• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Camber kits?

What camber kits (front and rear) are available for the NSX? I tried searching but couldn't find anything definitive.

Thanks!

None for the rear and I believe CT makes one for the front to make it like -3

I looked for these years ago. I only found Comptech also being sold at Dali Racing. There was a guy here on prime I think his name was titaniumdave made some kind of rods to correct to much camber. If your just looking to fix the camber and you dont care how to do that talk to him. He might still have them laying around you never know.

do you want more or less?

I have Ti Daves front lower kit on mine it is a quality bit of work however i only got -1.44 on the LHS and got -2.45 on the RHS so obviously the left side dictated my alignment which is a pity as i was after -2.5 to -3. I believe Turbo2go may have had similar issues so it gave more neg camber than standard with a lowered car but not enough for track junkies.
Others have used his kit with better results so maybe not all cars are the same, we even took all the suspension arms off and rechecked after the alignment to check all was correct, however it does give you a 1 degree adjustability if you want to go back in from the max neg camber adjustment.

Dimer with the front Comptech can you adjust them in or are they fixed? I liked Ti Daves because you could adjust back in if needed, i just didnt get what i wanted on my left side the RHS is perfect for me i have a neg 1.5 to 2.5 range

Bumping my thread...

So it sounds like the only options are Ti Dave's kit and Comptech's camber plates? I would prefer not to do anything permanent or cause additional wear & tear on expensive OEM parts (i.e. upper control arms).

I just had my alignment done after lowering my car (zero fender gap on KW V3s) and my front camber is fine at -1.5 degrees on both sides. However, my rear camber is way out of spec. To keep things even, I'm at -3.8 degrees on both sides as my passenger side rear can't be adjusted any further than it already is.

I know our cars eat up rear tires, but at almost 4 degrees negative camber, I'm really concerned. I'm running zero toe all around to minimize inner tread wear, but I'm sure it won't be enough. There's no solution out there for us?

First of all zero toe is dangerous if you push the car in any way shape or form as it causes the rear to become unstable. The camber does not eat up tires that much it is the toe that eats them. You can get decent life out of the rear tires if you run a total rear toe of 0.20 degrees. I also get over 25k miles out of my rear tires which are Pilot Super Sports.

Last edited:
So it sounds like the only options are Ti Dave's kit and Comptech's camber plates? I would prefer not to do anything permanent or cause additional wear & tear on expensive OEM parts (i.e. upper control arms).

Find a Thom's Camber Kit :wink:

Bumping my thread...

I just had my alignment done after lowering my car (zero fender gap on KW V3s) and my front camber is fine at -1.5 degrees on both sides. However, my rear camber is way out of spec. To keep things even, I'm at -3.8 degrees on both sides as my passenger side rear can't be adjusted any further than it already is.

I know our cars eat up rear tires, but at almost 4 degrees negative camber, I'm really concerned. I'm running zero toe all around to minimize inner tread wear, but I'm sure it won't be enough. There's no solution out there for us?

Have you found a solution yet?

Look into TiDave's non compliance rear beam bushing with the offset insert. Completely reversible and will pull 0.8-1.2* of camber out of the rear of your car.

If you need more info contact myself or Dave and we will be happy to help.

I'm ok with my camber. I have a Ayotte camber kit, I needed it because I lowered my car on KW coilovers and wanted OE camber (1.4).
I was just chiming in to the thread. Will the TiDave's kit work for cars that are lowered 1.25 inches?

I did end up going with Ti Dave's parts (rear beam bushings, rigid toe links). I was able to get my rear camber to -2.8 degrees, much better than the -3.7 degrees I was running with the stock setup.

My car is lowered to a 1/2 finger gap all around (maybe 2.5" overall?) and all the parts work great. The reduced camber gives me noticeably more contact patch in the rear so the car feels more planted in the corners for sure.

Is that the max correction his kit offers? Less than 1 degree? Or did you intentionally set it to -2.8?

Which kit are you referring to?
Ti Dave's Kit or Thom Ayotte?

It depends on what your suspension setup is and what kind of correction you are looking to get.
For instance:
Lowering and not tracking or lowering to make a track rat

Can anyone humor me with my newbie question?

It's this: why does lowering an NSX increase negative camber? Isn't it an advantage of double wishbones that they maintain more even camber thoughout the range of travel than other setups?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Can anyone humor me with my newbie question?

It's this: why does lowering an NSX increase negative camber? Isn't it an advantage of double wishbones that they maintain more even camber thoughout the range of travel than other setups?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.
Because on a stock NSX this aids handling greatly, if the spring compresses and your in a turn it will camber the tire relative to the road service giving you traction.
The ratios are carefully calculate and there is a camber curve relative to mm of suspension travel.

Also note that toe in and out is also effected by suspension travel, again the chassis is trying to make more mechanical grip by modulating tire thread patch relative to the road.

I understood the question to be more general about what causes the camber gain. If the upper and lower arms are not the same length, the double-wishbone suspension shows camber change over its travel. By setting the lengths (upper is shorter), a designer can implement the goals described above (camber gain with compression).

I am wondering if anyone knows or can disclose the camber range available with each kit? for example can be adjusted from -1 to -4 as desired etc.

Thom's:
Ti Dave:
Comptech:

My primary focus at the moment is for adjusting the front camber but rear numbers are welcome! I feel like this would be useful info for anyone who has a desired alignment spec in mind.

Sorry if this is considered a thread hijack, I will be happy to start a new thread if necessary.

Back