• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 GPW NSX Build Up

Gosh, another white one in Socal? And, recently Ramon acquired a white one that looks just like mine. I am becoming too common...Just kidding. I am just jealous of your unicorn.

I remember 5-6 years ago, before I had my NSX, I saw a White on White parking on one of the streets in San Francisco Union Square. I almost pee in my pants. I had to gather myself and clam down when I saw it. I think that was the car.

Congratulation, and I look forward to meeting you.

Your handle sounds familiar.. I wonder if we have ever met... do you have photos of your NA? What year is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice car and write up. It was great seeing you again at cars and coffee. You make us proud

Tom, it was a nice surprise to see you at CC a month or so ago... bummed to hear that you sold off your set of NA's... at least you got back in one :)
Proud...? That's so cool to hear :)

- - - Updated - - -

Unicorn! Congrats!!
Thanks... :)

Great car, great build!!

You're making me dearly miss when my car was championship white!!

Any info how/when the owner converted to JDM fenders/quarters? Looks great. I personally hate the oem sidemarkers!

nice! good work with the carpet, can't imagine what the neighbors were thinking! ps if you need a home for those ivory seats let me know ;)

good eye. i didnt even catch that... i dont think they are downforce since the car is still running oem wheels.

keep up with this awesome build. carpet turned out amazing.

curious to know what kind of new shoes will be going on this car.

Great car, great build!!

Any info how/when the owner converted to JDM fenders/quarters? Looks great. I personally hate the oem sidemarkers!

Great car, great build!!

Champ White... :( My favorite color
I think the previous owner did it a few years ago.
I didnt think the OEM was that much of an eye sore until I got used to the clean JDM fenders and now I love them even more!

- - - Updated - - -

WOW, I love the white on white, but I LOVE the white on red. GL with your new car.

exactly <3

- - - Updated - - -

Drools- that white on white ♥

Long ago now... Only 2 left I think... and I know both of them :)

- - - Updated - - -

nice! good work with the carpet, can't imagine what the neighbors were thinking! ps if you need a home for those ivory seats let me know ;)

Crazy Asian, they said! ;)
We use the ivory seats now to watch tv... lol

- - - Updated - - -

good eye. i didnt even catch that... i dont think they are downforce since the car is still running oem wheels.

keep up with this awesome build. carpet turned out amazing.

curious to know what kind of new shoes will be going on this car.

the fenders are JDM, imported straight from Japan.
Thank you, the carpets were a lot of stress and a lot of work but turned out great
I wonder if the market place for ivory and tan carpets will start to spike? lol

As far as rims go... now that is a long story:
was going with powdercoated 02 wheels in white, then gunmetal
then CE's in bronze, then black, or mag blue... then red, then gunmetal... now I dont know...

Buddies are telling me Advans, Prodrives, Weds, ZE40, etc... I dont know, sigh

Cant make up my mind... :0/

id leave the oem wheels as is. your car is too special not to run a double staggered better balanced looking setup imo.

all your choices sound good; but the great thing is is that you can likely go through all those wheels via the used classifieds on prime and likely break even since the ones you mentioned are pretty high demand (for nsx) wheels.

you could be the first white 02+ nsx rocking advan5s on prime. :smile:

As far as rims go... now that is a long story:
was going with powdercoated 02 wheels in white, then gunmetal
then CE's in bronze, then black, or mag blue... then red, then gunmetal... now I dont know...

Buddies are telling me Advans, Prodrives, Weds, ZE40, etc... I dont know, sigh

Cant make up my mind... :0/

1036NA2 said:
Long ago now... Only 2 left I think... and I know both of them :)

As rare as it is I don't know if I would want one if one came out onto the market at the competitive market price. One day the devil will tempt me to dye/change the interior just as you have and will go for it because I personally think the red is so much more sexier ;). Maybe as a second NSX to keep and cherish that combo... But that will only remain as a thought for now.

Last edited:
As rare as it is I don't know if I would want one if one came out onto the market at the competitive market price. One day the devil will tempt me to dye/change the interior just as you have and will go for it because I personally think the red is so much more sexier ;). Maybe as a second NSX to keep and cherish that combo... But that will only remain as a thought for now.

Yea I actually appreciate the ivory more now that it is gone but our personalities just dont mesh.... RED=SEX for sure

- - - Updated - - -

id leave the oem wheels as is. your car is too special not to run a double staggered better balanced looking setup imo.

all your choices sound good; but the great thing is is that you can likely go through all those wheels via the used classifieds on prime and likely break even since the ones you mentioned are pretty high demand (for nsx) wheels.

you could be the first white 02+ nsx rocking advan5s on prime. :smile:

Yup, you sound like the rest of my buddies... sigh... the saga continues... who knows, maybe I will never get wheels... its all just too much! lol
I will probably have to get multiple sets as I have major ADD and cant stay with one thing too long

Nice build - I like how the carpets turned out. Which seat brackets did you use for your pole positions?

^^^ get a blue or orange and join the prestigious ranks :p

- - - Updated - - -

If that's not enough go boost, it will change your world hehe

I really like the red carpet and jersey mesh pole positions. Thats exactly how I would do it if I had a GPW car.

What seat brackets are you using and are you using the stock seatbelts?

Back