• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Are these bolt on or does it require a mounting plate to be welded on to the intake manifold? Thanks for the feedback! I'm not aware of Blox selling a straight bolt-on so it would be good to know if they did.

Not really sure to be honest. I know Gil is planning on playing with it to see how it works, but it would probably be better for him to answer that one. I've only seen pictures of all my parts! lol

Crazy how expensive this kit is and how shitty the fitment is. Excited for the finish result though.

True, not all kits have fitment issues; however, each and every Japanese Kit I have ever received has had fitment issues to varying degrees. The Madonna Kit is no exception. Gil has actually fitted, re-drilled mounting points, re-fit, and re-drilled numerous times to achieve the best result possible without having to do any cutting. Cutting should take place soon. Then gaps will be filled with an end result that is on pare, or better than factory fitment.

My apologies for not updating this thread sooner. Gil has been busy with the car and a couple of other things, while things have been a little crazy with me too. I've managed to do a little shopping in the mean time. I would like to say thank you to a few people...

Brandon with GT Theory for providing me with:

Status GT-X Seats in carbon
Takata Harnesses

During the course of this build, I decided to change up my original wheel selection from BC to something else. Brandon helped me through the entire process and even helped me sell my BC Wheels. He's a great guy and I would recommend that you check him out!

Louis (AdvansCPAP) for providing me with:

Coolant/Oil Catch Can (RF Yamamoto)
Oil Filler Cap (RF Yamamoto)
9 Piece Cooling Hose Kit (RF Yamamoto)
Oil Pan (RF Yamamoto)
Custom Steering Wheel from his thread here on Prime

Louis is a topnotch vendor. This is my second purchase with Louis and will certainly not be the last!

Cody with LoveFab for providing me with:

FI-Spec Headers

Cody has been outstanding to work with. He has been there to answer all my questions, provide advice, and has helped me with a few aspects of the car.

Bryan and Chris with SoS for providing me with:

SoS Speed Engineering Sliding Seat Mounts
AEM EMS
SoS Sport 350 Clutch & Flywheel Kit
SoS Breather Kit for Comptech Supercharger
RC Engineering 550cc Fuel Injectors
AEM Air Intake Temperature Sensor Kit
Gauge Art Display
SoS Sway Bars
SoS Sway Bar Links
Plug-and-play wire clip for injectors
Cedar Ridge CT Supercharger Locking Tensioner Adapter
AEM Universal Inline Wideband UEGO Controller
SoS UEGO Electrical Install Kit
Walbro 255 LPH high pressure fuel pump & nsx fitting kit
SoS Fuel Pump & Accessory Power Distribution Kit
Flywheel Bolts
NSX-R rear lower chassis reinforcement bar
NSX-R front upper chassis bar & bracket kit
SoS NSX-R chassis bar spacer kit
3 Bar Map Sensor & Harness Kit for EMS
SoS Non-Compliance Toe Links
SoS Non-Compliance Rear Beam Bushing Kit
Liquid to Air Intercooler Installation Kit
NGK Iridium IX - No 7 Spark Plugs

Chris and Bryan worked with me extensively and provided invaluable assistance in helping me decided on what I needed, or didn't need for my planned setup. Thanks guys!

Thomas at Downforce for providing me with:

NSX-R Hood Duct
NSX-R Wing w/LED
Rear Window Garnish

I have spoken with Thomas various times and he has always been helpful and provided me great service.

There is more, but I think this is enough for now.

Stay tuned...

I just can't get over how badly the kit fits, do they have chimpanzees making these parts for bananas? I am sure it will turn out okay but now I know why body shops scoff when aftermarket parts are mentioned. Good luck brave sir!

I just can't get over how badly the kit fits, do they have chimpanzees making these parts for bananas? I am sure it will turn out okay but now I know why body shops scoff when aftermarket parts are mentioned. Good luck brave sir!

