• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Oh wow lol. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I actually found my nsx on prime when I was in Afghanistan. Bought it when I got back stateside. We got something in common.

I bought mine in Afghanistan as well, small world.

That is too funny that all of us have been to Afghanistan. Add Gil to the crew. Thank you all for what you have done, even if no one else has....

Well,

I've decided to cease this project...for now anyway. Too much going on in my life right now, so I think I will put this on hold until I get home for good. I can honestly say this has been a serious pain in the ass and am not sad to see this part of my life go! lol

Gil has been great and managed to keep me sane through most of this, but for now at least, I have reached my mental limit and will enjoy not having to look at car parts for the next few months. Thank you to everyone who has been tracking my thread and appreciate all the kind words everyone has provided.

I will not be parting out this build, so please do not PM me asking for me to sell you any of these items. As I said, I am not giving up, just postponing the remainder of this build.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
This is like giving out a little crack to help with my fix, then saying "I'm shelving things for now thanks for coming by".

WHAT???? You think you're the only one engrossed in this project? You get back on it and you get back on it NOW!!! I didn't subscribe and check this thread daily to see no progress.

Last edited:
Wait... WHAT!

My suggestion... don't go crazy killing yourself. Do the normal Madonna Kit, nice name brand wheels etc and enjoy it. When you get too deep in a build to create something "insane" or way over the top, that's when the fun disappears!!

When you get too deep in a build to create something "insane" or way over the top, that's when the fun disappears!!

Right. Like with my brakes.

LMAO,

Thanks, Dave!! I appreciate the laugh and need it. Almost everything has been a pain in the ass with this thing as far as parts go. Brandon (GT Theory), Louis (AdvansCPAP), Cody (LoveFab), Bryan & Jeff (SoS), Mark (Dali), Steven & Daniel (I-Lift), Thomas (DownForce), and other Prime Members have been great and have helped me tremendously. Especially Gil, he's been there every step of the way. Things just keep going wrong and being in Afghanistan at the moment makes things much worse and harder. The money I have spent in just calling people alone would have bought some nice parts! lol

I think it will just be easier when I get home. It will give me a project. More importantly, the girlfriend will yell at me to get it done and use the parts I have ordered vice yelling at me for spending the money on parts! lol

This is like giving out a little crack to help with my fix, then saying "I'm shelving things for now thanks for coming by".

WHAT???? You think you're the only one engrossed in this project? You get back on it and you get back on it NOW!!! I didn't subscribe and check this thread daily to see no progress.

yup.

what the heck happened?

Wait... WHAT!

My suggestion... don't go crazy killing yourself. Do the normal Madonna Kit, nice name brand wheels etc and enjoy it. When you get too deep in a build to create something "insane" or way over the top, that's when the fun disappears!!

Thanks, Chris! It is much too late for that already. 98 percent of everything is already ordered, being produced, or already in route to Gil's place. I have about $60k into parts alone with about another $10k'ish to go. This does not include labor for Gil and other items yet to go (i.e. clear bra, anodizing, etc).

No is a good time to just relax a little and drive the car. I've driven it three times and less than 100 miles since I have owned it. Once all of this is done, I know for a fact I will not drive it.

I'll get back into it, just not now I think.

Wait... WHAT!

Wow $60k! That's some serious coin. Wish I had the balls to spend that much on upgrades. I'm trying to stay at $50k and that includes the price of the car.

Im betting you'll lean towards keeping her stock after you get back home and get to drive her more. She's perfect the way she came!

Wow $60k! That's some serious coin. Wish I had the balls to spend that much on upgrades. I'm trying to stay at $50k and that includes the price of the car.

Im betting you'll lean towards keeping her stock after you get back home and get to drive her more. She's perfect the way she came!

i highly doubt that.

Folks I know how you feel, In the end Chris will get back on that horse. For the time being I plan on completing the current task and re-install her blue bathing suit. Im just as in shock as anyone else getting notice of my pink slip lmao. Ive never been fired or laid off. Keep your head up Chris.. no mo pee pee grenades in Afghaniland...

LOL...pink slip! Your dance card is already full my man. As Gil said, I will get back into it as some point, but just not right now. I'll have tons of nice things to look at though! lol

Folks I know how you feel, In the end Chris will get back on that horse. For the time being I plan on completing the current task and re-install her blue bathing suit. Im just as in shock as anyone else getting notice of my pink slip lmao. Ive never been fired or laid off. Keep your head up Chris.. no mo pee pee grenades in Afghaniland...

Words from a wise man!

My car has been slammed for a good part of the early summer. I can't drive her like a hooligan this way and the fun has tapered off. Back to normal ride height soon for me.
Wait... WHAT!

Words from a wise man!

My car has been slammed for a good part of the early summer. I can't drive her like a hooligan this way and the fun has tapered off. Back to normal ride height soon for me.

Been through it all in the past 12 years of ownership! Sometimes less is more. My other NSX is actually arriving today... picked up some HRE 542's for it and may do 05 front end but plan to keep it (semi) factory if possible!!

