• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX @ $100k

INDICATORS OF THE MARKET

1999 ACURA NSX (Russo & Steele) - One of just 50 Alex Zanardi Signature Edition models built for the United States with the assistance of the IndyCar champion, these cars were lighter by almost 150 pounds and featured special interiors and suspension tuning. This upside striver may be the next Japanese collectible to break the $100,000 barrier.

The Globe & Mail news papers

Last edited:
I'm not sure I see anything about the NSX-R in Bram's post.

If it hits 100k, like any NSX owner, I'd be happy. However, I see the more rare NSXs (Zanardi and NSX-Xs) dropping in value (at least initially) once the new NSX comes out.

They may be referring to the modified Zanardi at Davis Acura outside Philadelphia. It has been listed for sale at an astronomical price for years.

The miles would have to be crazy low for $100,000. Then it probably would sit forever just like the car nsxatcy is talking about.

What are Zanardis selling at right now, 70 ish? It is different, it is better (arguably and at least in an apples to apples with a stock NSX), it is limited production and it is the right color.

With a production of a whopping 50 I'm the only one that can see someone wanting to scratch that itch at 100K? Especially a fully CompTech'd one?

well if honda let me design a zanardi i would have done a better job. LOL

What exactly does a Zanardi have in terms of significant weight reduction that a 91-94 NSX doesn't have?

Both have:

Manual rack-and-pinion steering (Electric Power Steering deleted) 32lbs
Fixed hard-top roof 95lbs

So the Zanardi is pretty much the same weight as a 91-94 NSX (OBD1 91-94 NSX only has 2 instead of 4 O2 sensors)

91-92 NSX are probably the lightest since it has no passenger airbags.

I never count the battery since it's a consumable that will be replaced over time.

Last edited:
The irony is that the Zanardi saved production and parts costs by having the Manual rack-and-pinion steering and Fixed hard-top roof.

And sprinkle some other silly inexpensive ingredients.

I'm perfectly happy with the "Senna edition" NSX that I have. He is a much more successful race car driver and from a more prestigious class (F1 > CART).

Respected Japanese Formula One driver Satoru Nakajima, for example, was involved with Honda in the NS-X's early on track development at Suzuka race circuit, where he performed many endurance distance duties related to chassis tuning. Brazilian Formula One World Champion Ayrton Senna, for whom Honda had powered all three of his world championship-winning Formula One race cars before his death in 1994, was considered Honda's main innovator in convincing the company to stiffen the NSX chassis further after initially testing the car at Honda's Suzuka GP circuit in Japan. Senna further helped refine the original NSX's suspension tuning and handling spending a whole day test driving prototypes and reporting his findings to Honda engineers after each of the day's five testing sessions. Senna also tested the NSX at the Nurburgring and other tracks. The suspension development program was far-ranging and took place at the Tochigi Proving Grounds, the Suzuka circuit, the 179-turn Nurburgring Course in Germany, HPCC, and Hondas newest test track in Takasu, Hokkaido. Honda automobile dealer Bobby Rahal (two-time CART PPG Cup and 1986 Indianapolis 500 champion) also participated in the car's development.

So where is the Bobby Rahal edition NSX? LOL

Respected Japanese Formula One driver Satoru Nakajima, for example, was involved with Honda in the NS-X's early on track development at Suzuka race circuit, where he performed many endurance distance duties related to chassis tuning. Brazilian Formula One World Champion Ayrton Senna, for whom Honda had powered all three of his world championship-winning Formula One race cars before his death in 1994, was considered Honda's main innovator in convincing the company to stiffen the NSX chassis further after initially testing the car at Honda's Suzuka GP circuit in Japan. Senna further helped refine the original NSX's suspension tuning and handling spending a whole day test driving prototypes and reporting his findings to Honda engineers after each of the day's five testing sessions. Senna also tested the NSX at the Nurburgring and other tracks. The suspension development program was far-ranging and took place at the Tochigi Proving Grounds, the Suzuka circuit, the 179-turn Nurburgring Course in Germany, HPCC, and Hondas newest test track in Takasu, Hokkaido. Honda automobile dealer Bobby Rahal (two-time CART PPG Cup and 1986 Indianapolis 500 champion) also participated in the car's development.

It's been a while since I was at school, but it seems like the quotation marks at the beginning and end of that paragraph are missing as is a reference to where it was copied from.

It's been a while since I was at school, but it seems like the quotation marks at the beginning and end of that paragraph are missing as is a reference to where it was copied from.

It simply stinks of Wikipedia. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guys that don't have a Zanardi...

I have the Iron Maiden Edition, Ed Force One model. Trust me, I'm a guy without a Zanardi and if I see one I will fart in its general direction. (Spoken as Inspector Clouseau) :)

If a true collector of fine autos who is not the average Joe used sports car buyer like 99% of prime is......wants an nsx he will be shopping for a zanardi....it is best of breed from mother honda in america.Iron maiden edition is a close:wink: second..

I'm lazy considering that I did all of that on an Android phone while driving.....

The NSX is one of the few cars made after 1969 that I think will be a classic.
Values have been going up the last few years.
I wouldn't be surprised in 10 years to see an average first gen NSX going for $100,000
There's no other supercar EVER that can hold 400,000 miles, be daily driven, and still looks good.
The Ford GT is the only thing I can think of that's close, but there's no way it could hold the miles a NSX can.

I have the Iron Maiden Edition, Ed Force One model.

Iron maiden edition is a close:wink: second..

Funny, as I was reading this "The Clairvoyant" came on in my music shuffle. \m/ IRON MAIDEN!! \m/

The NSX is one of the few cars made after 1969 that I think will be a classic.
Values have been going up the last few years.
I wouldn't be surprised in 10 years to see an average first gen NSX going for $100,000
There's no other supercar EVER that can hold 400,000 miles, be daily driven, and still looks good.
The Ford GT is the only thing I can think of that's close, but there's no way it could hold the miles a NSX can.

I had my car appraised by a very respected classic car source (in person, not some internet crap) this summer and it was $15,000 more than I paid for it in 2008. Prices are going up for nice examples.

Back