• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel & Tire shops in the Bay Area/SF

I'm looking where to ship my tires from TireRack to. Used to use The Shop in San Bruno but don't think they let customer drive the car into the shop. So that's off now. Where do you guys go for tire mount and balance? Please share what you have. Thanks

Ken's Wheel Service
280 - 14th Street
San Francisco CA 94103

(415) 543-1568

Open Monday thru Wednesday only (closed Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

Have used them for 40 years.

Last edited:
Guys thanks for sharing. Do you leave your car and let them drive it while you wait somewhere in the customer's waiting area?

Don't really understand your question.... I have Tire Rack send them the tires, they tell me when they arrive, I drive my car into the shop, they dismount the tires, mount and balance the new ones while I stand around and watch, I pay them, then I drive home. ; - )

Don't really understand your question.... I have Tire Rack send them the tires, they tell me when they arrive, I drive my car into the shop, they dismount the tires, mount and balance the new ones while I stand around and watch, I pay them, then I drive home. ; - )

Well that's exactly what I was wondering about. Many shops don't let customer drive in to the service area. But seems like folks at Ken's are alright. Thanks

789ccc72eeacaf3e82845bc396417936.jpg

At Sean's place today.. I feel like a little kid every time I'm there :)

Last edited:
Bumping this thread cause I'm looking for a shop that wont mess up my new wheels when putting on tires. Who do you guys trust not to scratch/nick/dent/breath on too hard for your wheels? Preferably in the east Bay.

http://www.newtirewarehouse.com/

They have done my wheel/tires on all of my cars/truck now with no scratches and the labor was pretty cheap. I think it was $15 for each wheel/tire with new stems for mount and balance (sticker weights on the inside).

The owner, Frank is like some near 7' tall basketball player from I think Croatia. Super nice guy and he tracks his late model M6 (previous was E92 M3). Likes to talk about car stuff and is pretty experienced.

They also do 4 wheel alignment as well. $79~

Ken's Wheel Service is gone. : - (

Ken retired.

I need to find that out.

Tim's Treads is NOT on TireRack's list of "preferred installers"... but of course they will ship to any shop.
I think Tim's is worth a try.... when I do I'll report back.
He already helped my sister out with a flat repair -- fast, on the spot service when all the other tire shops within 5 miles "couldn't get to it for a few hours - or tomorrow."

Back