• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

I assume you are retaining the original body panels 01a4man?

That is correct, Vanishing Point. All OEM parts are being kept and replaced should they be sacrificed during the build process.

Just a quick update...

1. GT-One Dry Carbon Hood
View attachment 109856
View attachment 109858
Awesome build! Been following this for a while and this is still one of my favorite kits.

Really curious on how the GT-One 02+ hood works out for you. Hope the surface is flat and not warpy/wavy. My BYS R Hood gets a little wavy in the hot sun but fitment is 9/10. Please let us know! Thanks!

^^ That looks great, very aggressive. You could attain the same look by just cutting out the bumper as you suggested Chris, then adding the Difflow Diffuser alot of us have.

It would also hold up much better with a slammed stance, whereas the diffuser on the bumper is fiberglass and Difflow is aluminum.

http://www.difflow.com/nsx_5elementoriginal.html

How about like this Chris, but with a dual exhaust or maybe even a quad tip:

View attachment 111462

Thanks, Jose. I have considered that route already. Problem is that that diffuser was sold by GT-One (not sure who made it), but has been discontinued. Gil and I are looking at what is out there. The Difflow as Chris mentioned is up for consideration, but it will not fit the build when the rest of the body is done. I think I am going to have to bug Gil to use his awesome fabrication skills! Right, Gil? :)

Last edited:
Yes, that's the old GT-One CF diffuser. I much prefer that than the Difflow just personally speaking however, it needed some slight modification to get it to fit right and I always worried if it would hold up under all that heat (especially out here on SoCal track days).

Please let us know if you find that. Been trying to locate a used one for years.

Awesome build! Been following this for a while and this is still one of my favorite kits.

Really curious on how the GT-One 02+ hood works out for you. Hope the surface is flat and not warpy/wavy. My BYS R Hood gets a little wavy in the hot sun but fitment is 9/10. Please let us know! Thanks!

Thanks RYU,

I appreciate it!The kit is my absolute favorite as it maintains the already sexy lines of the NSX. I'm waiting (very impatiently I might add) for the trunk and hood to arrive. I have been advised that the trunk is already completed, but I have not been able to get a status on the hood. I too am praying that the dry carbon comes out smooth and fits well. Hitoshi San has assured me that everything will come out great, so hopefully I will get some news soon. I'll definitely report on fit and finish when they arrive.

I'll keep bugging Hitoshi San to see if he can help me find one for you. Too easy...

Last edited:
Quick update:

Alignment of the kit is still on-going. Gil is working his magic and everything is going well. I've still gotten no update on the GT-One Hood as of yet, but am hoping for something pretty shortly.

In the mean time, a few goodies came in. I had originally anticipated building the car in stages, but since the body work is in process, I figured I would get a little head start on phase 2 (engine) and phase 3 (interior).
IMG_20140405_082632.jpg
parts 1.jpg
parts 2.jpg
parts 3.jpg
parts 4.jpg
parts.jpg

Big thanks to Louis (Advans CPAP) for the Navigation Pod w/vent, Type-S Shift Lever, NSX-R Shift Knob, NSX-R Extended Seat Belt Receivers, "H" Emblem, and the NSX-R Shift Boot. The NSX-R Pedals should be June or July timeframe. I'll also be ordering one of Louis's now famous carbon steering wheels very shortly.

Just a little sneak peek of a part of phase 3. The billet throttle body is 72mm and the other is 76mm. Gil will be testing the throttle bodies for me to see how they will work for my forced induction plans. Stay tuned for more info on this phase! Thank you, Ken!!
20140402_234217.jpg
20140402_234132.jpg
20140402_234137.jpg
20140402_234200.jpg

I had been searching online for an OEM Fuel Filler Door to replace the hideous motorcycle gas cap that the Madonna Kit came with. A new fuel door ran about $100 plus dollars from a dealership, so I posted a wanted by ad. I was lucky and a fellow primer got me taken care of. Thanks Roger (ofdlt10)!
20140402_234307.jpg
This door will serve as a sacrificial lamb and be cut up to make a fully functional OEM type fuel door for the Madonna Kit.

I have received several pm's and there have been a few posts regarding the OEM panels and whether or not I would be keeping them. The answer is yes, I will be keeping them and they will be properly stored should I ever decide to return the car to stock, or sell it. I thought I would post a picture of the deplorable conditions they are currently being kept in....they are presently living better than I am folks! Look for yourself!
IMG_20140405_082546.jpg
IMG_20140405_082510.jpg

To say the Gil is meticulous would be an understatement! His work has been nothing short of amazing and he has helped me tremendously in many different ways. He is even offering mediation services between my girlfriend and I (I made the mistake of mentioning how much has been spent thus far and what is left to go)! How can the man do more than that folks? lol :)

Stay tuned....

Last edited:
I thought I would post a picture of the deplorable conditions they are currently being kept in....they are presently living better than I am folks! Look for yourself!
View attachment 111513

To say the Gil is meticulous would be an understatement!
Stay tuned....

