• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How about some new NSX info as of 3/16/14?

And another great vid as towards the end of it a 458 Speciale is trying to catch up to the NSX (those awesome Ferrari downshifts....) but I am amazed how quick the new NSX comes out of that corner vs the Speciale......awesome <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fs3krq4s7zw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

looking good, other than that busted brake light.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...nd-At-The-N%FCrburgring?p=1800511#post1800511

dftxmf9cjug9tanz6xnq.jpg

Last edited:
like I said 2016 for retail cars.

chillax docjohn & liftcontrol, this is what testing is for, test and improve performance, and find any gremlins.

I'm totally chill man....just no march delivery like my dealer told me.

chillax docjohn & liftcontrol, this is what testing is for, test and improve performance, and find any gremlins.

Well not only did they find the gremlins, they cooked them well done. LOL.

We all know this happens with mule testing, however Honda engineering has always been synonymous with reliability.

Yea, what is up with all of the hate lift? Every single high hp car has caught on fire. Porsche, Ferrari, Audi, Nissan, McLaren. You name it.

And another great vid as towards the end of it a 458 Speciale is trying to catch up to the NSX (those awesome Ferrari downshifts....) but I am amazed how quick the new NSX comes out of that corner vs the Speciale.
How do you know that they're both on the limit? What if the 458 is driving at 7/10ths and the NSX is almost at 9/10ths; what if the NSX's tires are stickier; what if the 458 driver has orders to stay behind the Honda mule to get a better read on its handling abilities?

I don't think either was at their limits, definitely wasn't at WOT IMO, at least not from the videos we saw.

NO NO NO.....:mad:

YOU ALL HAVE IT WRONG!!
:eek:

I {of course} have the inside scoop for all you NSXers not in the loop...

Honda Engineering & NASA have combined to produce THE NEW RBAS Unit

The New Honda NSX now has a special key {RED} that is inserted into a special hidden spot in the glove box

The new (yep you herd it here first) RBAS system{Rocket Boost Assist System} is an engineering marvel {like the comic book}

This new propulsion system will hurtle the NEW NSX from 0-100kph is 1.2 seconds

In a meer micro-second the system deploys {from a hollowed out volcano}... leaving every other car as a burn-out shell...

this information was reported in the October 1 2016 issue of Car & Driver ...

come on boys try and get your facts straight....
:rolleyes: and .. stop making stuff up ...:biggrin:

yeah, either the presenter had certain info he was obligated to keep 'hush hush' or simply uninformed about the car. Notice the grill is different. "gone" is the beak replaced with chrome trim and mesh inserts which looks pretty good, decent.....acceptable lol. Quick! someone start designing an aftermarket grill for NSX 2.0. Actually, expand to all of Acura's line up, he/she would make a killing lol.

Just read this whole thread and I can share a lot of the impatience sentiment. I just got rid of my fourth gt-r in anticipation of this and think I have an 18 month wait ahead.

I was overjoyed to read that it would have twin turbos, mostly due to doing the maths on the peak power available. I'd be happy with 550bhp total stock power if the weight target of 1400kg is even close to being achieved. My GTR, despite ending up with 800 bhp was very quick at 530 standard weighing about 1750kg. Like for like I can see it will have the performance of the GT-R matched.

When you include the benefits of mid engine rear gearbox weight distribution, and a dry sump, you have the makings of great things, but the main thing I am convinced will redefine the handling standard is the torque vectoring. I know some people are anti 4wd, but I'm pretty sure this car is only 4wd for the torque vectoring purpose that independent electric motors on the front axle can produce. There's no other car ever that has had this layout and potential. None of the current performance hybrids has cross axle torque vectoring potential on power. I'm sure it's going to move the handling game on substantially.

My last hope, though it's not been suggested, is that the third motor in the rear will be used for a torque fill, like on the P1 to reduce any noticable turbo lag, I wonder if that's wishful thinking.

The ingredients for this car that have already been announced make it the best car I can see on the horizon. I can't wait, as well as the deposit I've even bought two UK number plates specifically for it.

Surprised no one has posted this rumor yet:

http://gearheads.org/2017-acura-nsx-type-r/

The 2017 Acura NSX Type-R is Honda’s way of adding some aerodynamic treats and some racing seats and charging much more for the privilege, add 20-30bhp from the electric assist and there you have a bigger price tag with more profit margin.

2016_NSX_Side-WALLPAPER_01.jpg

That sentence was a mouthful and the article is actually quite bad, but I wonder if his source is legit. I was thinking the Type R would be sans e-motors due to super limited production and higher engine output to reduce weight to ~2800 lbs once again?

Article looks entirely fabricated to me.

I suspect if there's any truth in we'll see a lot of similar type content arriving from more trusted sources.

Rear wing surprisingly doesn't look out of place.

Not so keen on the seat idea, but I'd definitely be up for more power from the electric motors if that's how they are going to make the type R.

I can't see them making a non-hybrid version of the car. Too much of the drivetrain is integrated into the rest of the systems for them to be able to take it out, it would also hugely compromise the weight balance to remove the motors and the battery.
It would also be a technological step backwards, and a smbolic two finger gesture to the future of drivetrains to exclude it from the the high performance version of the flagship sportscar.

Article looks entirely fabricated to me.

I suspect if there's any truth in we'll see a lot of similar type content arriving from more trusted sources.

Rear wing surprisingly doesn't look out of place.

Not so keen on the seat idea, but I'd definitely be up for more power from the electric motors if that's how they are going to make the type R.

I can't see them making a non-hybrid version of the car. Too much of the drivetrain is integrated into the rest of the systems for them to be able to take it out, it would also hugely compromise the weight balance to remove the motors and the battery.
It would also be a technological step backwards, and a smbolic two finger gesture to the future of drivetrains to exclude it from the the high performance version of the flagship sportscar.

The pic is a photoshop mockup - which is very common these days for news sites. There wouldn't be NSX-R photos released before the official production photo hit first.

You're right about a slap in the face gesture if they removed the hybrid tech. It would question the marked-up price value and philosophy of the whole car as hybrid. I still would not weigh against the non-hybrid version right away though. Think very limited production numbers say ~300 examples or less like the Nismo GTR or the previous NSX-R. The Nismo GTR discarded the rear seats along with various other mods to drop weight (which I am sure shifted weight distribution) and improve performance. The NSX-R removed the radio, thinned out interior pieces, and replaced various parts to drop ~300 lbs (Essentially sacrificing comfort and refinement for some performance gains). Possible and radical in statement, but improbable. Honda seems to really be embracing the hybrid direction.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's not even white!

White is the official color of choice, but the NSX-R came in other colors too!

Back