• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein vs. KWV3

I have a set for my V3s but my cars been in the shop for a while so I haven't put them on yet. I like poly a lot and I'd go with it over stock if you track your car. If its a daily it would be 50/50 this or stock, I'd probably still go with poly.
Are you running stock top hats on your NSX?

I didn't say they aren't. They don't take e-orders online. Only over the phone ;)

Yes we are servicing the NSX community with complete top mount replacements, upgraded urethane bushings for the NSX OEM top mounts and our patented iLIFT® Intelligent Suspension Lift Systems.

We removed the shopping cart from our website because it was attracting too much of the wrong kind of attention. The website is now an informational platform.
I am re-posting the information on our complete top mount sets and on the replacement bushings for use with the NSX OEM top mounts along with our contact information.

iLIFT® Complete Top Mount Repalcements:
They are approximately 50% of the weight of OEM top mounts. They are made out of aluminum and anodized to provide a attractive and durable finish (will not corrode). They utilize urethane bushings that are approximately 50% stiffer than the OEM rubber bushings. This results in less suspension movement from the top mounts compared to the OEM top mounts. In addition, the urethane bushings are designed to support the load of the vehicle (OEM ones are not) and with the iLIFT® Intelligent Suspension Lift Systems. The urethane bushings will not become brittle or wear like rubber does with age. Our top mounts provide many of the benefits of pillow ball top mounts with out the noise, vibration and wear problems associated with pillow ball mounts.*

Our iLIFT® NSX Top Mounts are $350 for a complete set (set of four).

Urethane Bushings for NSX OEM top mounts:
We also offer our iLIFT® High performance urethane bushing set which can be used for the NSX OEM top mounts. This will provide all of the performance benefits of our iLIFT® Top Mounts (excluding the 50% weight savings).

Our iLIFT® High Performance Urethane Bushing set is $80 for a complete set (set of four).

For customers who will be installing an iLIFT® Intelligent Suspension Lift System with a coilover that utulizes the OEM Top Mounts (ie: KW V3) then we highly recommend either our iLIFT® Top Mount at $350 or our iLIFT® High Performance Urethane Bushing Set at $80 as they are designed to work with the iLIFT® Systems and support the entire load of the vehicle through the Urethane bushings.

Both our Top Mounts and High Performance Urethane Bushing sets can be used with or without an iLIFT® System. Feel free to contact us to see if they may be appropriate for your application.

Regarding your comments. Yes replacing the old OEM rubber bushings with new ones would address any noise concerns. The replacement rubber bushings would age over time and are not designed to support the entire load of the vehicle (Not optimal when using an iLIFT® System).

Weight wise, yes the weight savings isn't crucial just one of the benefits. The iLIFT® top mounts compared to the Bushings is purely a cosmetic and weight savings choice.

One of the reason we made iLIFT® top mounts are for people who no longer have their OEM Top Mounts but would like to install KW V3s.

Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further questions.

Thank You,

Steven Lee
Stealth Innovative Systems, LLC
http://iLiftSystems.con
[email protected]
559-GO-iLIFT (559-464-5438)

Last edited:
A Bilstein shock just died on me after 40k miles. I've to get new ones for the rear. The problem with new ones is that these are B6. They have the same size as OEM shocks. If you use different springs you have to add a rebound which makes me wonder why they didn't fabricate them as B8 which has a rebound of about 1 inch already installed. It's just unnecessary work to be done. And installing them would be easier as well without sacrificing anything.

You need a pair of #6 for each, mine was 91 so these are were a thinner concave updated part to me. you reuse the #16 collars... my rubber bushings were partially liquified after 24 years. The #9 is not reused, KW's come with a thin rubber isolator that double-stick tapes into the hat, the upper purple plastic bushing locks into it.

I set mine to 1 click softer bump and rebound then the KW manual recommended setting front/rear, ride is firm but compliant, unlike the horrible comptech silver coilovers and koni combo the car came with.
I seem to be missing the rubber double sticky piece from KW! Of course they are closed on Saturday!

Yes we are servicing the NSX community with complete top mount replacements, upgraded urethane bushings for the NSX OEM top mounts and our patented iLIFT® Intelligent Suspension Lift Systems.

