• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Black NSX Michigan ReSpray

feedback is awesome this week LOL
here are some pics of the rear end finished I love Berlina its the best looking when clean..

2014-02-20_11-45-18_108.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2014-02-20_11-45-08_579.jpg

Ok got the muffler to fit thought I was gonna have issues but I have the adapters on the wrong end LOL swapped them and bingo they fit.
Im not perfect ya know LOL

2014-02-20_19-38-45_334.jpg

Its ALIVE............Its ALIVE........... started on the first try adjusting idle now,

now remember guys when you get your headers heat treated when you start them for the first time they stink so bad LOL

almost like a stale fart from a hooker in a pepper patch.

the note sound awesome Comtech exhausts are always lovely to hear.
but Im a PrideV2 man myself LOL

Im tired been pulling alnighters latley and Im going home early tonight yippeee..

more pics tomorrow and maybe a small video

ok got the front end on geez getting everything lined up is a beast.

the trick I have learned doing so many is leave the bumper beam loose, and worry only about the fenders lining up with the front cover tighten them down till they are mint. use a car jack under the metal bumper beam with the hood closed fully and push the beam up till it meets the hood like a glove. the fenders are already mint so no worries. after the beam is mint with the hood tighen the 6 bolts holding the beam to the chassis.
then take car juck out and look at the minty'ness of a perfectly alighned front end.
I love NSX's they are the best to work on and the most pleasing.

2014-02-22_21-10-23_60.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2014-02-22_21-10-44_560.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

pushin 12:09am now LOL Im a freaking beast. so far tonight 9 cherry cokes and counting LOL

It must be so cool to surround yourself all day with these cars. Thanks for posting, it helps us arctic guys get through the winters.

99.9% complete, waiting on the NSX-R spoiler to be painted, tomorrow they are hand glazing the car and it done right on schedule

this car looks like it came from the factory. a little dirty will get better pics in the sunlight tomorrow.

2014-02-27_23-27-48_937.jpg

Looks great Shawn! One question: What is hand glazing?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=glaze
1. Glaze
(Adj.) A coating of ejactulate upon a surface.
glaze [gleyz] Show IPA

verb (used with object), glazed, glaz·ing.
To give a vitreous surface or coating to (a ceramic or the like), as by the application of a substance or by fusion of the body.
3. to cover with a smooth, glossy surface or coating.

Either or Shawn plans to apply a coating. LOL

Steve is gonna flip out when he lays eyes on it. from what it was to what it is now is night and day.
anyone else wanna send me their NSX I can work magic on your car.

comes in looking like a corrolla leaves looking like an NSX.

they are glazing it right now so I have spare time to clean my NSX yipppeeeeee
but wait when I drive it 1 mile it will look like I havent washed it in months so nevermind the cleaning
just gonna go redline it

Steve is gonna flip out when he lays eyes on it. from what it was to what it is now is night and day.
anyone else wanna send me their NSX I can work magic on your car.

comes in looking like a corrolla leaves looking like an NSX.

they are glazing it right now so I have spare time to clean my NSX yipppeeeeee
but wait when I drive it 1 mile it will look like I havent washed it in months so nevermind the cleaning
just gonna go redline it

Warm it up a little, first, Shawn! :smile:

I'm like Brian above! Knowing Steve and all, man I cannot WAIT to see Steve's now :cool: Get that BAD BOY back up here.

Just been to Shawn's shop to see my car - what a transformation! The paintwork is terrific; a great improvement on how the car looked when I shipped it to him. The mechanical work too has all been completed - just a couple of minor things that Shawn is going to take care of before I collect the car on Saturday morning to trailer it back to the frozen North. :biggrin:
If anybody wants work doing on their NSX, or any other car for that matter, I can certainly recommend Shawn. He's very detail-oriented, meticulous in the work he performs - and a pleasure to deal with. Off to meet Helen now and spend some time on the beach - 76 and sunny here :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks Steve I am glad you loved it. I cant wait till all your buds un north see the car we are gonna use my magic BLUE car wrap tape
gonna wrap the whole car so as not to get any chips on this now flawless car.
make sure your camera has fully charged batteries when you pick it up on sat.
nice to meet another NSX fan.

thanks for the props

We loaded his beauty onto the trailer today he took some pics and is home bound. so you local boys need to go check out my work, and report back.

thanks again Steve very fun

Home Again

So I figured, now that the car is back home, I should chart our trip to Tampa to meet up with Shawn and collect my car.
Although we made arrangements to ship the car after Thanksgiving, we (my wife Helen and I) decided we would drive down, spend a week on the beach to eascape the Michigan weather, then bring the car back on a trailer. Having booked a condo on Treasure Island for the week, I needed a trailer. After some research I got a great deal on a 'utility' trailer from Trailer Sales of Michigan in Jackson. This was the same spec. as their diamond plate car haulers, but with a wooden deck - and it was lighter and cheaper. Having got it home, I parked it in the snow bank at the top of our drive and then spent a few hours out in the cold (5 deg F) removing the center planks (more lightening), fitting E Track and making up a stone shield for the front.
The drive down went well and I found the trailer well-balanced and easy to tow. Arriving at the hotel/condo, we found somewhere to park the trailer and spent the Sunday on the beach. On the Monday, I had arranged to meet up with Shawn and take a look at the car - it looked great, and I left Shawn to finish off a couple of jobs before I returned the following weekend to collect the car and head for home. Having not had my car on a trailer before, I was a bit concerned that my tie downs would not work the way I had intended, or that it might be difficult to balance the load, making towing difficult, so I was a bit nervous when we showed up at Shawn's shop to load up. The car was ready and sat there gleaming in the sunlight. The paintwork was spectacular and really showed off the the Stacy side skirts and 02+ valance that Shawn had fitted for me (along with OE tubular headers, NSX-R chassis bars, CR harness bar, billet gauge rings, etc.). As it turned out, the E Track and the tie downs worked perfectly, and the car was easier to balance on the trailer than I had expected. Saying goodbye to Shawn, we headed for I-275 North - slowly at first but, as confidence grew, we found we could run comfortably at 75, touching 80 at times. The trailer worked really well and will be a great help getting the car to and from the track days I have planned. It always seemed a bit daft to drive 3 hours to a track, thrash the car all day long and then expect to drive home. Having a trailer will make that all a lot less stressful. Our Chevy Traverse was also a great vehicle to tow with - comfortable, lot of space inside, and enough performance to cope with the hills on the way back through Tennessee and Kentucky.
We stopped in Knoxville on the Saturday night and arrived back in Canton at about 6.00 on Sunday evening. The stone shield on the front of the trailer seems to have done its job well - though the car needs a good wash and polish to restore the lustre to the paint after the long haul (1203 mile door to door). I'll post more pictures once the car has been cleaned up but, in the meantime, here's some pictures from the trip....

057.jpg
053.jpg045.jpg043.jpg040.jpg022.jpg

Thanks again to Shawn for all his help and attention to detail.
If any of you out there are thinking about having some work done on your car, give Shawn a call.

Last edited:
hey Shawn, where are you located? I live just a few miles from Steve but will be in the Tampa area next week... wouldn't mind stopping by to say hello...

located by the Tampa Bucs Stadium Pm me for info always love to meet another NSX owner.

thank you Steve for the kind words I have a passion for the NSX and the guys that own them know its the best car that's why they always come back to them

Last edited:
had a nice visit with Shawn... great guy and he has a nice setup.... wow wish I was closer!

Not likely I'm afraid; I have the interior apart - working on the console and door switch plates to address the dreaded 'bubbling'.

Back