• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Would really like to hear good news on Gil and Chris .... anyone close enough to be able to do so ...

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Nothing is wrong, just going in a different direction with my life and really have no use for the car any longer. More than likely it will be completed then sold to the right buyer whenever that may be.

Car is paid for, parts are paid for, labor is all paid for and I'm not hurting for money in anyway, shape, or form, so please do not consider this a for sale ad and do not pm me or Gil for parts! lol You are welcome to call, text, email, Skype, send smoke signals, or what have you to Gil to see if he will sell you anything from this build, but remember that this is my car and my parts, so it will come back to me one way or another. The answer will be no. Sorry, but prime is full of "opportunists", so I figured I would throw that out there!

This has been one hell of an experience and one I will never do again! lol If it wasn't for Gil and prime members, I probably would've gone postal a long time ago.

Thank you to everyone that has reached out or have followed this thread. It means a lot to me and hopefully you have learned either what to do or not do in some cases. Once the car is complete, I will throw some pics up somewhere, but this thread will die and will not be updated anymore by me.

Doc/RSO, please lock this thread for good.

Last edited:
So 23 pages of teasers, and not a single pic of finished project. Sad. But perhaps the saddest of all is the fact that the NSX on page 1, in its original form, is probably worth more than all this crap thrown on it. A perfect, last year collector's NSX, butchered.

Oh well, IBTL!

Sorry folks been up to neck with various things going on but secret sauce updates to arrive soon with additional pictures.

Two weeks ago I have been also talking with 3M's testing facility with new products that will be released. I was sent a gallon of there secret sauce compound that provides flawless depth finishes with ease without having to do multiple steps I have done in the past (no marring, Swirls, spider webs etc.) I went ahead and spent an hour around 2 a.m after clay bar and pre-prep of paint. Reducing my time of the dreaded cutting and buffing process. Once the Madonna project hits cut and buff stage I am anxious to see the results. I have tried just about every compound, swirl remover of every brand out there and nothing compares to what I just achieved.
1414306640_zpsc4ac789f.jpg

More to announce once components needed arrive.

Would love to know what the "secret sauce compound" is and if it ever went to market?

So 23 pages of teasers, and not a single pic of finished project. Sad. But perhaps the saddest of all is the fact that the NSX on page 1, in its original form, is probably worth more than all this crap thrown on it. A perfect, last year collector's NSX, butchered.

Oh well, IBTL!

Interesting statement. It would behoove you to read and look at the pictures instead of just looking at pictures. Your last comment would be negated if you would've just read. Thanks for your feedback.

Would love to know what the "secret sauce compound" is and if it ever went to market?

Chris,

I believe it did. It was an all-in-one compound from 3M. Not sure the name of it, but Gil told me one time that 3M charged something like $800 for bottle. Cannot remember how big the bottle was.

Glad to see you update the thread....Let us know if and when Gil finishes it or if it goes up for sale.

Chris,

I believe it did. It was an all-in-one compound from 3M. Not sure the name of it, but Gil told me one time that 3M charged something like $800 for bottle. Cannot remember how big the bottle was.

Thanks for responding I hope all is well with you. Hilarious timing on this, did you hear my buffer? I hit an all time low buffing today............under the car.

Doc sign me up for the shock therapy!:smile:

Glad to see you update the thread....Let us know if and when Gil finishes it or if it goes up for sale.

Thanks Doc,

The car is fine and so am I. Gil is finishing the car and has been busy with his real job for quite some time now. His schedule has been extremely hectic and he's doing the best he can to be a dad, an employee and a car builder all at the same time. Hat is off to the man because there is no way I would be able to do it all!

For all of the purists out there, have no fear! Everything done to this car can be fully reversed. If any purist following this thread should read one post, it should be this one. Part of my continuing flailing with this build has been the cost associated with it. I have about $200K including the car invested in this build. This dollar figure is so high because I did not want to "butcher" an 05 LBBP. Every step of this build has been thought out and additional parts purchased to ensure that my OEM panels, pieces, or whatever else are fully preserved.

The interior is a mixture of used parts and new and that have been covered in Carbon 6's Alcantara. Doug did a great job wrapping all of those pieces to form the interior you are seeing pics of. This means that all of my OEM interior pieces are sitting in boxes and have not been "butchered".

For my engine build, I purchased a used engine. Meaning that the factory engine is still sitting pretty. I still have all of the OEM body panels and Gil has paint corrected them to better than new. This holds true with the rest of the build and all related components of it.

While it may be hard for some to understand, this is quite the commitment and incurred serious costs along the way. These costs would make anyone question if they are doing the right thing or not.

Thanks for responding I hope all is well with you. Hilarious timing on this, did you hear my buffer? I hit an all time low buffing today............under the car.

Doc sign me up for the shock therapy!

Dude!!,

That is dedication!! You have an amazing and very unique car. I have checked on your build thread from time to time and am always amazed at the level of detail you have put into it. I hope to see it in person one day.

ha ..shock therapy is a crude but effective treatment for depression that is resistant to drugs.....you have crazycaritus......which is treatable with more money and a bigger garage.....:biggrin:

lol man some people just get bent out of shape because you "ruin" the car with your mods and your money. And to comment on such, the thread clearly shows that he has kept every single stock piece and nothing has been modified to the car that is irreversible. Ive seen the car in person and I can attest that the car can be returned to its OEM state overnight. Chris, hope all is well brother and Godspeed

Found this online article. I didn't know anyone was doing any sort of writeup, but if it was from a Prime Member, thank you!

http://www.octanesignature.com/final-year-nsx-becomes-base-for-widebody-project-build/

The car is alive and well, though not finished just yet! I've thought about selling it several times, but then every so often I see an NSX on the road and all thoughts of selling disappear. Funny how a car can do that to you...

good to see you posting...btw that link was blocked by my malware for having spyware..

Found this online article. I didn't know anyone was doing any sort of writeup, but if it was from a Prime Member, thank you!

http://www.octanesignature.com/final-year-nsx-becomes-base-for-widebody-project-build/

The car is alive and well, though not finished just yet! I've thought about selling it several times, but then every so often I see an NSX on the road and all thoughts of selling disappear. Funny how a car can do that to you...

This is awesome news, glad you still have it!! Hope all is well. Looked you up on fb a while back to touch base and see how you were doing but couldn't find your profile! Shoot me a message some time!

Back