We removed the shopping cart from our website because it was attracting too much of the wrong kind of attention. The website is now an informational platform.
I am re-posting the information on our complete top mount sets and on the replacement bushings for use with the NSX OEM top mounts along with our contact information.

iLIFT® Complete Top Mount Repalcements:
They are approximately 50% of the weight of OEM top mounts. They are made out of aluminum and anodized to provide a attractive and durable finish (will not corrode). They utilize urethane bushings that are approximately 50% stiffer than the OEM rubber bushings. This results in less suspension movement from the top mounts compared to the OEM top mounts. In addition, the urethane bushings are designed to support the load of the vehicle (OEM ones are not) and with the iLIFT® Intelligent Suspension Lift Systems. The urethane bushings will not become brittle or wear like rubber does with age. Our top mounts provide many of the benefits of pillow ball top mounts with out the noise, vibration and wear problems associated with pillow ball mounts.*

Our iLIFT® NSX Top Mounts are $350 for a complete set (set of four).

Urethane Bushings for NSX OEM top mounts:
We also offer our iLIFT® High performance urethane bushing set which can be used for the NSX OEM top mounts. This will provide all of the performance benefits of our iLIFT® Top Mounts (excluding the 50% weight savings).

Our iLIFT® High Performance Urethane Bushing set is $80 for a complete set (set of four).

For customers who will be installing an iLIFT® Intelligent Suspension Lift System with a coilover that utulizes the OEM Top Mounts (ie: KW V3) then we highly recommend either our iLIFT® Top Mount at $350 or our iLIFT® High Performance Urethane Bushing Set at $80 as they are designed to work with the iLIFT® Systems and support the entire load of the vehicle through the Urethane bushings.

Both our Top Mounts and High Performance Urethane Bushing sets can be used with or without an iLIFT® System. Feel free to contact us to see if they may be appropriate for your application.

Regarding your comments. Yes replacing the old OEM rubber bushings with new ones would address any noise concerns. The replacement rubber bushings would age over time and are not designed to support the entire load of the vehicle (Not optimal when using an iLIFT® System).

Weight wise, yes the weight savings isn't crucial just one of the benefits. The iLIFT® top mounts compared to the Bushings is purely a cosmetic and weight savings choice.

One of the reason we made iLIFT® top mounts are for people who no longer have their OEM Top Mounts but would like to install KW V3s.

Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further questions.

Thank You,

Steven Lee
Stealth Innovative Systems, LLC
http://iLiftSystems.con
[email protected]
559-GO-iLIFT (559-464-5438)
Anyone know if the iLift NSX tophats require the "KW's come with a thin rubber isolator that double-stick tapes into the hat"?
My KW V3 NSX kit seems to be missing the rubber isolator piece and my car is up on the lift disassembled ready for the new KW V3's to be installed. If course on Saturday KW is closed.....Help! I either need the KW part or the iLift tophat overnighted.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the iLift NSX tophats require the "KW's come with a thin rubber isolator that double-stick tapes into the hat"?
My KW V3 NSX kit seems to be missing the rubber isolator piece and my car is up on the lift disassembled ready for the new KW V3's to be installed. If course on Saturday KW is closed.....Help! I either need the KW part or the iLift tophat overnighted.
Evasive & KW stepped up an overnighted the missing parts so the install is back on track.

looks great mark,those wheels really complement an nsx.

Looking at your setup can you comment on how much drop your car is front & rear. Currently my NSX is dropped 1.49" front, 1.06" rear which is too low for my area so I plan to raise it up to 1.1" front .90" rear. The chamber is currently at -1.3 front & -2.8 rear. Raising the car should help those numbers. I may end up getting the Cedar Ridge rear beam bearings and rigid toe links for the rear as well.

looks great mark,those wheels really complement an nsx.
What is the best wheel cleaner that is safe on the Volk CE28N's? I don't think they are clear coated.

Last edited:
What is the best wheel cleaner that is safe on the Volk CE28N's? I don't think they are cleared coated.

i think they are clear coated but am not sure.i have a friend who details high-end cars,and he advised not putting anything on them that you wouldn't put on paint. i would be reluctant to use any wheel cleaner,no matter how gentle it says it is.

update-i got curious,so i asked mackin industries,the importer.they said the painted ones are clearcoated,the bronze ones like mine are anodized,a very strong surface recently discussed in the replacement window handle thread- http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/186356-Options-for-replacement-door-handles
see old guy's post 19

for either finish, mackin recommends only using car-specific car wash products on the wheels

Last edited:
Use Iron-X for wheel cleaning, if you havent seen that stuff it is pretty damn good

since we are drifting ot about wheels.... anodized are a biotch .....most wheel cleaners will screw them up over time..

Back