• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Hello Everyone,

I've been debating whether or not to post this yet, but figured "hey, why not". I purchased my car "sight-unseen" in July of 2013 with right at 21k on the odometer. The car was delivered in late July.

image 1.jpg
image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg

I arrived home in the second week of August to look at the car for the first time. I had never seen LBBP in person before, the blue was almost electric and fit the car really well. When I purchased the car, it was described as flawless; however, when I got home I found several deep scratches...more on that later. Took the car to the local Acura Dealer and had the Timing Belt, Water Pump, Tensioner, and a few other things taken care of. The car came with the SOS Audiophile Stage 2 Sound System, KW version 3s, and Volk GT-Vs (18/19) setup.

As this was my second NSX (first was a 2004 Rio Yellow w/black interior that I purchased from Mike a.k.a. The Kid...Thanks Mike!), I had decided already that I would modify this one as I left my previous car stock. Determined to go further with this NSX, this build begins...

The car will be built in three stages:

1: Entire Exterior
2. Performance/Engine
3. Interior

Stage 1 is already in process; I ordered a Route-KS Madonna Kit. My importer should have the kit within the next week, then shipped CONUS. I've also ordered a set of Gruppe M NSX Aero Mirrors from Mark @ Dali. Those should be shipped from Japan on Monday going CONUS (Thanks Mark!).

The following parts will be ordered shortly:

1. Downforce NSX-R Hood (Carbon)
2. Downforce NSX-R Hood Duct
3. Downforce NSX-R Spoiler (Carbon)
4. Downforce Rear Window Garnish (Carbon)
5. StopTech 4 Wheel BBK
6. Rims and Tires (Still trying to decide between the Work Meister S1s or the BC HB05)

Other components of this stage include:
1. LED Tail Lights
2. Trunk Lid (Carbon)
3. Trunk Lip (Carbon)
4. Custom Rear Diffusor (Carbon)
5. Custom Front Diffuser/Under tray (Carbon)
6. Suspension Lift System (Because my drive way sucks!)

The most exciting part besides building the car, is that I found someone I can trust, know will do it right, and who is turning out to be quite a good friend. This is especially important for me as I am presently in Afghanistan and will not be home again until August some time. This build will include a few surprises along the way to keep things interesting. :)

Stay tuned....

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this build. Post up more pics. My favorite color by far.

i remember this beautiful car for sale, congrats! ... but you're concerned re resale at all with such a low milage rare beauty and then repainting the car/panels??

Before you fully commit to the DF hood, I remember someone having a 02+ Procar hood for sale awhile back. I can't remember who though for the life of me. Maybe someone can chime in. Too many DF fitment issues in the past. If money allows, go with Procar.

i remember this beautiful car for sale, congrats! ... but you're concerned re resale at all with such a low milage rare beauty and then repainting the car/panels??

Thanks MYW,

I've thought about that, but to be honest, there are two deep scratches (one on the drivers quarter and one on the trunk lid) that are really deep and will require paint work to repair. It pisses me off to no end how the car was described vice how it was received, but it is what it is I guess. The good news is that virtually ever panel on the outside of the car will be replaced with the exception of the doors (though I am contemplating this for that very reason) and roof.

Resale I am not too worried about. I sold my first NSX and felt sick when I handed the keys over, so I do not see myself going through that again. If the right offer came along one day though, I would consider it. This build will be done right using new factory parts where needed or replacing with upgraded parts. All factory items will be kept and will come with the car should that "right offer" ever come along.

Before you fully commit to the DF hood, I remember someone having a 02+ Procar hood for sale awhile back. I can't remember who though for the life of me. Maybe someone can chime in. Too many DF fitment issues in the past. If money allows, go with Procar.

Thanks!,

I forgot about that hood actually. I found the add and the hood is in Cali. The seller stated in his add that it was local pickup only, but I shot him a PM. We'll see what happens. $5k for a Procar hood is a little much for me. Another option is GTone, but their hood is $3,500, but dry carbon. They have a trunk lid too though.

that pisses me off reading that!!! i look forward to your build.

Thanks MYW,
I've thought about that, but to be honest, there are two deep scratches (one on the drivers quarter and one on the trunk lid) that are really deep and will require paint work to repair. It pisses me off to no end how the car was described vice how it was received, but it is what it is I guess. The good news is that virtually ever panel on the outside of the car will be replaced with the exception of the doors (though I am contemplating this for that very reason) and roof.

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I last updated this thread, but great progress has been made thus far.

My GruppeM Aero Mirrors have arrived. Big thanks to Mark @ Dali Racing!

