• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Upcoming nsx group drive.

Myself plus a S2000 member are planning a drive next month, probably toward the middle to latter part of february. We will meet up in a central location, we can use the Starbucks on Parker Rd if you wish. We will then drive to Terrell, which is just east of Rockwall to begin our drive. We anticipate a fair number of S2000's and NSX's will want to attend, so we will split up in separate run groups. The NSX's will be one group unto itself so we can drive at our pace.
The bulk of the driving will be on some very curvy roads, with a good amount of elevation changes so it will be challenging and fun. I've made this initial post to give plenty of notice and to hopefully get NSX owners interested, more details will follow in the coming days. I can tell you that we will be eating in the town of Ben Wheeler, a small quaint east Texas town with some interesting shops and stores. My favorite is a knife maker that makes custom knives.
So be thinking/considering this drive for february, and I'll give further details as we work out the route, etc.

~Steven

Steven,

I'm definitely up for this. I'm available any weekend except the very first one (8-9 FEB). My ankle should be pretty much healed up by then (if not I'll cut off a broom handle and work the clutch Chuck Yeager style or something).

I'm in Mansfield so I can meet you up near your location or somewhere along the way (maybe meet at Terrell?). If any of the Mansfield/Arlington area NSX'ers want to link up and drive together that would be cool.

Patrick

Sounds great Patrick, it definitely will be after the 8-9th of february. If we have enough NSX's we may need to have two run groups, from previous drives anything over 8 cars tends to get too strung out unless we go the speed limit. :rolleyes:

Ben Wheeler, the town information.

http://benwheelertx.com/

Last edited:
If it's late February....

Sounds like a plan! Looking forward to it if it's in the later part of the Month.
February 7th through 19th I will be in Japan, Malaysia, Singapore & Korea for
work. UGHHHHH!:frown:

Come on up out of towners!!!

Last edited:
Still haven't got around to change out my charred tires, hopefully soon then i can join the drive.

Great RedNA2X ! This drive will entail a route covering slightly over 120 miles, it's still in developmental stage and could be made slightly longer or shorter. The route will be on rural paved roads, with some great elevation changes/turns. I do know we will be meeting up at Tanger Outlet Mall near Terrell before starting the drive. If we want to caravan over together we can discuss that as the date gets closer. There are at least two gas stations near the mall for those needing to fuel or restrooms prior to the drive. If we get enough NSX's signed up we may need two run groups (which would be great) and a couple more two-way radios.
I'll post more details hopefully next week, so check back on this thread.

~Steven

Just a short update on this group drive. Myself and two friends drove the first leg of the drive from Terrell to Ben Wheeler today. It's about 40+ minutes of great road, lot's of turns from hard right and left handers, S turns and some compound turns. Bear in mind this is the first leg only, it will be challenging but a fun drive with hopefully little traffic. We plan on having lunch in Ben Wheeler and then doing the second leg which has some serious elevation changes, blind turns and great sweepers left and right. We need to recheck this leg to insure there are no obstructions or recent construction that would "affect" our drive. We weren't able to do this today, but will in the next week to ten days.
If need be, we may have to extend this into march due to my time constraints on planning this event. Currently we are thinking if we extend this it would be no later than march 15th. I guarantee this drive will be worth the trip, if for no other reason than to dispel the notion that N. Texas has no decent roads. More updates to follow soon. In the mean time do evaluate your brake system, tires for wear and other wearable items in preparation for this drive.

* As noted before there will be at least two run groups for this event. One for just S2000's and the second for NSX's so we can run at our pace.

~Steven

Ok, spent the entire day driving roads in the Ben Wheeler area to confirm their road worthiness. Without further adieu the drive is scheduled for Saturday March 15th, we will meet at Tanger Mall just outside Terrell on I-20 at 9:00am. Be thinking of a place in the Dallas area for those wanting to meet up and drive over together. Originally we were going to do lunch after the first leg, but after driving the second section today we feel it would be better to hold off till the second section is completed. We will stop after the first section in Ben Wheeler for a restroom break or drink before resuming the second drive. After completing the second section we will then eat in Ben Wheeler, there are several restaurants within one block to choose from and afterward we will have some time to check the shops. As I've stated previously there will be a group of S2000's along on this drive as well, they will be in a separate run group(s) from us. We will, depending on the number that show up, be at least one run group. If you have a two-way radio please bring them so that we can communicate any issues or information. Being this is a very rural area, cell phones may or may not work. I should have maps with directions on the route for everyone on the 15th, along with some verbal do's and don'ts on our pre drive meeting at Tanger Mall.

Just the Facts:

http://benwheelertx.com/

Date: Saturday March 15th

Time: 9:00 am

Where: Tanger Mall. Terrell Tx.
https://maps.google.com/maps?client...84&ei=NOsPU47oK-ri2AXcmoC4Bw&ved=0CJ4BEPwSMA0

Who's invited: NSX owners, their owners, wife's/ girlfriends/ whatever. This is a long drive (145+miles) bring some company. :smile:

Alright, you have the basics, I hope, this will be a "spirited" drive. This is not a race, but the courses will test you and your NSX. So come prepared. Well rested, your car in good mechanical repair, no bald tires or worn out brakes. We want to have a fun, uneventful drive.

So who's in for drive on March 15th? If you have a passenger put (+1) next to your name.

1. Vanishing Point +1

Last edited:
1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1

1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1

Count me in!

(Does "registration" in the event come complete with a GF for the ride along...for us single folk? :D)

1. Vanishing Point +1

2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
4. GBL1 (Top Speed Auto)

Should be a great time! Hopefully, Mother Nature smiles on us :biggrin:
1. Vanishing Point +1

2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
4. GBL1 (Top Speed Auto)
5. clean_green
12.[/QUOTE]

I'm in!
1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
4. GBL1 (Top Speed Auto)
5. clean_green
6. Redna2x +1

Fourteen days away and the long range weather forecast shows the 15th to be good weather. The Dogwood and Redbuds are just starting to bloom on the drive route, hopefully we will see some Bluebonnets as well in spite of the dry spring. Maybe, just maybe, you will be enjoying winding your NSX engine too much to notice the flowers, etc. :cool:

Would love to be a part but right now it's questionable for me...
Some mods in progress & don't think 14days is enough time to get em' finish...
I'll see tho.....

Lunch will be at Forge Bar & Grill in Ben Wheeler after we complete the second leg of our drive. We will be working on reservations, and reserved parking as the date of our drive nears. In case I failed to mention it there are gas stations within 3/4 mile of the Mall so we can fuel up prior to the drive.

If anyone's interested we can caravan over together, now I'll have to think of good spot meet up. :tongue:

Sorry folks I wish I could make it but its my sons spring break week.

Mine too Brother, but that's why I'm spending the entire weekend prior
and the entire week with her to get those few hours of driving Saturday.
Make it happen Bro!:biggrin:

See you guys there!

1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
4. GBL1 (Top Speed Auto)
5. clean_green
6. Redna2x +1
7. dirtiehippie
8. Single Samurai +1

Back