• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

gil is one of the classiest guys on prime. you could not be in better hands imo.

As far as Gil goes, his car has probably got to be my absolute favorite. I'm extremely happy that he has agreed to do this for me. He's a great guy and has helped me a lot! I'm starting to sound like a Gil fan boy, but I cannot express enough how appreciative I am..especially in my situation.

- - - Updated - - -

take a few pictures for us kids here would ya ?!!? :)

That lbbp os so electrifying. I couldnt stop staring. Ill get the Magnum next to the Blue, you don't see that often.

gil is one of the classiest guys on prime. you could not be in better hands imo.

Totally agree! He's been awesome and always made himself around to answer any question I can possibly think of. As a matter of fact, I officially ran out of questions the other day! lol

Thanks Brandon! I sent you a PM. We've got to meet up next time I'm home. Have to check out that new twin set up.

Sounds good ! I haven't received a PM from you. You'll love the twins with the 3.5. The acceleration is stupid fast.

Look forward to seeing the build progress ur in good hands.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Things have been slow as Gil and I have been waiting on various things to arrive. I guess now would be a good time for a little update!

The Madonna Kit has reached the US and cleared Customs, it should be delivered to Gil's place by Wednesday!

The GT One Hood and Trunk is still an unknown as I have not heard anything on the production schedule. more to follow on this...

Alec will be doing a complete set of LED Tails for the car very shortly (Thanks Alec!). This will be a complete set with center (Includes turn signals).

I also received a Comptech Harness Bar that I purchased from Hrant (Thanks Hrant!). This will help tremendously with the choice of seats selected for this build.

Gil sent me a little teaser picture with his amazing Magnum Grey Pearl NSX, which I thought I too good not to share.

IMG_20140306_022812.jpg

More updates very soon!

where in Texas are you Located? DFW has a few of those blues rolling around

Madonna arrived like a virgin!!!

BoxArrivals_zps9d2a65e9.jpg

FrontBumperFrontView_zps45fc0eb1.jpg

Frontbumpertopview_zpscf01eded.jpg

FrontBumperbackside_zps04795de5.jpg

Frontbumpermountingholes_zpsd2566c53.jpg

Frontfendertopview_zps9f44920a.jpg

Frontfender1_zps7123aa70.jpg

rearquartertopview_zpsc2b4f75c.jpg

rearquarterpanelvents_zpsc183afb6.jpg

rearquarterpanel_zps8cf18d43.jpg

Cheesy isn't it? Plans are to build a custom one similar to what was done on my past sorcery kit.
cheesygascap_zpsc33ab7b8.jpg

Sideskirts will be adjusted with a minor change to styling cues from Route KS
sideskirt_zps32e59788.jpg

sideskirt2_zps86b056b1.jpg

Rear bumper is a bit a iffy, Chris and I will discuss possible changes to the lower half with a few surprises once the kit is mocked up on his ride.
RearBumper_zps7d06a793.jpg

RearBumpertopview_zps654dca6a.jpg

RearBumperrear34view_zpsbdb90ce6.jpg

Analysis upon inspecting a freshly made kit for future/possible owners, the kit quality is on par with what I have expected from FRP of this caliber. Surface is quite flat with minimal blocking. Fitment to be determined once the car is finalized in preparation of initial mock up. I noticed from my kit and this new one, there have been subtle improvements within build quality and materials used. So far so good, crossing fingers.

More to come!

Last edited:
Looks great, can't wait to see it!!

I've seen it on the black one(but hard to tell on that color, will be much more noticeable on the LBBP)... but do the bumpers/side skirts incorporate the fender/quarter flares?

Looks great, can't wait to see it!!

I've seen it on the black one(but hard to tell on that color, will be much more noticeable on the LBBP)... but do the bumpers/side skirts incorporate the fender/quarter flares?

Hey other Chris,

Once in the car I will snap some shots to answer your question.

Just a few teaser shots that Gil sent me (Yeah Gil, I am certainly impatient, but just too excited not to post..lol)!

The front end disassembled

1395024363_zps7caaae02.jpg

Initial mock up before bolting all hardware down

1395024460_zps3d1deab3.jpg

Don't worry, those tiny brakes will be replaced shortly...

First initial test fitment. Will need some layering, sectioning and gap fixing per Gil.

1395024393_zpsb1670412.jpg

More to follow shortly...

wow……… this is gonna be sick! what kinda wheels are going on this bad boy??

I wanted to go a different route than traditional deep dish wheels, so a set of BC Racing HB05s will be going on as well as a set of gold anodized WP Brakes thanks to Brandon with GT Theory!

Coming a long very nicely!!!

Thinking about cutting the center section from the rear bumper and running a diffuser instead.

IMG_20140327_073352.jpg

Anyone have any diffuser suggestions/ideas?

Back