• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing Order

For me, it was the idea that there are two sides to every story and that there are some pretty impossible people to deal with in the community. Given that and that my business with him was fairly early on in the community, I figured that issues were from obnoxious and irate customers. And sometimes you just miss threads that may have a bearing on purchasing habits.

I regret every dollar I ever gave him. In fact, I've sold the Dali-branded products that I purchased so that they wouldn't be on my car.

Same with vendors I've dealt with before - if they're robbing people they're the last person I'll give a hard earned cent of mine. I can't in good conscious receive a part knowing damn well he robbed someone else.

There is a little company called Exospeed that did/is doing the same thing to people. Fortunately I somehow got my parts (after putting him on blast on several forums, confronting him at a race in Vegas, etc), but by the time I knew about it - it was too late. He had my money so my only option was to get my parts, but I do feel bad that mine finally came in and I know he's taken THOUSANDS from others. It's pretty sad when a guy could be honest in his dealings and make a whole hell of a lot more money since he has a market essentially cornered, but is either too dumb/stupid/naive to realize it or just doesn't care.

It will come back to get him. Karma always does... unfortunately it takes time sometimes.

I'm with you Dave....and i knew the guy.

hit the nail on the head

Hi TURBO2GO / Dave

I have been reading this thread and I was surprised that what you posted wasn't added a long time ago.
I have owned my car for over 14 years now and I done a lot fo reading regarding Dali and his practices.
I placed an order when I first bought my car and haven't again. I got my 1 part and didn't have an issue but knowing what others have been through makes me sick to my stomach. Ignoring the fait of others (in my opinion) is like condoning his actions and cheering for the bad guys...... Just not right.
I would rather go to another supplier and buy my parts from them. If i cant get the parts else where, I would rather not buy them at all.

Perhaps I look at the world with rose colored glasses but if everyone would respect how he treats the rest of the community perhaps it would be a better world.
The thought that he hasn't ripped some buyers off and this justifies their purchases is just plain ridiculous.
Makes me think of the child that breaks all the windows of a house out but because he didn't break mine out really isn't all that bad........

I can only hope that others can find a conscious come to the right decision.
All I know is that karma is a bitch.
Glad to know someone else on the board said what i was thinking.

Gene Greer
'96 NSX-T

You guys must not know the news that Mark Johnson sold Dali Racing 3-4mths ago. I thought the new owners would be sprooking the Under New Management lines as soon as the deal was done.

I don't know who bought Dali maybe a phone call or email may shed some light on who is running the company now hopefully they don't have the same business ethics as Mark did.

You guys must not know the news that Mark Johnson sold Dali Racing 3-4mths ago. I thought the new owners would be sprooking the Under New Management lines as soon as the deal was done.

I don't know who bought Dali maybe a phone call or email may shed some light on who is running the company now hopefully they don't have the same business ethics as Mark did.
That is news to me, where did you hear this from? Dali is a big organization, I am surprised that it sold without more fanfare in the NSX community.

i had bought lots of parts from mark over the years with no problems then i ordered a coolant tank,he sent me a coolant tank that was missing the fitting for the overflow tube,he treated my request for the missing part as a joke,i thought that it was a screw in fitting and was only asking him to send me the missing part,so he just continued to treat me like a joke,then i ordered the shift boot clip and that didnt fit either,asked him if they all had that issue,no joy so i just stopped bothering with him and his site,he has some stuff i would like to order but dealing with him makes it not worth the hassle,if it all is an inconvenience for him as seems to be his attitude,why does he bother to stay open?

if half the people hate the guy and the other half love him isn't that to much of a risk to even try to choice sides by ordering anything from him?

not me I have a brain.

I hear all the bad reviews of Dali. I guess I'm a lucky one also. Everything I've ordered I've received. I pay with Paypal because I was told it was the best way to deal with him. It's worked so far. And he's responded to any questions I've had, his shipping is fast too.

i had bought lots of parts from mark over the years with no problems then i ordered a coolant tank

My one and only order with Dali consisted of a FRP center console, a bead blasted stainless shift knob, a short shifter linkage, and an aluminum coolant tank.

The center console and linkage came without issue. The shift knob showed up without threads...sent it back and he fixed the problem without issues...good communication so far. Then the communication completely stopped when I started asking about the ship date on my coolant tank. It has now been 2 years and I still do not have it and have received zero response to my emails since April 2012.

I recently posted a 1-star review about this to their facebook page...maybe if others do the same they will get the message...

https://www.facebook.com/daliRracing

I've said it before, as have many many others, Dali/Mark is great right up until he isn't. The only way to do it is pay via Paypal and if your stuff isn't there within their complaint time period, file a complaint. Mark will refund your money right away, but oddly enough will not respond to any other emails.

