• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing Order

Well I'm extremely surprised to say that after 2 years (almost to the day), I finally received my coolant tank.

I'm the person that BJ was referring to in his facebook post, so I gave him a call and explained the situation. I sent him a screenshot of my paypal invoice and the unanswered email chain that I had with myself...I mean Mark. He said something about the company pushing Mark out and that he wanted to remedy any situation that he could so that they could regain their trust with the community. I strongly suggest anyone who had a problem similar to mine to give BJ a call at 619-449-3254 and see if he can get you your parts. My trust in Dali isn't fully restored, but at least its a start.

Anyway, like everything else on the internet...pics or it didn't happen.

12196488743_d3f5bdef0c_c.jpg

c

And a really crappy picture of it installed no more than 20 minutes after UPS dropped it off.

12196641834_ab912ed00f_c.jpg

Wow I hope he kept records of all past orders cuz some unscrupulous person can say hey 4 years ago I sent him my NSX and never got it back wheres my can man LOL

or hey I purchased something XXXX and never got it ( they never purchased anything )

So BJ make sure you require a recipt or purchase order number or something to prove the customer did buy the item.
or verify from credit card statements etc. watch out there are shady people man even on prime.

goodluck building it back up.

This could be huge if the new management can be better at ensuring people get their orders. I hope they will maintain the large library of parts Dali offered in the past.

Never have bought from Dali, but even when I first became a Prime member, around 80 to 90 percent of the people whom I read about and who had dealt with Dali seemed to be having problems with purchases. I hope that this is being turned around by BJ and it gives the NSX community another venue to purchase even more mods that we want, but really don't need, and from a legitimate vendor.

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

Ordered a part on Jan. 20th and received it Jan. 29th. No communication problems at all.

i had no issues with Mark and sent a lot of business his way since buying my car in 2010.
Best wishes to BJ in getting the Dali Racing brand back on the NSX map.

Hope to do business with you soon

If there's really a new guy at Dali and MJ is out I think he deserved a chance. But still, I would change the name of the shop (to iLAD? :)) as some people refer the old name to bad feelings/business practice. It's a psychological thing. Good to know you're updating the outdated website. An extended introduction (with pictures) of the new shop staff is also trustworthy.

Thank M-P for that write up. I have 2 more issues that I am currently working on. Hope you all can see this start to a better Dali Racing! ~BJ

Make that three. Ordered a Tilton "Triple Play" Carbon clutch and Mark Johnson never delivered. If you need paperwork to validate the order, just let me know.

On a side note, and obviously I don't know the business sale specifics, but I hope a business valuation factored in an amount for negative brand value and that you paid a discount on inventory to maintain some semblance of profit margin while you attempt sales to a skeptical and hostile audience.

I too just sent a email to BJ and see what can be done to resurrect my order from 2012. Luckily I keep all correspondence from the previous owner. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
Stay tuned.

Well , i think they have good intentions but may have underestimated the carnage caused by MJ. I had a couple of nice sounding emails but when i forwarded all the documentation of how much i got ripped off for two weeks ago, i have heard nada.

is dali/BJ still trading? been trying to contact them since 27th feb......

ignore the last post, contact has been made! server issues apparently!

ignore the last post, contact has been made! server issues apparently!
well, i'd say new owners haven't proven much yet. I see one post here that someone actually recieved a new order and one person who recieved a relatively cheap part they paid for a long time ago. Thats not enough to order a part from overseas in my opinion. B.J. Just so you know, i would be quite happy to take parts in lieu of cash but unfortunately i went and got the parts dali ripped me off on from a reputable vendor so i no longer need those but would consider alternatives.

Coming up on three months since I contacted BJ, sounded encouraging at first... but not much from him in the last month. Starting to think nothing is really going to change with Dali, no resolution so far. Will update if anything changes.

I ordered a set of KW coilovers on Saturday from Dali. Did the normal steps of checking website, making sure the green light was flashing, and emailed Mark. Asked my normal 10000 questions and got of course the normal quick responses. Paid and checked out and was told they'll ship out this week sometime.

Well, I received a phone call just a few minutes ago from this BJ guy from the number posted above stating my order was ready to ship. Very nice transaction, can't believe I got a phone call from someone at Dali. Maybe I'll get a call from Mark someday.

Coming up on three months since I contacted BJ, sounded encouraging at first... but not much from him in the last month. Starting to think nothing is really going to change with Dali, no resolution so far. Will update if anything changes.

Same here. I was able to begin communications with BJ at the beginning of the year for parts not received from Mark back in Jan '08. 5 months now with limited emails responses. Last response was over 2 months ago.

On a brighter note I just talked to BJ about an order.
He dealt with it quickly and professionally.
I think the new owners are working pretty hard at resurrecting the business.
Perhaps they did not anticipate the customer issues that were unresolved and are a bit overwhelmed by the amount of money needed to fix the problems

Whoops spoke too soon.

BJ from Dali has posted some personal used NSX parts on the Prime Facebook page.
When questioned about it, his response was unprofessional to say the least.
BJ has been telling us all he is doing his best to fix past Dali issues.
With the attitude he is showing on Facebook I won't risk doing business with him or the "new" Dali.

yeah i thought i would give them a shot since the business has changed hands, i ordered a Comptech Camber kit they said it would be two weeks that was on the 29th of April i had to send proof or PayPal through to them because they lost my order and cannot find the transaction, BJ came back to me and apologised and since then it has gone deathly silent with me sending a weekly email and PM, copy of email asking for proof of purchase 18th June
Cameron,
I sent your order through. Can you send me any copies of your transaction so i may forward it to my boss.
Thanks
BJ
copy of last email from BJ dated 19 June 2014.
Cameron,
I am truly sorry for the mishap. My vendor claims they never got the order. I then forwarded them my email in which i ordered the item on 5/1/2014@11:48am an they still deny not receiving the order. Anyways, i reordered the parts and i should have it in a few days. Once it arrives we can package up the item and generate a shipping quote to you. Thank you for your patience but if you have a problem please contact me sooner.
Thank you for your business,
BJ
its now the 17th July...

Back