20140121_222954.jpg
20140121_223017.jpg
20140121_223211.jpg
20140121_223253.jpg
20140121_223349.jpg

Paint and materials have arrived as well. Seeing LBBP in the can made me appreciate the color even more. Sounds weird I know!

IMG_20140120_010117.jpg
IMG_20140120_010244.jpg

The Madonna Kit arrived at the exporters about a week ago. I asked if he could take some pictures of the kit, so here they are. The kit has been shipped and should arrive sometime soon (still waiting for shipping info :().

055270831.jpg
055270832.jpg
055270833.jpg
055270834.jpg
055270835.jpg
055270836.jpg
055270837.jpg
055270838.jpg
055270839.jpg

The car is being readied for shipment to Gil's place and should be there by the middle of February or sooner.

I would also like to thank Steve (Sduff) for all your help and advice thus far.

The biggest thanks goes to Gil (Synergy004). Not only is is building the car, but created some additional parts for me! Check them out :)

IMG_20140123_102412.jpg

I am very grateful that Gil has agreed to help me. Watching the progress on his own build and the work he did was nothing short of amazing.

Well, that is all for now....

BTW, sorry for the extra attachments. Afghan internet is not exactly high speed and I am not going to try and upload all these photos again.

Attachments

• 055270834.jpg
    055270834.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 6,188
Last edited:
what head unit is that? and how did they get that acura emblem on it. i like that.

The one pictured is the old head unit. It is a Pioneer and I changed it when I got home with the newest version. Not sure how the Acura Logo was loaded. I really haven't had time to play with it to see how it all works. It does have an SD Card reader if I remember correctly, maybe it was done that way?

Just a quick update...

The Madonna Kit has shipped from Japan as of today. Took a little while, but is finally on its way! Still waiting on transportation for the car to Gil's place. That should take place next week I am hoping.

As for parts, I am in the process of ordering the following:

1. GT-One Dry Carbon Hood
100.jpg
102.jpg

2. GT-One Dry Carbon Trunk
105.jpg
104.jpg

3. Downforce Carbon Fiber Hood Duct
4. Downforce NSX-R Spoiler with LED
5. Downforce Carbon Rear Window Garnish

Gil has been great and has put up with my craziness very well thus far. He's really made this whole process so much easier than I was expecting. Thanks Gil for all your help, I really appreciate it!

More to follow shortly...

I think I might have started this thread a little too early :)

***Update***

I will be going with the GT-One Dry Carbon Hood and Trunk instead. I would like to give a special thanks to Mr. Tamura san for all his help. Thank you Mr. Tamura san!

Last edited:
Great choice in parts, can't wait to see this car come together! Let us know how the Route KS OE type parts fit. I've been tempted to order stuff, but have seen mixed reviews.

Going to be a great build .... you have picked some awesome parts and
have certainly picked the right person / Gil to assemble and complete it.
Looking forward to the updates / developments!

Great choice in parts, can't wait to see this car come together! Let us know how the Route KS OE type parts fit. I've been tempted to order stuff, but have seen mixed reviews.

Will do sir! Order has been placed, waiting on them to be delivered to my exporter.

Going to be a great build .... you have picked some awesome parts and
have certainly picked the right person / Gil to assemble and complete it.
Looking forward to the updates / developments!

Thank you Terry,

I really appreciate your words. Between you, Synth19, Chris (nsxot1c), Jeff's, and a few others; I have drooled over your cars for the longest time. I'm really honored that you all are posting here.

As far as Gil goes, his car has probably got to be my absolute favorite. I'm extremely happy that he has agreed to do this for me. He's a great guy and has helped me a lot! I'm starting to sound like a Gil fan boy, but I cannot express enough how appreciative I am..especially in my situation.

Welcome to Texas MR. LBBP
1392789245_zps4a66f341.jpg

1392789239_zpsccdc2da8.jpg

1392962109_zps36998f7f.jpg

1392962092_zpsc0826e39.jpg

Arrived in one piece a few days early which is a fantastic surprise. The driver was very friendly and handled the NSX with care, he also took time to show me the other assets in his trailer IE: 458 F Car, 2014 911 TT, GT3RS, 2014 Stingray, Some old Cadillac Limo and a New Maserati Gran Turismo Carbon Packaged in red (I want one).

Stay tuned as components are en-route. I'll start with the normal picture trail as the cars full paint restoration. Some may ask why full paint correction, I usually do this to cars I work on, helps quite a bit, I'd like to get the wide body to match perfectly to the existing paint that has been refreshed then onto disassembly for the Madonna kit mock up prior to the correction of panel gapping and surface prep.

Stay tuned!!!

Back