I've only used Mark once to purchase my Gruppe M Mirrors. He's been great for me; answered all questions and has been really good with communication period. The parts are coming from Japan, so I have not recieved them yet (just ordered a week or two ago), but my transaction has been good so far.

wow people are starting to put questions on his facebook page about past orders they didn't receive I wonder how long it will take before he deletes that facebook page and starts a new one

Hello NSX Prime Member,
This is not Mark. I assist in the operations for Dali Racing under the new management. If you have a problem with anything according to Daliracing Call 619-449-3254. My Name is BJ and I will try and figure out any problems that you might have. I tried to be more involved with this site but im getting trampled due to the "old issues" I am not here to make excuses for Dali Racing nor Mark. Mark is being phased out of the company as we speak so if you have any problems or issues please call me or email if you prefer [email protected] Also I tried to contact PM for being disgruntled on our facebook page with my contact information in which he did not reply. As far as anyone else I will try my best to rectify any problems and if I cant you can say that I was unhelpful and unavailable. But please give me a chance to fix any problems because I would like to be involved in the forum as well as someday become a vendor.
Thanks
BJ@daliracing

Judging by the new names on the Facebook page and the comments that they want to fix ills of the past it looks like there's new blood at Dali.
The new people will have their work cut out for themselves for a while but if they conduct themselves professionally they might just build the business back up.
I hope the new boys are successful as having another solid NSX dealer to shop from is good for us all.

This guys phone is gonna get real busy really fast. Be curious to know if his comments/claims actually are legit and he really makes everyone whole. Time will tell. I copied this from the Facebook page.

I have attempted to contact m-p Spierer to resolve his issue and any other issue on NSX Prime. No one has contacted me with any issues. I am here to try and solve any issues. Also dali racing has no need to hide nor "create a new facebook page" I am here to respond to anything [email protected] or call direct 619-449-3254. (you can publish that on nsx prime... im sitting by the phones waiting for your calls) let see what problems I can solve ~BJ@dali racing

wow people are starting to put questions on his facebook page about past orders they didn't receive I wonder how long it will take before he deletes that facebook page and starts a new one

They must be watching Prime because the latest post includes: "Also dali racing has no need to hide nor 'create a new facebook page' "

I said it before and I'll say it again (wasn't that a famous movie line)..........spent over $20k over the years and NEVER had an issue whatsoever other then trying to decipher his CA way of talking in emails........in fact I happen to get along with him very well. Sorry for those who had had problems, but like others who's posts I've read I haven't had any.

Copied from the Facebook page. It looks like someone is trying to rehab their reputation. No idea how serious they are, but if you've been ripped off by Dali, it might be worth a try.

I am here to try and solve any issues. Also dali racing has no need to hide nor "create a new facebook page" I am here to respond to anything [email protected] or call direct 619-449-3254. (you can publish that on nsx prime... im sitting by the phones waiting for your calls) let see what problems I can solve ~BJ@dali racing

In another spot on their page, someone asked if Dali has been sold or is under new management. This is the reply.

yeah both. Mark Johnson is here less and less and is in the process of being phased out of daliracing. If you have any questions or concerns please contact BJ at [email protected] or 619-449-3254. thanks

Good luck to all y'all who've been taken by Dali in the past!

Never had a problem with Mark. Shipped my stuff quickly and communication was great too. Seems like hit or miss kind of deal. Weird

FYI: this was posted int he reviews section. Start calling and seeing if this guy can fix the issues? I myself am not going to bother trying to get a refund on the track cushion he never sent me 3+ years ago.

"I have attempted to contact m-p Spierer to resolve his issue and any other issue on NSX Prime. No one has contacted me with any issues. I am here to try and solve any issues. Also dali racing has no need to hide nor "create a new facebook page" I am here to respond to anything [email protected] or call direct 619-449-3254. (you can publish that on nsx prime... im sitting by the phones waiting for your calls) let see what problems I can solve ~BJ@dali racing
Like · on Wednesday"

Hello All,
This is BJ from Dali racing. Yes I have been monitoring NSX prime because I would like to be apart of this group. As far as responding to emails and phone calls I am here during normal business hours. I have been in contact with nsx prime member "M-P" and I will let his testimonial speak for the actions that I have done. No disrespect to anyone here I just would like to be active in the NSX community. As far as my answers to "Mark Johnson's" attachment to the company I must be very vague because all details have not been worked out with the deal. But be assured that phones will be answered and any issues will be dealt with directly by me. Although I know this company has a good/bad, hate/love relationship I would like to change the persona of the way NSX prime members feel about Dali Racing. I am in the midst of revamping the website and trying to make it easier for you all. I know words cant make anything of the sting from the past go away but if I can chip at any problems one by one, I hope to spin a positive outlook on the Dali Racing Situation. Thank you NSX prime for hearing my side of the story and if given the chance... I think Dali Racing can be positive for any NSX owner. Thank you for your time. BJ@dali racing. PS anyone can reach me at 619-449-3254 at the shop M-F 10am to 5PM PST. email is [email protected] or to show you that I am willing to do anything to help...My personal Cell number 619-569-7966 which I am available anytime. Thank you all!

Back