• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Toyota FT-1 Concept

As a big fan and owner of a MKIV Supra, I gotta say I really like it! Especially its fine backside and speed activated spoiler.

Sweet looking concept.

I see bits and pieces of Formula 1 influences here and there on the exterior. And bits and pieces of LFA derived influences in the interior.

In the video they even had a concept sketch with one that looked track oriented as well.

Hope some form of the car makes it into production at a competitive price point.

Wow, that's a bold design. Definitely has some FR-S influence especially from the rear side profile. Not a big fan of the individualized LED headlights but that aero spoiler is spot on.

I've seen a lot of people giving it flack today over the internet and I can't understand why. I am really peculiar about what it takes for me to like a vehicle and this one really has me excited. I want to see some numbers! I think it looks awesome and although a departure from much of the norm, I think it has the righ styling cues from many cars I do think are aesthetically pleasing. That spoiler is epic. I hope this makes production in a similar fashion as shown here!

http://youtu.be/TNoJWW8jTOs

^Another great 2:40 video

I see some resemblance to the Veilside widebody for the RX-7 and the LFA in the rear. Looks fantastic!!

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-01_001.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-02_001.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-03_001.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-04_001.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-05_001.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-06_001.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-07_001.jpg

toyota-ft-1-concept-2014-detroit-auto-show_100452470_l.jpg

1_11.jpg

1_10.jpg

Gallery http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2014-ft-1_concept/

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...#axzz2qHqtFDkE

14 minute video about it ^

Available in GT6 tomorrow as a download.

- - - Updated - - -

Selects_76.jpg

1_24.jpg

It's what the offspring between an LFA and an Enzo Ferrari would look like (maybe even a touch of Viper and Veyron....pending DNA tests). I like it.

Last edited:
Looks amazing. I wonder how close they can get the production model to that concept.

Nice. I applaud their effort. The door mirrors bug me though. I wish they could put them in the rear vents of the front fenders, and leave the doors clean.

It looks like Toyota hired the assclown who designed the BMW Z4, gave him 5 hits of acid and locked him in a small room with nothing but a computer running Photoshop and Miley Cyrus music blaring for 48 hours. And voila! A new Ugmobile from the land of the rising sun.

Looks like a melted GTR from the side. It's very jarring at first, but definitely unique. I'd still rather see a modern MR2 revived. Just happy Toyota an Honda are entering the sports car game again.

Hate to say it, but I like it. The general shape and size is spot on. The conceptual details are a little far fetched but those'll be toned down in whatever production version. And I wouldn't doubt if those mirrors are aero functional.

Another Golden Era of Japanese sports cars?

Interesting collection of design cues in this car.......I'll see if / how they work together on Thursday at the NAIAS.

Brian

I also hate to say it, but it does look really good. Maybe Toyota and Honda see how much the gtr is selling and want some of that market share back. Hopefully at some point we will have some really good options from Japan.

When the NSX and Toyota comes out the GTR, C7, SRT will look soooo yesterday.....

do I have to fix everything for you Batman:biggrin:? a high rev. flatcrank V8(ie.HSV) will make even more statement don't you think?

I can see you in this in BLACK! Just Do It.

Hugh, this is from the Calty folks at $$Newport Beach$$....just bunch of Kalifornia surfers who gets it....lets hope they have the balls to pull it off.

Now, I am curious to see what Nissan Design Center in La Jolla has to counter.

- - - Updated - - -

>I see bits and pieces of Formula 1 influences here and there on the exterior. And bits and pieces of LFA derived influences in the interior.
I would like to think this is the order of influences not coming from the FRS.

and for once....IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A SHOE!

Maybe this is what happens when you have sake for lunch instead of LSD.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a lot of people giving it flack today over the internet and I can't understand why. I am really peculiar about what it takes for me to like a vehicle and this one really has me excited. I want to see some numbers! I think it looks awesome and although a departure from much of the norm, I think it has the righ styling cues from many cars I do think are aesthetically pleasing. That spoiler is epic. I hope this makes production in a similar fashion as shown here!

cuz they are JDM ricers and you are not. The rear spoiler is what our NSX needs but hard to execute elegantly. I dont' want DF all the time...wears everything out and I don't have a pit crew to swap the undertray nor the room to store it. I am also curious about the drag numbers but I am sure it can't be that bad.

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that the final result will very close to the concept. I remember when Toyota Japan came to Vegas for the annual Supras in Las Vegas event, the common response from those they interviewed was "do the engine and car shape justice". Akio and Kevin know that the next Supra has big shoes to fill for the 2 biggest markets for this car; Japan and Southern California.

Time to start saving my money...I've owned the MK II and III. It may be time to consider a MK V!

Last edited:
I watched all the videos on YouTube yesterday on the FT-1 and man is that an amazing looking car. It makes the new NSX look like a turd. However, it has no power train yet and no hood. The entire front of the car looks like one piece which makes me think it is a huge pie in the sky offering. I have seen LFA's in person and they are very understated. This car is not which makes me think the production version will be toned down a lot. Regardless, it is goo to see Toyota doing anything interesting.

Back