourage you to build this bushing? I found out its really what my rack needs right now along with your rebuild.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pV_SphimJcc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I think the benefit of the design outweighs the noise. There is now a OSG on my shopping list in japan. ;)

Hirano Tire has it for $1,250. ;) I might have them throw it in the box with the new Fujitsubo. :D And the KSP ABS harness I just ordered. :D:D

Yay stock options!

I agree. The tumbling sound is a good description. I'd go further to say it sounds like a cow bell inside a suit case stuffed with cotton and you threw it in the bathtub.

Yup. I have it and whoa is she a noisy one! Most people think my tranny is going to fall apart when they hear it.

With all the standard setting builds on this forum, next year's paycheck's are floating away already. Keep up the great work and well thought out modding. Hope you don't mind. I'll pm you sometime to ask a few questions.

I haven't updated this thread for a while. The car is currently undergoing some major maintenance refresh. I miss driving it dearly. Will update with many many pics once that work is done.

The gents at Revvolution.com were also kind enough to feature my car with kind words and beautiful pictures.
http://www.revvolution.com/blog/2014/07/without-compromise-regan-yu-s-acura-nsx

regan-yu-s-jdm-acura-nsx-58996.jpg

Many more pics after the jump
regan-yu-s-jdm-acura-nsx-59003.jpg

^^ Thank you!

Have some extra time today so why not upload a sneak peek! Doing a bunch of cool stuff to the car thanks to an awesome friend!

Freshly opened after 100k miles. I'm surprised there isn't more carbon buildup. Can probably thank the water injection for this. The cylinder walls were inspected and all looked good. No need to remove the pistons.. PHEW.
Before:
Pistons-Sleeves5_zps4dabf56c.jpg

After: Nice and clean
DSC01357_zps9d9f7a28.jpg

Finally new LMAs! I've been waiting YEARS for this.
HeadOn-LMAsIn_zpsbe615da7.jpg

Toda oil pump gear and new OEM housing. One less thing to worry about!
4NewTodaOilGearIn_zps29228607.jpg

Hi,

how did you clean the pistons and block face with everything assembled?? i ask because washing fluids with debris can go down the walls to the rod bearing caps and crank ..

Thanks,
Nuno

Hi,

Yes, you're right nuno. I assure you all precautions were taken :)

... and..... how did you do it ?? :biggrin:

i ask because i will face very soon exactly what you are facing... removing my heads to
inspect how is everything because i have a leaking HG... so, i will need to clean my block too :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Wow Regan, so happy to see it all being cleaned nice. I had the same feeling of pride and relief last year over at Acura to watch my engine being re-conditioned. I assume you are using ARP studs and cometic head gasket?

Edit: Here is my block at 90,000 miles

DSCN2041.JPG

Last edited:
Closing out 2014 strong
IMG_20140930_174152_zpsnfbzrlwt.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

That looks great at 90k Paul!
Wow Regan, so happy to see it all being cleaned nice. I had the same feeling of pride and relief last year over at Acura to watch my engine being re-conditioned. I assume you are using ARP studs and cometic head gasket?

Edit: Here is my block at 90,000 miles

DSCN2041.JPG

Back