• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX @ $100k

The NSX is one of the few cars made after 1969 that I think will be a classic.
Values have been going up the last few years.
I wouldn't be surprised in 10 years to see an average first gen NSX going for $100,000
There's no other supercar EVER that can hold 400,000 miles, be daily driven, and still looks good.
The Ford GT is the only thing I can think of that's close, but there's no way it could hold the miles a NSX can.

There are quite a few NSX/FordGT owners on this forum. They (and I) can tell you that there are a few "higher mileage" GT's out there. One is currently over 100,000 miles that I know of. The appreciation on the GT is just crazy, and I tell people that both of my "toy cars" are appreciating. I didn't buy either one with that intent, I bought them to drive, and I do!!!

My buddy works for the auction. While $100k is beyond optimistic, they are pretty confident bidding will be north of $80k. He's been trying to get me to consign mine, unsuccessfully at that.

INDICATORS OF THE MARKET

1999 ACURA NSX (Russo & Steele) - One of just 50 Alex Zanardi Signature Edition models built for the United States with the assistance of the IndyCar champion, these cars were lighter by almost 150 pounds and featured special interiors and suspension tuning. This upside striver may be the next Japanese collectible to break the $100,000 barrier.

The Globe & Mail news papers

The Zanardi is the ONLY special NSX sold in the US market as far as I know. It's special because they only built 50. And if I had one I'd leave it bone stock as well.

Sold: $73,830.00

Well folks I'm going to finally sell my #7 Zanardi so it's good to know what values are though - the sample size is sure small!

If and whenever you do sell please update this thread with the price.

Bat it's better than the 91-94 coupe because it's an NA2. I'm certain we will see 100K soon enough.

Last edited:
Sorry to learn of this

Well folks I'm going to finally sell my #7 Zanardi so it's good to know what values are though - the sample size is sure small!

Hey Ron a bit sorry to hear this :frown: as it is (we think) the only Zanardi in Michigan currently....

You have quite a "track record" here on NSXPrime - 3 posts in eleven + years!

A car is always worth what the person writing the check is willing to pay. I've had tons of people tell me my cars are not worth xxxxx and it always sells in the end for my asking price.

I would not buy a Zanardi but I'm sure there plenty of people who will. We all pride our possessions on what it's worth, glad to have plenty of choices out there.

When I shop for my F458 I am hoping the prices are coming down, but once I buy, I would hope the value does not drop further :) Sound familiar?

A car is always worth what the person writing the check is willing to pay. I've had tons of people tell me my cars are not worth xxxxx and it always sells in the end for my asking price.

I would not buy a Zanardi but I'm sure there plenty of people who will. We all pride our possessions on what it's worth, glad to have plenty of choices out there.

When I shop for my F458 I am hoping the prices are coming down, but once I buy, I would hope the value does not drop further :) Sound familiar?

LOL... always the way it works out. Same for my 12C!

It's a lighter, manual steering, better suspended hard top NA2 6-speed coupe from the factory. The only car like that from the factory. Of which only 50 were made. You don't see anything "special"? :confused:

I think when some people say it's not special they're really just saying they wouldn't want one.

+1, I agree the word "special" can be taken in different context.

Keep in mind what's special in one person's eyes may not hold true for another. My wife and I run into this dilemma all the time! :redface:

Case in point, a Honda s2000 CR "delete" model (no radio and air conditioning) is the rarest of all the s2000 models but few people desire them. Are they special, answer is obviously yes. Would people pay the extra money out of their own pocket for one, answer is most likely no.

Zanardi is probably special to a collector or die hard NSX fanatic but to the general NSX population and lame car guy, it's just an NSX.

Very happy with my 2003, always wanted 02+ when I had my 2001, Zanardi or not. It's also very nice being able to remove the top on nice days. Again many thanks to red-nsx for selling me this car.

+1, I agree the word "special" can be taken in different context.
Case in point, a Honda s2000 CR "delete" model (no radio and air conditioning) is the rarest of all the s2000 models but few people desire them. Are they special, answer is obviously yes. Would people pay the extra money out of their own pocket for one, answer is most likely no.

Zanardi is probably special to a collector or die hard NSX fanatic but to the general NSX population and lame car guy, it's just an NSX.

I'm searching for a single digit mileage CR, sub 10k miles and they are impossible to find.

I'm searching for a single digit mileage CR, sub 10k miles and they are impossible to find.

You mean under 9999 miles?

I've seen a few but be prepared to pay big $$$$ or travel cross-country!

You mean under 9999 miles?

I've seen a few but be prepared to pay big $$$$ or travel cross-country!

I've been looking as well... can't find them. And that's the point - rare cars will hold value even if the market is small. Look at Merc's black series cars - they've been holding decent value. Try to find a <5k mile model and they are expensive and will only continue to be that way.

Back