• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Sorry folks been up to neck with various things going on but secret sauce updates to arrive soon with additional pictures.

I am currently preparing for the final body modifications once above mentioned arrives. Pictured is a portion of materials being used along with a special weave carbon specifically suggested by my personal supplier (looks like any 2x2 but it's what is added that sets it apart). Portions of this build will utilize twill 3k tow, twill 12k tow twill from 8oz weight to 19oz weight for parts being created. A blend of titanium ingredients once the process begins. I have also moved on to a beta testing of resins that I've acquired to provide this build with top of the line materials.
1414306863_zpsd085eefa.jpg

Two weeks ago I have been also talking with 3M's testing facility with new products that will be released. I was sent a gallon of there secret sauce compound that provides flawless depth finishes with ease without having to do multiple steps I have done in the past (no marring, Swirls, spider webs etc.) I went ahead and spent an hour around 2 a.m after clay bar and pre-prep of paint. Reducing my time of the dreaded cutting and buffing process. Once the Madonna project hits cut and buff stage I am anxious to see the results. I have tried just about every compound, swirl remover of every brand out there and nothing compares to what I just achieved.
1414306640_zpsc4ac789f.jpg

More to announce once components needed arrive.

Wow Gil. That looks fantastic. Please let me know when the secret stuff hits
the market as i would love to see how it would make my sebring shine.

still (+forever) BEAUTFUL.

amazing work + ride gil!

Sorry folks been up to neck with various things going on but secret sauce updates to arrive soon with additional pictures.

I am currently preparing for the final body modifications once above mentioned arrives. Pictured is a portion of materials being used along with a special weave carbon specifically suggested by my personal supplier (looks like any 2x2 but it's what is added that sets it apart). Portions of this build will utilize twill 3k tow, twill 12k tow twill from 8oz weight to 19oz weight for parts being created. A blend of titanium ingredients once the process begins. I have also moved on to a beta testing of resins that I've acquired to provide this build with top of the line materials.
1414306863_zpsd085eefa.jpg

Two weeks ago I have been also talking with 3M's testing facility with new products that will be released. I was sent a gallon of there secret sauce compound that provides flawless depth finishes with ease without having to do multiple steps I have done in the past (no marring, Swirls, spider webs etc.) I went ahead and spent an hour around 2 a.m after clay bar and pre-prep of paint. Reducing my time of the dreaded cutting and buffing process. Once the Madonna project hits cut and buff stage I am anxious to see the results. I have tried just about every compound, swirl remover of every brand out there and nothing compares to what I just achieved.
1414306640_zpsc4ac789f.jpg

More to announce once components needed arrive.

Gil - Don't you have a Day Job!!! :wink:

Also - When are you fixing up my NSX?

Well,

It has been a long while since this thread has been updated. One of the key components (wheels) that has slowed everything down is on its way to Gil's place. The I-Lift is also on the way. SEMA slowed everything up a bit, but the wait will certainly be worth it. Gil has been busy as always working his magic! Here is a little teaser...

20141119_205418_LLS.jpg

20141119_210152_LLS.jpg

20141119_211406.jpg

There has been a little confusion on the wheels that is still being worked out, but they look absolutely amazing thus far! Can anyone guess the color???????

imagejpeg_0.jpg

DSC_9741.jpg

Once the wheels arrive, Gil will be able to figure out proper tire size. The body will be finished and the car should be just about done! The amount of work that Gil has put into this has been nothing short of amazing and I really cannot thank him enough for taking this on for me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and stay tuned...

Well,It has been a long while since this thread has been updated. One of the key components (wheels) that has slowed everything down is on its way to Gil's place. The I-Lift is also on the way. SEMA slowed everything up a bit, but the wait will certainly be worth it. Gil has been busy as always working his magic! Here is a little teaser...View attachment 118774View attachment 118775View attachment 118776There has been a little confusion on the wheels that is still being worked out, but they look absolutely amazing thus far! Can anyone guess the color???????View attachment 118777View attachment 118778Once the wheels arrive, Gil will be able to figure out proper tire size. The body will be finished and the car should be just about done! The amount of work that Gil has put into this has been nothing short of amazing and I really cannot thank him enough for taking this on for me. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and stay tuned...
Good choice in wheels. I considered those at 1point. I'm enjoying your build.

There has been a little confusion on the wheels that is still being worked out, but they look absolutely amazing thus far! Can anyone guess the color???????

View attachment 118777

View attachment 118778

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and stay tuned...

Bagsy first guess on the color ... you two really have planned this to finite detail ... two OEM Pearls so close together in one special NSX ... simply stunning!

My guess in Magnum Grey Pearl

Regards, Paul

Bagsy first guess on the color ... you two really have planned this to finite detail ... two OEM Pearls so close together in one special NSX ... simply stunning!

