• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Experienced NSX Techs in Miami??

Can anyone recommend an experienced service tech in the Miami/Ft.Lauderdale area? Water pump/TB service, hose replacements, general maintanenance, etc. etc. Thanks in advance!

Dwight at ForeignTech, US441 in Plantation north of I-595. (Aka HondaTech).

Very experienced with NSX, trustworthy.

P.S. can I assume from your user name you work for Sound Advice or that otherwise you are an audiophile?

Thank you for the referral. It's much appreciated!

I was a general manager for Sound Advice and left about 1 year prior to their demise. I am the general manager of a high end company called Sound Components. We do high end automation systems and of course dedicated 2-channel audio systems :).

Absolutely go with Dwight. I trust him unconditionally to work on Charlotte. He basically wrote the NSX's service manual. Charlotte's sound system is from Sound Advice in Boca. Do you know Craig Lesser?

Thanks Hugh! I'm going to give him a call on Monday. The name sounds very familiar. Sound Advice just recently opened up their new showroom in Boca, correct?

Thanks Hugh! I'm going to give him a call on Monday. The name sounds very familiar. Sound Advice just recently opened up their new showroom in Boca, correct?

Before my NSX was totaled in October, I used Dwight for all my service on my car.

I bought many components over the years from Sound Advice before they went out of business. I recently went to the store again in Boca and they don't seem to carry as much as they used too. However they do have lots of nice high end stuff.

However they do have lots of nice high end stuff.

Thanks for the additional referral, Doc!

Yes, Sound Advice can carry some excellent well established brands, but unfortunately, they do not have a clue in terms of set-up, calibration, room acoustics, etc. to make that equipment really perform. I thought I knew what I was doing back in my Sound Advice days. I was schooled since day 1 over here at Sound Components!

Thanks for the additional referral, Doc!

Yes, Sound Advice can carry some excellent well established brands, but unfortunately, they do not have a clue in terms of set-up, calibration, room acoustics, etc. to make that equipment really perform. I thought I knew what I was doing back in my Sound Advice days. I was schooled since day 1 over here at Sound Components!

I don't have a home theater room in my house, so the stuff I have is good enough for my old man ears. I did pick up some great Focal speakers when they had the going out of business sale. :)

So...um... Dwight took a look at my car. I was going to have him do the TB/WP. He does a full check-up on the car and says, "your belt is fine, you don't need it done." I guess I'll take his word on it?

Yes, absolutely. He is the ONLY person that I will let touch my cars. Your car looks great by the way, saw it when I was down there with my 05. Dwight has owned many NSXs and he can do anything on these cars in his sleep.

So...um... Dwight took a look at my car. I was going to have him do the TB/WP. He does a full check-up on the car and says, "your belt is fine, you don't need it done." I guess I'll take his word on it?

Hey guys, I am from Houston, TX and I'm in the market for a NSX. I found one for sale near Miami and talked to the owner today. He said Dwight has been his mechanic the entire ownership of the car and can vouch for it.

My question is about the timing belt service. The car in question is a 92' with 32K miles. The timing belt/waterpump has never been done, and I spoke to Dwight on the phone and he said it should be good for at least up to 60K miles.

I've read online its recommended to change every 90K or 6 years. As this is a 22 year old car, but obviously low miles I am just wondering if this is a good reading. I see in this thread you guys all vouch for Dwight so I just want some reassurance basically.

nope get it done, 22 year old timing belt LOL, rubber rots after 7-8 years I wouldn't even try and start the car inless its done.

shelf life of rubber is the scary part, into a 30 minute drive it could snap since never being driven then your on the side of the road with a car that needs a new engine and an ex-owner that will not give you your money back " as-is " mentallity

^^ Yeah I definitely can see that happening and thats what worries me. I did kind of feel sketchy talking to Dwight on the phone, but the posts here say hes trustworthy. I don't know why he told the current owner there is no need to even do the timing belt service, when it would be money for his pocket.

well aftter all the NSX's I have worked on at my shop I forget myself and get some of them mixed up, inless its white or imola, or LBBP I would forget.

I have always heard good things about him so he may have a different NSX in mind.

Back