• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how much will it cost to fix all those problems?

I saw a nsx for sale but it has this message on it:

This vehicle is being sold in "as-is" condition and needs some work... 1. Replace brake master cylinder with flush 2. Replace valve cover gaskets with camplugs 3. Replace front and rear tires 4. Remove and reinstall tie rod end/link + alignment 5. Clutch fluid flush 6. Repair window mechanisms 7. Repair air/fuel ratio gauge 8. Replace clutch disc 9. Timing belt service

I wonder how much is it going to cost to fix all of those? is it worth it to buy it?

Big jobs will be TB/WP and clutch. Depending on the shop, you're probably looking at $7-$9k worth of repairs. Maybe more. I'd be willing to bet the list of repairs required is incomplete. Is it a non-runner?

As far as if it's worth it to buy...What year? Miles? Sale price? That's a TON of work but if the price is right, it could be worth it. Just need (much) more information.

Last edited:
I think $7k is a fair guesstimate IMO (tires are a big question, what sizes? going with crap or big dollar replacements?) Obviously there is a +/- but a round number

*edited my number not realizing you said a clutch too"

Last edited:
In all honesty, it sounds like most, if not all, of the regular maintenance has been neglected (right down to useless tires). I would tend to think that someone who let this nsx get to "this stage" probably did little to keep it maintained. No offense meant but since you didn't post a link, if this is the type of car you are looking at price wise and if you won't be doing the repairs/maintenace yourself, can you really afford to own an nsx?

You could find out how much it would cost by asking the mechanic who would be doing the work - hopefully someone with a lot of NSX experience. We could tell you the name(s) of any such mechanics in your area if we knew where you were, but you didn't enter your location in your profile, so it doesn't show up next to your posts.

Like Bob mentioned, if these are the disclosed problems, then there is likely more wrong with this NSX. The price of entry to the NSX is becoming more accessible to people, but the price of maintenance remains high. If that car has a A/F gauge, then it is or has been boosted. That probably means it was driven hard under boost and a burned out clutch suggests lots of drag race launches. Considering the engine appears to have been neglected from basic maintenance and it has or had a turbo/SC/nitrous on it, you might be purchasing a time bomb. Under these conditions, head gaskets, piston rings and driveshafts become a concern. I would demand a compression and leakdown test at a minimum and have the car looked over by a NSX expert. The rough costs (including parts) are below for what you described:

1. Replace brake master cylinder with flush = $600
2. Replace valve cover gaskets with camplugs = $300 if done separate, but is included in TB/WP service
3. Replace front and rear tires = $500 to $1,200, depending on tire type and size
4. Remove and reinstall tie rod end/link + alignment = $300
5. Clutch fluid flush = $150 (mostly labor)
6. Repair window mechanisms = $1800 (if you need to replace regulators- they are $500 each)
7. Repair air/fuel ratio gauge = ? Not a stock part
8. Replace clutch disc = $2,000 (this is for the full clutch service; not recommended just to replace disc)
9. Timing belt service = $1,500

You are already at $7,150 if you buy cheaper tires, and I would budget at least another $2,500 for the stuff the seller is not telling you about.

I saw a nsx for sale but it has this message on it:

This vehicle is being sold in "as-is" condition and needs some work... 1. Replace brake master cylinder with flush 2. Replace valve cover gaskets with camplugs 3. Replace front and rear tires 4. Remove and reinstall tie rod end/link + alignment 5. Clutch fluid flush 6. Repair window mechanisms 7. Repair air/fuel ratio gauge 8. Replace clutch disc 9. Timing belt service

I wonder how much is it going to cost to fix all of those? is it worth it to buy it?

2. Replace valve cover gaskets with camplugs = $300 if done separate, but is included in TB/WP service

Cam Plugs are typically NOT included in a TB/WP service, that is an additional 1-2 hours work.

VC Gaskets yes:)

My $.02

Regards,
LarryB

Cam Plugs are typically NOT included in a TB/WP service, that is an additional 1-2 hours work.

VC Gaskets yes:)

My $.02

Regards,
LarryB

Good catch Larry! Forgot about that, since I did mine at the same time lol.

I'm with RSO34, as well as chudson1549. The clutch/tb are major items that will cost you a good amount, and the fact that all these remain unserviced, on top of leaking valve cover/cam plug gaskets, leads me to believe this car may have been neglected, and worse, driven and allowed to degrade without it being properly fixed.

And.. why does it have an a/f gauge? is it currently super/turbocharged? or was it in the past?

And what about the tie rod end links? Was it previously damaged/knocked out of alignment? accident/curb encounter?

Window regulator failures are pretty commonplace, but they're not cheap to fix - mine cost about $800 per door.

Last edited:
Back