My guess in Magnum Grey Pearl

Regards, Paul

Thank you, Paul!,

As always, you are too kind. You are correct, Magnum Grey Pearl. Wait till you see what else is in store. You are going to have to visit us from across the pond.

The wheel faces are actually the wrong ones, though these were my second choice. Gil is working his usual magic and handling everything for me. Couldn't ask for a better friend and builder.

Here are some more pics that actually expose the color a little better.

20141126_150355.jpg

IMG_20141126_064347.jpg

IMG_20141126_064139.jpg

To put things into perspective a little, the last picture with the caliper and rotor in it is a 19" wheel, so yes, the brakes are that big. ISS Forged has been great and really taken care of me. My thanks to Brent and Gil for setting this up!

- - - Updated - - -

very nice, whats the specs on the wheels?

Thanks Diddy,

Not sure what the specs are. You will have to ask Gil on that one. They are an 18/19 set up. I want to say 8.5/9 front and 11.5/12 in the rear.

I wish my internet access via NIPR out here didn't block more than half the pictures on this thread. But I get it, they probably are all pics of this NSX that are NSFW even though technically not :p

Last edited:
I wish my internet access via NIPR out here didn't block more than half the pictures on this thread. But I get it, they probably are all pics of this NSX that are NSFW even though technically not :p

LOL,

I know exactly what you mean. Send me a PM with your NIPR and I will shoot you some pics if you want them.

Big thanks to RSO 34 for letting me reopen this thread. I had seriously debated whether or not to continue this build. This was due to the cost associated with the build and the fact that I had found a red R8 V10 that I was seriously thinking about. Upon realizing just how much money I would lose in the process, I decided to keep it going.

I know you guys don't care what I say at this point...so on to the progress! :)

We finally made a decision on tires. This has been a very complicated process due to many of the choices that were previously available, now being discontinued. Ultimately we decided to go with Falken 452's in 225/35/18 for the front and 315/25/18 for the rear. Fingers are crossed that the TCS Light will not come on. The 315 is a wide tire!

20150211_152946.jpg

The wheels and brakes have been mounted. A huge thanks to our own Brandon with GT Theory for the brakes. Also to Gil and Brent with ISS Forged for figuring all of this out. The 360mm kit was difficult to work around, but Gil's measurements and Brent's Engineers nailed it.

1506725_10203541642404019_6721718885009005426_n.jpg

10965390_10203544438393917_1263979056_n.jpg

IMG_20150212_071741.jpg

IMG_20150213_211400.jpg

IMG_20150213_211239.jpg

IMG_20150213_211847.jpg

There have been multiple seat configurations for this car. I purchased Status GT-X seats; however, Gil has advised that they will not be too comfortable for me due to my size. I am a size 38in waist, and although pudgy, I am certainly not fat (yes, I know I need to get my fat ass on a diet! lol). These seats would be better suited for someone who is a 36in or smaller. Those considering these seat, please be advised and take note. The next option was Sparco Evo III's; however, those were too large to fit within the vehicle. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

After doing some research, I came across a special company who was willing to work with me. This company sent me two different types of seats to try out.

20150213_205645.jpg

20150213_205701.jpg

20150213_205716.jpg

20150213_205726.jpg

Before someone asks, yes, the seats are Dry Carbon and weigh about 6lb each. I will reveal the companies information shortly. The car will now feature a dry carbon hood, trunk, and seats! I'm very excited to say the least.

Gil has been taking a break from the body work at my request. Most of his time now is working on the mechanical items. The clutch has been installed along with an ATI Super Damper.

Stay tuned for more updates....

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet! This thread is back!

Thank you kprsx,

It's good to have it back. Although I fell in love with that R8, I think I would've regretted getting rid of the X. I appreciate the kind words!

I too hope you see this project through to completion. Best of luck!

Thank you Chris! I'm committed and will see it through to the end. With Gil working it the way he is, I'm sure it will turn out amazing.

Yes my build is on a three year plan and I have no where as many things I want to do! Lol keep on chugging! One step at a time. Before you know it, it will be complete :)

Thanks Guys,

In retrospect, I think I took on too much at one time. Lesson learned, but still consider myself lucky to have had Gil involved. He's stuck through it all and has always given me good advice on how to best proceed.

Technocraft.... bad history with Tillett.

What's wrong with Status Seats? They appear to be quite nice and the workmanship, excellent. What do you have in mind exactly? If you are thinking NSX-R Seats, I already had the opportunity from Japan and passed as the kevlar will not go well with my current interior plans.

So I see that you are selling the Status seats! I take it that you considered my suggestion...;)

Back