• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2014 dodge viper

If you're in the market for a brand new viper send me a pm. I know of three brand new ones a dealership has. Its a really small town and they must be panicking about selling them already as I've received several calls from several different people soliciting me to purchase them at rock bottom prices. I'm sure they could be bought on the cheap which is my thing but the viper is not.

If you're in the market for a brand new viper send me a pm. I know of three brand new ones a dealership has. Its a really small town and they must be panicking about selling them already as I've received several calls from several different people soliciting me to purchase them at rock bottom prices. I'm sure they could be bought on the cheap which is my thing but the viper is not.
It appears that it's not many people's "thing", even the current Viper owners. I hear it's much improved, and it's not bad looking..............but with the new Vette's performance and pricing, the Vipers are begging.

It appears that it's not many people's "thing", even the current Viper owners. I hear it's much improved, and it's not bad looking..............but with the new Vette's performance and pricing, the Vipers are begging.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The new vette IMO is a bargain. Which most likely means the viper will be the future collectible.

I think they went crazy with the pricing of the car. It should be a 75k-95k car, not 130k+

They seem to be duds. The stopped production halfway through the cycle already and I heard dealer has a 180 day on hand supply. Gotta suck to be paying floorplan interest on 100k cars.

funny,I thought the current car was improved in all areas....see how much I know about sportscars:confused:

The gen V is the best viper yet. I've heard from a number of gen v owners and they all love the car. That being said, I agree that it is priced too high. I found a few SRT versions for around 97-99k. The new TA version that just came out seem to be in more demand and can be had for around 120k. It will be interesting to see how much they will continue to drop.

Personally, I would rather have a Viper than a Vette.
To me, the Viper is much more exotic.
The new C7's will be EVERYWHERE in 2 years.

The new SRT Viper is great, but the Stingray is ALOT of car for the $$$$ when standing next to the Viper.

With the exception of power, I'm going to brave it and say that the C7 is better than the Viper in fit and finish and reliability, as well as aftermarket mod support, MPGs, etc.

If the C7 Z06, Zr-1 comes out then Vipers will have a handful......

I saw the new Viper at SEMA and it's a very sexy car standing in front of it. The lines are really good and performance is much improved over the old version though I have not driven the new one. Sad though that Dodge literally priced them out of the competition in the $130k range. I was a bit shocked to see how much they were since $130k can buy a lot of nice cars on the used market.

Dollar for dollar if I had to write a check it would go to Chevy for sure, the new Vette is definitely the better car unless you want rarity in which case the Viper might win. We had no less than 3 new Vette's in my parking area here in Pleasanton! The new Vette is a real looker! I get to hear the motor everyday I walk out to lunch and that is a stock car too.

Personally, I would rather have a Viper than a Vette.
To me, the Viper is much more exotic.
The new C7's will be EVERYWHERE in 2 years.

To me this is the long and short of it. Vette's are great cars, no question, and the price is very good. To me though, if everyone has one, it's not special anymore. That is the exact reason I love exotics. It's more than just performance to me (obviously I guess since the vette will blow my doors in...)

Just about everyone has a new Vette. I see about 2-3 on average everyday going to and from work. They look great, but unfortunately I'm already use to seeing them.

The Viper on the other hand, any generation always turns heads and causes mass hysteria on the streets. Performance isn't much of an issue, there's already a twin turbo kit in the works for the Gen V, and considering SRT went back to forged internals (like the Gen 2), 1,000whp will easily be obtainable on pump fuel without engine mods.

I was looking at them when they first came out, and my quoted $144,000 before taxes for a GTS was just ridiculous. Besides I've already had a girl ask if mine was the new Viper. I had to explain my car was about 3 years younger than her.

Hands down the Gen V is the best one produced, and it may even be the perfect Viper. With production numbers being ~1,000 units, the second or third owners 3 decades from now might see a pretty sizable return from a collectability standpoint. I'd hate to see what the production forecast for the next couple years will be.

Last edited:
Actually its a nice car, just overpriced. Here's a review

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UfPaEovkTJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Actually its a nice car, just overpriced. Here's a review

And yet the new NSX isn't going to suffer the same result. The Viper has most of what a sports car should, including a manual transmission. We'll just have to wait another 1.5 years or so to find out how the new NSX is judged.

The new SRT Viper is great, but the Stingray is ALOT of car for the $$$$ when standing next to the Viper.

With the exception of power, I'm going to brave it and say that the C7 is better than the Viper in fit and finish and reliability, as well as aftermarket mod support, MPGs, etc.

If the C7 Z06, Zr-1 comes out then Vipers will have a handful......

+1. The new C7 is as good if not better & $60K less. The Z06 will outperform it and be $40K less. Then all the Viper has to offer is the Exotic look. It is too refined to really attract the last gen Viper owners. Tough sell.

I heard there was a time when you could get a new Ford GT at ~100k when nobody wanted them :)

I heard there was a time when you could get a new Ford GT at ~100k when nobody wanted them :)

Yeah but they were limited production and are no longer produced. Different animal altogether IMO. I think the viper is limited to how every many they could sell.

91 sold in two months

3-18-2014 Detroit News article:

Chrysler Group LLC is temporarily idling the Detroit factory that produces its high-end SRT Viper super-car, which has had slumping sales in recent months.

“Chrysler Group confirms that its Conner Avenue Assembly Plant will be down, beginning the week of April 14,” said spokeswoman Jodi Tinson in an email to The Detroit News. “Production will resume the week of June 23. Ninety-one UAW-represented employees will be laid off during this time.”

Chrysler only sold 591 Vipers last year and 91 in the first two months of this year.

“The SRT Viper is a hand-crafted American exotic car that is designed for a specific consumer that values performance, style and exclusivity. It has never been intended to be a mass-production vehicle as less than 29,000 vehicles have been produced in the past 20 years,” said Chrysler spokeswoman Dianna Gutierrez.

“The ability to increase and decrease production at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant allows the company to continue to meet our customers’ desire to keep these special cars exclusive,” she added. “Customer and dealer demand for the SRT Viper continues at expected levels. We will be able to take advantage of this transition to manage dealer inventories as we prepare for an exciting 2015 model year.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140318/AUTO0101/303180086#ixzz2wM88HLcH

gd15.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And yet the new NSX isn't going to suffer the same result. The Viper has most of what a sports car should, including a manual transmission. We'll just have to wait another 1.5 years or so to find out how the new NSX is judged.
I thought the car was neat until I actually sat in it. It is a sardine can with horrible visibility. Going fast in it must be terrifying simply because you can't see anything around you. Maybe if you are small it is ok, but at 6'1" that car is off my list of vehicles that I have any interest in driving.

Chysler completely missed the mark for pricing of the new car. While it truly is a worth $100k+, no one is willing to pay that. Where else can you get 640hp with a warranty and basically the same suspension that set the lap record at Nurburgring? Viper had the same problem as the NSX. Both started as $65k cars and ballooned to $90k cars. Both sold well initially but very slowly at the $90k price point. Seeing the poor Gen IV sales numbers at $95k, what does Chyrsler do? Start the new model at $100k and move the GTS to $130k? WTF? Watch out as the NSX might just fall into the same trap.

It is funny to read all the "failure" comments in this thread as if the NSX was some runaway success. The NSX was a failure after the first few years. Selling <300 cars a year for the last 8 years of production is pathetic. We all know Honda would have made more if people wanted to pay $90k for a 15 year old design.

Back