Aamir,

Actually the passenger side after figuring out the Japanese instruction book to Engrish fit like a button. The kit requires you to put it on in a certain way. When I initially installed this I installed the front first, left the OEM hood untouched along with both doors (They will remain untouched until the dry carbon parts arrive). No matter which way I installed the kit (front to back, back to front or side to side) the end resulted with the drivers side to not line correctly. I moved to fitting it as close as possible before any cutting and adjusted by mounting holes. Now I am within reasonable working conditions and will start sectioning areas to provide an awesome fit. This is the first kit I have installed or seen that had Threaded nuts embedded for mounting points. The overall surface of the kit is actually better than a majority of FRP kits I have seen. Finish is consistent, I wished companies selling these high dollar kits would pay attention to gaps and edging properly instead of wizzing through it for a sale. TechArt for P cars and LOMA for Vettes have been superior in quality fit and finish for an easier bolt on panel with minimal to no work.

Last edited:
I saw Tech Art on a GT3 being tested at the 'Ring a few years back .... Even in pre-production the fit looked OEM

Gil, have sent you PM, hope you can help

Rgds, Paul

Chris, It's great to see your build coming together and your commitment to quality.
I bought my NSX as a project car with about the same mileage as yours. It's been an endless source of satisfaction as it has gone through its development and evolution.
I wish you could be with you car to experience the transformation in person.

Thanks for serving us in Afghanistan!

Steven Lee

RF Yamamoto Coolant and catch can combo.
1399556713_zps76bc1865.jpg

1399556676_zpse5cb4e3f.jpg

RF Yamamoto Upraded oil pan
1399556716_zps4bd50ef5.jpg

1399556704_zps5b48ded3.jpg

1399556711_zps5958783a.jpg

RF Yamamoto Oil cap
1399556680_zps41936b57.jpg

SAMCO Coolant Hoses for a little preventive maintenance.
1399556719_zpsb9c259f7.jpg

That oil pan has got me drooling uncontrollably right now. DAMN YOU!

:) I guess my standards have gone down hill since being in the desert.... I was tickled to death by the shiny new oil cap....soooooo purdy!!

Thanks Louis (Advans CPAP) for getting this stuff for me and so quickly!

- - - Updated - - -

Chris, It's great to see your build coming together and your commitment to quality.
I bought my NSX as a project car with about the same mileage as yours. It's been an endless source of satisfaction as it has gone through its development and evolution.
I wish you could be with you car to experience the transformation in person.

Thanks for serving us in Afghanistan!

Steven Lee

Thank you, Steven; coming from you and knowing how meticulous you are, I really appreciate that!! I cannot wait to see your system in action in my build. Thank you so much for speaking with me the other day and explaining your system. If I could only use one word to describe it, it would have to be "amazing!" I cannot wait to see it in action!!

For anyone that hasn't spoken with Steven about his iLift System, get on it!!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I had to read the parts list twice lol

:) That is only some of it!

Here is something that the Cody Monster (LoveFab) is working on for me!

IMG_20140508_183701_766.jpg

Thanks Cody!!

Last edited:
Not insanely loud. The resonators cut out the rasp on deceleration, and it screams like a F1 at 8k. It's more tame at lower RPM's than my previous setup of no cats and Pride V1.

I can't wait to hear it, but will admit that I was worried that it might be a little too loud. I live in Va, so we have emissions inspections; therefore, I will be running a cat. I'm sure that will quiet it down some. Thanks for the feedback dawk, that is extremely helpful for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite a nice collection of parts you have there sir.

Thanks to you, Louis! I appreciate everything you've done for me. I really cannot thank you enough.

How am I just seeing this thread? How?

You can thank me for that and my choice of poor thread title choice. It was originally "2005 LBBP Build." Lesson learned on my part!

What part of VA would love to see this in person when it's done.

Diddy,

I'm in the Northern Va area. We can work something out for sure, but I will not be stateside for quite a while and the car will not be delivered sometime after that (Maybe as last as April next year).

Diddy,

I'm in the Northern Va area. We can work something out for sure, but I will not be stateside for quite a while and the car will not be delivered sometime after that (Maybe as last as April next year).

Oh wow lol. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I actually found my nsx on prime when I was in Afghanistan. Bought it when I got back stateside. We got something in common.

Back