• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Evans Tuning - Lehigh Valley PA, Phila Pa, NJ Tunner shop winter search

Hello everyone. Almost spring can’t wait to drive again. hang tough were almost out of this mess :applouse:
During this long, long winter season, I started searchingfor a tuner shop to get some work done on my 1992. I’ve been looking at severaltuner shops in the Phila, NJ area and after visiting a few of them, I leftleaving a bit disappointed about what I’ve seen. <o:p></o:p>
Well tonight was different, with only two more shops on mylist I found it. A shop whose owner meets you, talks to you, shows you what hedoes, what he’s done and has the credentials and knowledge I’ve been searching for, and yes a former NSX owner … (no this is not a paid advertisement)<o:p></o:p>
Amazing you say, :eek:<o:p></o:p>
Well no, it’s true, I say! :rolleyes:

Tell me more you say!:confused:

Well ok, I will ! :biggrin:

The shop is first clean, professional, well equipped, etc. .. . . that I wanted to spread the word if others are experiencing the sameissues I was having ,and that being shops who talk a lot of talk yet have noreal back ground or proof .<o:p></o:p>
But just don’t take my word for it, check out the wed site,give them a call, conduct your own interview, I don’t think you will be disappointed.<o:p></o:p>
Evens tuning <o:p></o:p>
http://www.evans-tuning.com/ <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Jeff Evans left my car outside while it was there after agreeing that it would be stored inside when he wasn't working on it. There was a freak hail storm while it was there, and when I went to pick up my car when it was done he and his Dad both lied to my face and said the car arrived to his shop that way. I found out from someone in the area that there was in fact a hail storm one of the days it was there, verified it with the local weather data, and he still denied it. It cost $9k for a new paint job and he didn't even offer to pay my deductible. That motor that he tuned is also sitting on a bench in my garage cause it broke a ring land after about 250 miles. The shop that recommended him to me even offered to pay the deductible citing that he was just a young kid that didn't know any better......I declined. I would stay far away from that lying little piece of trash.

Edit.....I hope this real life background was proof enough so that you continue your search in finding a reputable repair facility. I would drive the extra couple hours and take it to Larry B. His reputation is flawless as is his work.

Last edited:
His punctuation and grammar sure have improved leaps and bounds after reading through some older posts.

hmmm..... That sucks....I've always thought I heard good things from evans tuning. I guess you may have to continue to search or even hit up Larry B

Philly area isn't too far from me. I did a 90k service not too long ago for a chap that lived there. I do much much more to the NSX than that :) PM me if you are interested in work.

-Justin

Last edited:
na1mt, O so your a language teacher ...
Your comment is so thought out and really added to the topic.<o:p></o:p>
Wow, thank you .What would we do without such input .<o:p></o:p>

- - - Updated - - -

Now to answer to the question about my car for sale.<o:p></o:p>
(See na1mt, this is how you reply to a topic by stayingon it, pay attention, it’s never too late to learn) <o:p></o:p>

The time I was originally to spend overseas was cut short due to the currentstate of the reason I was going to be in. So my main concern of storing it hasbeen resolved for the time being. I am still on the fence about selling the carsince I have very little time to drive it. The other reason for removing the add,I have a gentleman near Phila interested in it but due to this winters weatherhe hasn’t been able to see it. If this person does not purchase it I mayre-post it for sale. Time will tell.
<o:p></o:p>

- - - Updated - - -

dmscrex,
do you have your own shop? if so please send me the address so I can arrange a visit .

But what are you looking to do in terms of service? You talk about a "tuner shop" but what on your car are you looking to "tune"?

My comment added everything pertinent to the topic......I used the shop that you "think" may be your answer to all your NSX needs. I got screwed over and lied to to the tune of a $9k paint job, and a blown motor. Just cause you are all gay over services you have never gotten yet, I felt it necessary to share my "real world" experience with the clown you are praising, so as to hopefully prevent any other forum members from getting screwed as well. And whilst I am no scholar where the English language is concerned......you on the other hand may wish to invest in a better spell check program.

Back