• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Toyota FT-1 Concept

New spy shots

supraft1side-jpg.1031

supraft1rearside-jpg.1028

supraft1rear-jpg.1029

Looking forward to the end result. I am holding back on judgement at this point. Time will tell... I really want a new 90's iconic Japanese car but I refuse to pay 200k+ for it. I had high hopes for this car. I hope Toyota delivers.

It could be very cool. Or it could not. We shall see....

The car carries Toyota brand, but is made by BMW or some independent automaker in far east of Europe. How reliable would it be? However, it appears to be resemble the Halo car.

Please keep posting any update. What year did they say the car will hit the market...2018?

Last edited:
^Yes sir, will post any news that I run across. Rumor mill is saying sometime in 2018.

New renderings

r76V9Vc.jpg

3BdbVCb.jpg

Last edited:
I think the a pillar should be body colored. The black just confuses the eye in my opinion. But it actually looks better without the non functional side scoop.

^I kinda have to agreed with you. It does look a little cleaner.
I actually like the new rendering. I think auto makers go crazy in design sometimes with scoops and vents. If it is not directly functional than why bother at all? It's like those riced out civics with faux hood and side scoops. This blue car looks way better than the actual concept to me. One thing I absolutely love about the concept though is the active rear spoiler.

the blue one looks like the Toyota dildo.........:eek:.................or dirudo:wink:

Last edited:
attachment.php
Makes me sleepy. The blue dirudo is a lil more exciting that [MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION] quoted. Where do these pics come from if I may ask? Photoshop? Facebook? Not being mean here, just interested in what the actual product may look like....

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 39
What's up with the boomerangs in the fenders?

Photoshop from various forums, news sites, and etc.
Got it. Thanks. There is some I like and some I do not. I have always loved the 2jz gte Supra and I hope they make another good one. Already subscribed.:wink:

Sometimes, I think with all these new car manufacturers making all these scoops and vents on cars, just kind of reminds me of this old VW commercial. You really do not need cars that throw a middle aged person who can actually offord it back into their high school days. Enjoy... Always got a laugh from this commercial.
https://youtu.be/es8K6iNQi6s

Are they going to keep that pointed front nose? I am hoping for a clean lined Supra. Nsx 2.0 won't be in my playbook for at least 5 years.

Well either way, don't mind my comical posts sometimes. I would like to see this car resurface and I appreciate your contribution to allowing me to see what may come. I certainly hope they do not keep those 15 inch wheels though! :biggrin:
But if BMW was in callabo with it's development, I would most certainly say that the cars stance and wheels will be near perfect. That is one thing BMW is known for!

Back