• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official 2014 Tower Shops Calender - 4th Friday Of Every Month

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
No more lame threads asking "who's going to the Tower Shops?" or posting a meet at the last minute. Now it's official, we meet the 4th Friday of every month in the usual place. For the new folks, that would be the third row of the north end of the parking lot. Near the muscle cars and Corvettes. Just look for the d0h! on the map below.

Here are the actual dates so you can plug them in your smartphone, calender, etc....

Friday, Feb. 21
Friday, Mar. 28
Friday, Apr. 25
Friday, May. 23
Friday, Jun. 27
Friday, Jul. 25
Friday, Aug. 22
Friday, Sep. 26
Friday, Oct. 24
Friday, Nov. 28 (Might be switched to the 21st due to Turkey Day)
Friday, Dec. 26

Guess what? It will continue like this into 2015 and beyond as well. :)

towershops.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea. I'll hopefully have a new addition to the stable by then. PPI being done this week. :smile:

Sorry guys, it's not aanother NSX. You'll have to show up to see what I'm bringing.

If it's not, don't bother, except if you want to park elsewhere!!-- :smile:

Last edited:
If it's not, don't bother, except if you want to park elsewhere!!-- :smile:

Wow! Someone woke up this morning either on the wrong side of the bed or with a clogged colostomy bag! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a little hint. The car will be Mid-Engined. :wink::wink:

Doc's getting a Fiero? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Wow! Someone woke up this morning either on the wrong side of the bed or with a clogged colostomy bag! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Doc's getting a Fiero? :biggrin:

Hugh, I thought I could trust you with my secret. Since you ruined my surprise I may have to buy the X1/9 instead. Damn you.

Hugh, I thought I could trust you with my secret. Since you ruined my surprise I may have to buy the X1/9 instead. Damn you.

Mid-engined. Hmm, could be so many . . . .
F-car
Lambo
R8
Ford GT
Alfa 4C
Cayman (nah, couldn't be . . . . Doc wouldn't be willing to put up with the abuse from Hugh)
Elise or Exige

Then again, could be the aforementioned Fiero
or X1/9
Lancia Beta Scorpion

Oh, wait, I got it! First gen MR2!

Doc gave a clue - PPI, which I assume means it's a previously-abused car, not brand new. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and post an official guess: R8. Second choice guess if I'm allowed one is Ford GT.

EDIT: Also assuming Doc is not trying to throw us off the path with "mid-engined", and that he really means rear-mounted mid-engine, not front-mid.

Last edited:
F-car
Lambo
R8
Ford GT
Alfa 4C
Cayman (nah, couldn't be . . . . Doc wouldn't be willing to put up with the abuse from Hugh)
Elise or Exige

Then again, could be the aforementioned Fiero
or X1/9
Lancia Beta Scorpion

Oh, wait, I got it! First gen MR2!

Doc gave a clue - PPI, which I assume means it's a previously-abused car, not brand new. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and post an official guess: R8. Second choice guess if I'm allowed one is Ford GT.

EDIT: Also assuming Doc is not trying to throw us off the path with "mid-engined", and that he really means rear-mounted mid-engine, not front-mid.

Great list Doug. I actually had an Lancia Scorpion back in the day. It was my first introduction into mid-engine cars.

Since I've already owned a Boxster S and Turbo Cab, it's safe to say it's not a P-Car. The only reason for the PPI is because the car has very low miles and may not have had a major service done. I've already test driven it and it is a car I've wanted for many years.

2nd hint: It does have the capacity to go without a roof. :biggrin:

I actually had an Lancia Scorpion back in the day. It was my first introduction into mid-engine cars.

2nd hint: It does have the capacity to go without a roof. :biggrin:

You had a Scorpion? I always loved the X1/9 and its platform-mate Beta Scorpion. Too bad neither was a very good car. Great handling, questionable reliability.

I thought the X1/9 was the coolest thing, especially when they first came out, in solid colors: white, something like the Miata smurf blue, black, etc. I wanted a white one, which is probably why my bought-new '94 Miata is white. The Scorpion was a cool car, too. I saw one just this past Friday, in the spectator area of the Cavallino Classic track day at PBIR. A yellow one that I've seen many times around South Fla.

OK, you have me stumped. Hmm, mid-engine, can go without a roof. I give up. I guess I'll just have to wait until you do your reveal. Best of luck on the new purchase, hope it works out.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread content.

Thanks, Hugh, sounds great. I'll try to make as many of these as I can.

Not just from me, Porsche purists even bash the Cayman calling it the Gheyman. They're so addicted to the engine behind the rear axle Kool-Aid that they can't appreciate Porsche's lame attempt at plagiarizing the NSX.

3rd hint for Doug. Hugh said that the car may be able to give him some competition once I do some mods.

3rd hint for Doug. Hugh said that the car may be able to give him some competition once I do some mods.

Doc, did you ever get the "new" car? What is it?!?!?

I don't think I'll be able to make it to Tower Shoppes this coming Friday Feb 21.

Who is planning on going to Towers this Friday? I need to put some miles on my car and can get the night off.

Who is planning on going to Towers this Friday? I need to put some miles on my car and can get the night off.

Argh! Another month I'll have to miss. :mad: And I was looking forward to checking out DocL's ride and maybe meeting Stuntman.

I will do my best to make it. We need to commiserate with Doc on his loss (and celebrate his gain :smile:).

Argh! Another month I'll have to miss. :mad: And I was looking forward to checking out DocL's ride and maybe meeting Stuntman.

Don't worry Doug. I'll be keeping this car for a very long time.

I will do my best to make it. We need to commiserate with Doc on his loss (and celebrate his gain :smile:).

It's been a tough six months Irv. I still miss my NSX. The Esprit fills the void.

Please DON'T come to any event I will be at. If you park near my car, mine will disappear. :biggrin:

Geez, I love white NSXs and yours looks incredible. If I had to do it all over again it would definitely be a quest for white.

Back