• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jimmy Fallon SUCKS

In my humble opinion, the new Tonight Show SUCKS to high heaven. Jimmy Fallon ACTS during his entire show. All his emotions are acted. This includes his silly grin, pretended innocence, supposed cracking up with face buried in his hands, and whatever he does trying to be funny. Even the entire band is doing the same thing kissing him up. He simply is not but tries way to hard to be funny. The guests are not better either. The interviews are not entertaining but just SILLY. Yeah, they said he appeals to the younger crowd. I thought I was watching the SNL in many moments.
Steve

Last edited:
Agreed, but Craig Ferguson is the man! My favorite late show host by far!

Craig Ferguson is the man! My favorite late show host by far!

100% on this one!

Although I like Fallons show, it is the same thing he was doing on LateNight they just brought it over. May not be everyones cup of tea, but I think he will do alright. Hell I liked Conan's show as well as Leno.

I got to see him before he was a superstar he was doing stand up comedy at a club in tampa called Improv was so funny reminded me of Adam Sandler with a Guitar bit.

granted some of his stuff is dull but some of Jays stuff was dull we just got use to it.

I for one think Fallon is hilarious. He's real and has great comedic talent. I think his writers will get better as they adapt to their new audience and viewer feedback.

I used to watch letterman ferguson but last week did Fallon Meyers it was a nice change. I'm not sure who I'll stick with. One thing I can say is time flies by watching Fallon where letterman seems like a longer hour. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Nobody can compare to Johnny Carson (RIP)

Haven't watched it so I can't really comment. I'm sure he'll find his place in time. He's got talent.

As Steve was saying Fallon is always doing shtick.... Johnny and Leno had the ability to be funny when you didn't expect it and quite the straight man when they had funny guests..to let their guests shine. Fallon is young but he grew up in sketch comedy.which means you are all in funny for short bursts.I hope he lets his guests be themselves,and doesn't always try to upstage.

How can people not like Jimmy and JT doing the 'HISTORY OF RAPS' Awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NO0rArJRR4
I love Jimmy!

As Steve was saying Fallon is always doing shtick.... Johnny and Leno had the ability to be funny when you didn't expect it and quite the straight man when they had funny guests..to let their guests shine. Fallon is young but he grew up in sketch comedy.which means you are all in funny for short bursts.I hope he lets his guests be themselves,and doesn't always try to upstage.
As docjohn eloquently summarized it, Fallon is just doing shtick (thanks for teaching me the word "shtick", doc!). In other words, Fallon is just doing skit after skit with his guests. These Evolutions of these and those are rip-offs of people's original ideas and I don't see them as funny at all after seeing so many of them on Youtube all these years. "History of Raps" is just another stale bread which the 2 have done like 5? The one that you linked is nothing but a skit in which they TRIED to be funny by acting. Of note was Fallon about to yell " Crazy MotherF@#ker" but was stopped by JT. Fallon appeared to be somewhat baffled and embarrassed. It is silly as a skit, but certainly not funny. There are differences between an entertaining and funny talk show and sitcom/skit. Fallon is doing skits.
Steve

Jay-Leno-advice-Jimmy-Fallon.jpg

I was young, college when Jonny Carson retired and passed the baton to Jay Leno. I think Leno did change a few things to make it his show but it was still the tonight show. Jimmy Fallon is funny, but not a commedian, as others have pointed out. I haven't seen his new show but if it like his old show it will be OK, but not the tonight show. Kinda like Conan O'Brien. But I'm not sure who could follow Leno. I believe he wasn't as good as Carson, but was good. Could you imagine Letterman doing the tonight show?

The tonight show is basically now the late show an hour earlier. It's nothing like the old show.

Jimmy knows how to create viral videos that will help drive traffic to the show and keep generating interest with the younger demographics.

One thing is for sure, he is way better than kimmel.

I think everyone thinks the person they were used to is better than the one that replaced them.

I think everyone thinks the person they were used to is better than the one that replaced them.

Bingo. This goes for cars too. Personally I felt Jay Leno was tired and needed to retire. Craig Ferguson is funny and so is Jon Stewart. Fallon will get better and he is much much better than Conan already!

I like Fallon. He's from a local town, Saugerties, NY. Glad to see a New Yorker back in the big chair.

Back