Been through it all in the past 12 years of ownership! Sometimes less is more. My other NSX is actually arriving today... picked up some HRE 542's for it and may do 05 front end but plan to keep it (semi) factory if possible!!

^ famous last words.... ( ps. that will never happen )

Psyche ! ! ! The build is continuing. Not quite as planned, but it is most definitely going forward. I had originally planned to build the car in phases, but now I am just going all out. Gil has officially turned me into a parts whore...what can I say?

I thought about holding off, but Gil has helped me see otherwise. This of course in addition to Dave and Chris. The guilt trip these two have placed on me was just too great for my already weak will power to resist. haha On to the updated pics!

A HUGE and very appreciative thanks to Thomas at Downforce. He was able to produce some really great stuff for me very quickly!
20140520_122758.jpg
20140520_124340.jpg
20140520_124351.jpg
20140520_124401.jpg
20140520_124356.jpg
20140520_124330.jpg
20140520_125359.jpg
20140520_125409.jpg
20140520_125416.jpg
20140520_131431.jpg

On car photos...
20140521_163622.jpg
20140521_163609.jpg
20140521_163536.jpg
20140521_164143.jpg
20140521_164150.jpg
20140521_164203.jpg
20140521_164218.jpg
20140521_164225.jpg
20140521_164235.jpg
20140521_164252.jpg
20140521_164302.jpg
20140521_164307.jpg

Also, a big thanks to Louis for the NSX-R Pedal Set (the airbag is from my JDM Steering Wheel that is being redone)
20140521_165125.jpg

A few goodies came in from SoS as well. Thanks Bryan and Jeff!
20140520_130123.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! By the way it's "psyche" not sike. LOL

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where does that funky looking CF piece go? The one that looks like a big ass snorkel that belongs on a cruise ship. Lol.

FYI, you stole my kit!!! Cant wait to see this completed.

Haha, I would say it is ducting that sits behind the radiator and meets the opening on the hood (to vent the air out effectively with minimum turbulence) and it has been known to double as a snorkel on a ship at times.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Spoke with Thomas the other day about some parts and he said a big project had slowed things up ....

As it's this project I don't mind stepping aside ;0)

Gil, please don't forget the measurements, thanx in advance

Rgds Paul

Ps, the snorkel thingy is DF's version of hood vent

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where does that funky looking CF piece go? The one that looks like a big ass snorkel that belongs on a cruise ship. Lol.

FYI, you stole my kit!!! Cant wait to see this completed.

LMAO!, I told Gil the same exact thing when he sent me the pics, though yours is far more socially acceptable than what I said! I am still trying to figure out how to make the DF NSX-R version work so I can trade this one out. If I can't, I think I am going to go Procar. The part was designed to be utilized with the factory fan, but I will be changing out the radiator and fans anyway, so I do not thing this will work in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoke with Thomas the other day about some parts and he said a big project had slowed things up ....

As it's this project I don't mind stepping aside ;0)

Gil, please don't forget the measurements, thanx in advance

Rgds Paul

Ps, the snorkel thingy is DF's version of hood vent

Sorry Paul,

I know I have stolen a few things from you already (i.e. Gil and now Downforce)! Gil is actually enjoying a much needed vacation and should be back in about a week or so. He said that I was driving him to drinking!

Thank you for the kind words and your continued patience with me!

Last edited:
A small update for all,

1. Gil is back! He's well rested from his "alternative life style" cruise on the Love Boat. Since he didn't accept the rings I bought for him...he found another use for them...(what a hooker!) :)

20140602_181019.jpg
20140602_190253.jpg
20140602_185856.jpg
20140602_191914.jpg

2. Received my RFY Pulley Kit from Louis (AdvansCPAP). Thanks Louis! Louis is also ordering me a few more RFY goodies, which I think will finish the car up.
20140602_154926.jpg

3. For those thinking of the WP Pro BBK. The kit is so amazing, incredible, and provides so much stopping power....that it actually stopped the FedEx Truck delivering them...all while in the box!! Can your Stoptechs, or Brembos do that??? Me thinks not! lol Brandon is chasing them down and should be arriving sometime soon to Gil's place. Cannot wait to see them. I opted for the 360mm kit, which is playing hell with wheel selection, but that is all worked out now. The wheels will not disappoint...

4. Titanium Lug Nuts and Takata Harnesses are on the way as well. I opted for Takata as the Status Harnesses were sold out. Gil will work his magic on them. The seats are in production (hopefully) and should be ready in the next month or so.
20140604_164322.jpg

This is when you know you are really having fun; so you all know that I had issues with my GT One dry carbon hood and trunk. I figured that was a lost cause, ordered DownForce items, and had placed a dispute on my credit card and thought that the matter was done. Well, today I get a tracking number for the hood and the trunk. While the first words out of my mouth were utter profanity, though it would seem this would be a good opportunity to test these items out for fitment. Once they arrive, Gil will test fit them and we will have to decide which set to keep, and which set to sell. Stay tuned as they should be here within the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Back