The scented candles must have been a US only option ....

You mentioned extended seat belt receivers ... did I miss some detail about the seat option for this build?

You're definately keeping Gil busy, probably explains why some other projects have gone on the back burner ... sensible move to keep the OEM parts safe.

regards, Paul

The scented candles must have been a US only option ....

You mentioned extended seat belt receivers ... did I miss some detail about the seat option for this build?

Hahaha,

Yes Paul, this is the ONE, and only time that U.S. specifications trump either JDM or Euro. The scented candles come standard. :) The seats will be replaced with Status carbon seats, thus the need for the extended seat belt receivers. It is funny, I have thrown some hints out there, but you are the only one who has caught one so far. Good eye!

Additional pictures of each item Chris posted as a bundle. I know every NSX owner loves when Santa bring presents.

Extended Seat Belt receivers
1396879265_zps199ef6b2.jpg

Full shifter update, not pictured is the en-route short shifter mechanism.
1396879244_zps2bac769e.jpg

I actually was relieved to see this. That OEM antenna is hideous.
1396879258_zpsfc41e201.jpg

Chris has been trying to propose to me and didn't know my ring size, so he sent a variety. Sorry Chris the Answer is NO!!!
1396879267_zps09ec5f67.jpg

Navi pod to monitor tire color, under the trunk coolant paint pressure and light bulb temperature.
1396879251_zps11c89911.jpg

=)

Chris has been trying to propose to me and didn't know my ring size, so he sent a variety. Sorry Chris the Answer is NO!!!
1396879267_zps09ec5f67.jpg

Time for the Jedi mind trick folks! :)

Final adjustments, blocking, and bracing are still going on, but she is beginning to look like a car again!

IMG_20140409_111323.jpg

IMG_20140409_111618.jpg

IMG_20140409_111517.jpg

The center of the rear bumper will definately be cut to make way for a custom diffuser.
IMG_20140409_111701.jpg

IMG_20140409_111222.jpg

Here is the fitment after Gil has relocated mounting points and adjusted the entire body 3+ times. As you can see, there is still a lot of work to be done with regards to gapping. The goal is to have this kit fit better or equal than/to factory fitment. If you think this is bad, you should've seen how it looked before Gil's fine tuning!
IMG_20140409_111435.jpg

Stay tuned...

The wheel choice will be very important in the overall look of the car. What are your plans Chris?

Thanks Jose,

You are absolutely correct. Sorry though, I am keeping wheel selection close-hold at this point. I do promise you though, if they work out, it will look pretty sick. I can tell you that I will be running 18.8.5 front and 19x11.5 rear. Will not say much more than that at the moment. :)

you HAVE to go wider in the front... If Dan (Danio) can pull off 10" on a stock fender then you can pull it off much easier. Plus you'll be able to find tires a lot easier... fit a 265 up front! Come on! :biggrin:

Last edited:
you HAVE to go wider in the front... If Dan (Danio) can pull off 10" on a stock fender then you can pull it off much easier. Plus you'll be able to find tires a lot easier... fit a 265 up front! Come on! :biggrin:

LOL,

He is pulling off a 10 inch rear, not a 10 inch front. I want the car to be drivable. In theory, I could probably run a 9 or 9.5 in the front. This would come at a cost though of six point u-turns. You also have to remember that the Madonna Kit is only 20mm wider, unlike the Sorcery Kit. Don't worry, it will come out alright.

Oh man... This build....

Shwinnnnng!!!!!

I'd go with a 18x8.5 to 18x9 and a 225/40-18 to a 245/40-19 -which there are limitless options.

These will pair up very well with a 285-315 rear tire balance wise and there are tons of tires in these sizes.

10" front
10.5" rear

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...L-(concave-x4)

Didn't realize the front fender was only 20mm wider. Go 9.5 then! Do you plan on tracking the car?

Sorry Jose, 18.8.5 to 9 is about all I am considering. The wider fronts really serve no purpose other than bragging rights for my intended use. As far as tracking the car, who knows....maybe if I can convince Billy to drive my car at VIR, or something along those lines, perhaps. :)

Oh man... This build....

Shwinnnnng!!!!!

Thanks Dave! Glad to see that you are feeling better.

I'd go with a 18x8.5 to 18x9 and a 225/40-18 to a 245/40-19 -which there are limitless options.

These will pair up very well with a 285-315 rear tire balance wise and there are tons of tires in these sizes.

Thanks Billy, this is more along the lines Gil and I were thinking for the car.

Are these bolt on or does it require a mounting plate to be welded on to the intake manifold? Thanks for the feedback! I'm not aware of Blox selling a straight bolt-on so it would be good to know if they did.
Quick update:

Just a little sneak peek of a part of phase 3. The billet throttle body is 72mm and the other is 76mm. Gil will be testing the throttle bodies for me to see how they will work for my forced induction plans. Stay tuned for more info on this phase! Thank you, Ken!!
View attachment 111484
View attachment 111486
View attachment 111488
View attachment 111493

Back