• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Toyota FT-1 Concept

toyota took the best features from most of the popular exotics and sports cars,,combined them flawlessly in to one car!! I applaud this car,,will consider buying this although i vowed never to buy a front engine sports car after driving our nsx,,,,bravo toyota,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Does anyone make the solid headlight strips for the nsx yet? They look amazing on the Toyota.

I wanted to like this car, but in person it comes off as one hot mess.

Brian
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/64953781@N05/11996288486/player/41426b919a" height="480" width="640" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

I love hot mess in general. Perhaps the production model will be less of a mess but still hot. If Calty can get this far, I am sure it will still be hot.

the way the door opens is very clever to clear the curb....now I know what NSX-Panda is talking about.

Last edited:
I guess I'm alone in thinking it looks like a life size Hot Wheels concept car. WAY over styled and kid racer like. Who needs SEMA to butcher a car when it can be done for you at the factory. Personally, I think the new NSX looks like a tailored suit while this looks like Ed Hardy.

the new NSX frt beak looks like the rest of the Acura line with little curves. 2 turbos and a V6 in an alum tub is nothing to brag about. Old tech. DI is nice like everyone else same as the hybrid sys. It just does not stir much emotion unlike the FT-1.
I hope Ted has a live rabbit in his hat.
28:3

It looks like Toyota hired the assclown who designed the BMW Z4, gave him 5 hits of acid and locked him in a small room with nothing but a computer running Photoshop and Miley Cyrus music blaring for 48 hours. And voila! A new Ugmobile from the land of the rising sun.

Thank you, this is exactly how I feel. I just don't understand how so many people think this is amazing. It looks horrible.

The car looked kind of strange in pics/videos, but it was stunning in person. It does seem to take design cues from other cars, but I imagine it is getting harder and harder to create something completely original because of federal restrictions.

Here is my review of the car, showing and describing the design features.

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sDk6vMtyK78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess I'm alone in thinking it looks like a life size Hot Wheels concept car. WAY over styled and kid racer like. Who needs SEMA to butcher a car when it can be done for you at the factory. Personally, I think the new NSX looks like a tailored suit while this looks like Ed Hardy.
I agree with you 100% (sorry Chris- nice video as always though ;-)

Brian

1147060_10202427979836342_486814455_o.jpg

Soften the nose just a little bit; otherwise leave it alone.

the irony is that properly shaping a series of car panels to have a sexy product shouldn't cost more than the other (within reason of course).

Japanese just don't have that design culture and they should (like what Kia did on the Optima and other models) is to hire some European car designed (Kia hired an Audi car designer).

Is it just me or does this car look and always has looked like a Hyundai tiburon/ Brz love child?

Very disappointed that it doesn't look much like the concept:mad: Was looking forward to buying one in the near future to use as my daily but not now.

I see TVR, viper,brz/fto,old supra....blahhhh

Is it just me or does this car look and always has looked like a Hyundai tiburon/ Brz love child?

Took the words out of my mouth. Certainly doesn't look like a high priced sports car competitor, and doesn't look good no matter what it looks similar to.

Back