• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX Formula Red in CA - 100K - Outside snap ring range JH4NA1150MT000604

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandatory Information

YEAR & MODEL: 1991 NSX
FULL VIN #: JH4NA1150MT000604
CURRENT MILEAGE: 100,450
COLOR (EXT/INT): Formula Red/Black & Red
TRANSMISSION: MT5
LOCATION OF VEHICLE (CITY/STATE): Oakland, CA
CONTACT VIA (E-mail, PM, phone number, etc.): PM
PRICE (MUST STATE A PRICE, IS IT FIRM OR OBO?): $27,500 firm

Additional Information
(providing it here will save you answering these questions 50 times)

NUMBER OF OWNERS: Unknown (at least 2)

CLEAN TITLE? Yes
CLEAN CARFAX? Not run
HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? (IF YES, DETAILS) No accidents with current owner, previous history unknown
HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? (IF YES, DETAILS) Appears to be all original
MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION? From current owner

CURRENT CONDITION OF WEARABLES INCL. TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS Will need new rear tires soon. All other wearable items, components and fluids are in good order.

MODS if any (Are stock parts included in the sale?) Racing clutch from previous owner, type and mileage unknown. OEM phone and CD changer removed and are included. US Spec Ipod interface added to stock Bose sound system with connector in center console compartment. Interior has been redone in red/black leather. MOMO red/black shift knob. Aftermarket fixed radio antenna.

Reluctantly selling my gorgeous '91 NSX in very nice condition with original paint. For those of you in the know, this is the first year of production and this vehicle is outside the snap ring range. I acquired this car about 4 years ago with 90K miles, after having owned a Ferrari 308, Mercedes SLK, etc. Since it's previous service history was unknown, I immediately had a full engine-out service done, including new water pump, belts, seals, etc. A couple of years ago, I had it at an Acura dealer and they noted that there was an active service recall for the cooling system, so again it had a new water pump, plus several hoses, coolant tubes, et al. It's also received new rear brake pads, a clutch servo hose, airc onditioning recharge and other minor items. As a weekend pleasure car, the mileage is now just over 100K.

The car is nearly stock, with a few modifications. There is some sort of racing clutch in it, very stiff to operate, but it does not slip. The interior was redone at some point in red and black and is in excellent shape with the exception of the driver's side outside bolster, which is starting to crack.There is a red/black MOMO gearshift knob, and I have had the factory cellphone removed from the center console and replaced with a US Spec ipod interface connected to the stock Bose sound system. This also necessitated the removal of the 6-disc CD changer from the trunk, which yields more luggage space. All of these removed pieces, including the intact wiring harnesses are included with the car.

When I got the car, it was lowered with 18 and 19 inch TSW Kyalami wheels and ultra low profile tires. They looked great, but the car was way too low for practical city roads and potholes, so I swapped it out for stock springs. I added new General UHP rubber in the rears and ran this setup until last year when potholes finally took their toll. The right front wheel lost its center cap and the wheel rim was dented. Even though it still held air and ran true, I didn't feel confident, so I now have a set of near mint stock NSX wheels, in 15's and 16's with Falken Azeni's. This setup handles almost as well as the aftermarket wheels and is much more practical. The rears will need replacement soon. The aftermarket wheels/tires are also included and could be remounted if desired.

This has been my dream car and I have really enjoyed it, but the time has come to sell. I now am developing a vineyard and winery in the Sierra foothills and need a more practical car for my frequent commutes when I don't take the truck.

If you're looking for a well-sorted, very clean and stock NSX, you won't find a nicer one at this price. Serious inquiries only. You've got to have the money as it would be difficult to finance a car like this. Cheers
<o:p></o>

progress.gif

Attachments

• 20140223_091514.jpg
    20140223_091514.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 937
  • 20140223_091755.jpg
    20140223_091755.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 915
  • 20140223_092024.jpg
    20140223_092024.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 804