• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Toyota FT-1 Concept

Well either way, don't mind my comical posts sometimes. I would like to see this car resurface and I appreciate your contribution to allowing me to see what may come. I certainly hope they do not keep those 15 inch wheels though! :biggrin:
But if BMW was in callabo with it's development, I would most certainly say that the cars stance and wheels will be near perfect. That is one thing BMW is known for!

Anytime :)

lol, I thought you were asking a real question :p

Agreed, those crappy wheels have got to go.

New renders courtesy of Michael Papas.

WcTjvAX.png

GQG74dk.png

This engine is for new LS 500 2018.

I doubt it. From the beginning, they have said that Supra will collaborate with BMW, am i correct? If they use this engine, there will no part of BMW involvement.

Yes, but they have shoved the same motor into other different models before. (2UR-GSE: IS-F. RC-F, GS-F and LC500.)

Correct jointly project with BMW. Yes it could use a BMW straight six. But Toyota still could use a in house drivetrain. The new Mazda Miata and Fiat 124 Spider share the same chassis, but use different drivetrains.

Last edited:
I can almost guarantee that there are faux panels all over the car to disguise the real design.

More testing videos

Last edited:
who would have thought years ago that toyota and bmw would become lovers...:confused:

Back to the future: Toyota supra & bmw z

E6CfayP.png

Eo9IjeH.png

That Toyota and BMW work together on a sporty duo is already known. The cars, which may be called Supra and Z5, are likely to look like this!

BMW and Toyota are currently working together in hybrid technology and diesel engines. That's smart because, while the Japanese are busy with partially electrified driving lines and in the field to be the world's top, BMW's diesel engine is getting more and more fine. Also, when it comes to fuel cell technology, the two companies are looking for each other, but the collapse of cooperation is the duo that can be seen on these pages prematurely.

The name "Supra" says it already: this Toyota is a serious sportieveling. With its rear-wheel drive, long nose, short butt and specially-shaped roof, there's a car in the Toyota showrooms that has to revive the times of earlier Supra's, MR2's and Celics.

Lascivious
The appearance of the car is inspired by that of the FT-1, a concept car that was presented on Detroit's auto show in 2014. The specially shaped nose and double bubble on the roof return to the production model. With his luscious lineup, the Supra is a real imagomaker for the Japanese. Despite the GT86, the brand with many car enthusiasts still has a somewhat dusty, sensible image. That's the reverse side of the basically amazingly functioning hybrid technology, which gets into hands in each other's hands. With the Supra, Toyota shows that the theme "driving pleasure" has not been forgotten.

Although a hybrid variant is unthinkable, four and six-cylinder petrol engines seem to be a more logical step for the two-seater. If Toyota wants to honor the name 'Supra', it can not be beneath a (double) blown V6. V, indeed, because the Toyota and BMW use their own power sources in the Supra. In the walkways, powers of 192 and 340 horsepower surround, which would at least be heard by the call for appealing performance.

Six-in-line
The fact that engines are not shared is also good news for BMW enthusiasts. They can now enjoy the so-typical six-in-line sound exclusively. In the Z4 sequel, this is especially good, because the new model will be a roadster. Both the Z3 and the first Z4 have coupé versions, but they have always been a lot more rare than their open brother. The current Z4 lacks such a dense variant, because this version is considered unnecessary due to the hard hit roof of this roadster. The Z returns the traditional fabrics.

V shape
Outstanding matches with his Toyota brother are hardly any, only the windshield and exterior mirrors match. The Japanese and Germans also assemble their own dashboard and furniture. The basic shape of both cars, of course, has the necessary similarities: BMW's next Z model also gets the traditional sports car silhouette with a long nose and a short ass. Striking style features of the Z5 are the headlamps, which are in a strong V-shape relative to each other and are positioned very high in the front. Behind that striking front are, of course, not only six-in-line engines, but also the four-cylinder we know of other BMW models. Expect, like we are used to BMW, a whole range of engines, ranging from power 200 to 300 hp. Whether there is an M version in the container is not clear yet. The 'regular' versions, like the Toyota Supra, are likely to be in the showrooms of both brands in 2018. Before that time, however, there will be more and more information about this lovely sporting pair.

http://www.autoweek.nl/nieuws/toyota-supra-en-bmw-z5/

Last edited:
I just threw up a little bit. Why does it look so porky?

Plus the enormous door handles that look larger than the handles on my mdx. Ick. The curve that goes from hood to fender is very rx8 like.

I am not saying that it's a bad thing but to me it looks a little small for a supra, if I didn't know that the FT-1 is in the works I would probably predict that this could be a next generation GT86/BRZ.

Either way, I like it.

It’s Official: New Toyota Supra Coming To Geneva Motor Show

After years of waiting and countless reports, the new Supra will debut at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show, as confirmed by Toyota.

The Japanese carmaker even dropped a teaser image which shows a detail from the curvy bodywork of the car, along with part of a giant fixed rear wing.

That last bit also means that Geneva’s show car will most likely not be the final production model but rather a thinly disguised “design study”, with Toyota following the same strategy with BMW and its Z4 Concept.

Unless you were living under a rock the past few years, you should know that Toyota has teamed up with BMW for the development of the new Supra and Z4 models, with the two cars sharing the same underpinnings.

Other reports talk about the new Supra being offered under the Gazoo Racing banner and not with Toyota badges in a bid to establish their new performance sub-brand. Toyota plans to offer a range of Supra models, with one version to be powered by a BMW-sourced six-cylinder unit with around 335hp.

The new Toyota Supra will allegedly be offered in as many as four different versions, so it’ll be interesting to see which one will sit on the top of the range. Let’s hope that most, if not all of our questions will be answered when Toyota pulls the wraps off the new Supra on March 6.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/02/official-new-toyota-supra-coming-geneva-motor-show/

Toyota-Legend-Teaser-01.jpg

Back