• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2014 ?

FYI - this just went out to all NSXCA members.

Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have dates -- Tuesday October 14 - Sunday October 19, 2014

This NSXPO is being handled slightly differently than the past. Track days will be

Tuesday - Thursday October 14 - 16 from 8AM - 12PM each day and will be held at
Mid-Ohio.

Social registration will start on the evening of Wednesday October 15 and the social

portion will go through the rest of the week.

We have some amazing things being set up for NSXPO 2014:
* Beautiful country drives
* Museums
* Big “TECH DAY” with hands on possibilities
* Large Vendors area ( bring your money )
* Chassis Dyno for those people who “ just want to know
* Car show
* Saturday banquet dinner with awards and guest speakers (TBA)

Keep an eye out for an early bird registration!
Further details to follow. See you at NSXPO 2014!

So the track event is apparently mornings only, but three mornings rather than two full days. Note, I am assuming that "8 AM - 12 PM" means 8 to noon and not 8 to midnight (since there is no such thing as 12 PM :) ). If I am wrong, then 16 hours a day on the track at Mid-Ohio sounds great!

I'd guess the track may have been booked for afternoon events since Mid Ohio gets booked all the time (great bike track :>))..........looking forward to another great event!

So the track event is apparently mornings only, but three mornings rather than two full days. Note, I am assuming that "8 AM - 12 PM" means 8 to noon and not 8 to midnight (since there is no such thing as 12 PM :) ). If I am wrong, then 16 hours a day on the track at Mid-Ohio sounds great!

Yes, 8-noon. We were fortunate that the track was booked the entire month but a group that had it on those three days graciously let us have three mornings and that is why we are doing three half days instead of two full days.

Back to Mid Ohio, where I did my first NSXPO, and for my birthday too. Will there be cake? It will be a long wait, but guess we'll make it. Looking forward to seeing Martin and many other friends, I've met at my 5 NSXPOS. Howard

This will be my 1st NSXPO...Any advice for a first timer??

1 Plan on having fun
2 Go out of your way to meet all of the Primers
3 If you have never tracked, plan on it. Remember, you don't HAVE to drive fast to have fun on the track.
4 Bring a FRS radio if you have one

Location - Maybe closer to Cleveland since the drives I expect will be more entertaining and it may be easier to navigate the traffic. Only issue I had with Columbus was the traffic

mid ohio as in Lexington, Ohio? my first time also. Are all the events held at the track? who ever lives in texas and are planning on going please let me know, maybe we can ride up there as a crew:)

1 Plan on having fun
2 Go out of your way to meet all of the Primers
3 If you have never tracked, plan on it. Remember, you don't HAVE to drive fast to have fun on the track.
4 Bring a FRS radio if you have one

Location - Maybe closer to Cleveland since the drives I expect will be more entertaining and it may be easier to navigate the traffic. Only issue I had with Columbus was the traffic

Never tracked the NSX, and I no longer have a updated helmet. My biggest concern would be breaking something at the track especially since I am 12 hrs away.

An open letter... on behalf of many fence-sitters, many of whom live thousands of miles away and probably some international folks too...

The burning questions given that:
-the location of NSXPO 2014 is Somewhere, Ohio
-we have been patiently awaiting coordination with Mother Acura and the NSXPO team
-the NSX 2.0 Performance Manufacturing Center is in Marysville, OH

1) Will we see the new NSX up close and be free to examine every inch of the car?
2) Will we see the new NSX drive on a track or open road?
3) Will we experience the new NSX from the driver's or passenger's seat?
4) Will we see the new NSX manufacturing facility?
5) Will we meet with the new NSX design and build team?

We certainly look forward to meeting other owners and sharing experiences, learning more, group drives, etc

Kindly level-set our expectations so that we can plan accordingly

Never tracked the NSX, and I no longer have a updated helmet. My biggest concern would be breaking something at the track especially since I am 12 hrs away.
A helmet is no problem. You can borrow a helmet, or you can reserve one from NSXCA. The club has a limited number of loaners available.

Break an NSX? Are you kidding? They're almost bullet proof! Of the thirty something cars at the track event last year, I know of only one that was disabled as a result of a mechanical failure (aftermarket clutch).

I felt as you do before my first event, but I have now done two, and it is awesome! Don't miss the opportunity. You don't have to break any track records to have fun (and learn a lot, too).

Gary

An open letter... on behalf of many fence-sitters, many of whom live thousands of miles away and probably some international folks too...

Hi

I am not speaking for NSXCA or anyone other than me. But here is my 2 cents on this.

I believe that the questions you ask can not be answered at this moment. The real schedule is kept secret. I think that is wise and probably a result of this deal between NSXCA and Acura.

It is enough for me to know that it will be Ohio. By the power of my imagination I posted what I thought would happen at this NSXPO earlier in this thread. I'm pretty confident that it will be some version of what I can imagine.

I am flying in from Norway. If this is a "regular" NSXPO with nothing of the things I imagine happens it will be worth it. But I'm pretty sure this will be something special.

Best regards

- - - Updated - - -

Back to Mid Ohio, where I did my first NSXPO, and for my birthday too. Will there be cake? It will be a long wait, but guess we'll make it. Looking forward to seeing Martin and many other friends, I've met at my 5 NSXPOS. Howard

Hi Howard

Will be great seeing you again. I can imagine a lot of things. And if only a small portion of it will come through this will be one hell of a NSXPO :)

Best regards

Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have dates -- Tuesday October 14 - Sunday October 19, 2014

This NSXPO is being handled slightly differently than the past. Track days will be
Tuesday - Thursday October 14 - 16 from 8AM - 12PM each day and will be held at
Mid-Ohio.

Social registration will start on the evening of Wednesday October 15 and the social
portion will go through the rest of the week.
We have some amazing things being set up for NSXPO 2014:
* Beautiful country drives
* Museums
* Big “TECH DAY” with hands on possibilities
* Large Vendors area ( bring your money )
* Chassis Dyno for those people who “ just want to know
* Car show
* Saturday banquet dinner with awards and guest speakers (TBA)

Keep an eye out for an early bird registration!
Further details to follow. See you at NSXPO 2014!

RE: track driving........you will learn more in one day (or half in this case) on a track then any and all combined years/miles you have driven on the street. The only limitations are those that you set out for your personal goals, and the only damage that usually happens is to personal egos, which need to be left at home. Have no fear of wrecking your car - you're in control of that and this is not a race event and really risk free if you drive within your limitations. Once you learn the track you will be surprised how much faster you will go, how much smoother you will drive, how much more you will learn as to what 'your' car is capable of doing. All that you learn then gets taken to the street where you become a MUCH better driver.

SMOOTH MEANS FAST...............you'll see what I mean.

Whether in a car or on a bike (as in my case) you will be amazed how much you learn in so little time on the track and how to hone your skills. I doubt there is anyone who has been on the track that will say they never learnt anything...........it's a great adrenalin rush, not to mention you get to see how your car was meant to be driven......

I'd love to bring my bike and use you all as moving pylons just to add to the fun - haha!

Shawna

Back