• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How about some new NSX info as of 3/16/14?

Been a little quiet....

Other manufacturers are coming with all kinds of stuff

Let's hear what's coming for sure w/the new NSX that we don't already know!

THX

Honda have been playing with releasing stuff about the 2005 NSX replacement for 9 yrs.

Most manufacturers go from concept to market within 2yrs max any longer the market just looses interest and they miss the initial excitement of a new release.

If you would write a book on how not to release a replacement of an iconic car such as the NSX then Honda is the author.

Very poor effort imho.

Honda have been playing with releasing stuff about the 2005 NSX replacement for 9 yrs.

Most manufacturers go from concept to market within 2yrs max any longer the market just looses interest and they miss the initial excitement of a new release.

If you would write a book on how not to release a replacement of an iconic car such as the NSX then Honda is the author.

Very poor effort imho.

The first NSX started development in the mid 80s and was not released until the onset of the 90s. So essentially, 5+ years of development and preparation. Sometimes you can't rush great things.

Toyota could be that author when it comes to the Supra. 1998 was a LONG time ago!

Very poor effort imho.

This is getting to be like the new Esprit ...... they developed an new powertrain, engine and styled an entire new sexy body. Then ...... Lotus pulled the plug !!

This is getting to be like the new Esprit ...... they developed an new powertrain, engine and styled an entire new sexy body. Then ...... Lotus pulled the plug !!

You're comparing Honda to Proton?
Really?

Well in other news, Nissan might be developing a 800+hp Hybrid next-gen GT-R, Infiniti is building a 550 hp sedan, Porsche is developing a 991 GT3RS with 500hp with Turbo S style hips, Maserati is developing a new GT, Chev is developing the new Z06. Meanwhile at Acura...

bro.jpg

Last edited:
I live in Ohio. I met a guy at Cars n Coffee last saturday admiring my NSX. He has been in the NSX plant several times working as an engineer for a tooling company that is participating in the NSX builds. according to him.. When you go in the plant... You don't see the cars, but they are there (very hush hush) 50 of them have been built for crash testing. He told me a big production hold up is a part that has been machined incorrectly and they have been working dilligently to get it right. He seemed very knowledgable about what is going on in Marysville. who knows, i had a good feeling about our conversation though :biggrin:

You're comparing Honda to Proton?
Really?
Monetary acuity ..... No.
Dragging their feet while this car grows a long beard .... Yes.

I can't believe how impatient you guys are. Acura unveiled the concept in 2012, and said it would be on sale in 3 years. It has only been 2, so the cries of it taking too long are unreasonable. And as far as other companies being quicker, that depends on when in the development of a particular car that they decide to show a concept to the public. Take a look at the Viper. From concept to production was also 3 years, and they at least had most of the engine already. The Toyobaru ft86 took just as long, if not longer if you consider the start point the original FT-HS concept. So really, 3 years starting pretty much from scratch is not a particularly long time.

And for those of you that are too impatient to wait, just buy something else already and spare us all from your bellyaching. Geez.

He seemed very knowledgable about what is going on in Marysville. who knows, i had a good feeling about our conversation though :biggrin:

A close friend's firm is making a part for the car, his team has produced and shipped some quantities to OH.
Said that he is hearing that the supply chain is ramping up with other vendors too...
-
so yea, have some patience guys, its happening

I can't believe how impatient you guys are. Acura unveiled the concept in 2012, and said it would be on sale in 3 years. It has only been 2, so the cries of it taking too long are unreasonable. And as far as other companies being quicker, that depends on when in the development of a particular car that they decide to show a concept to the public. Take a look at the Viper. From concept to production was also 3 years, and they at least had most of the engine already. The Toyobaru ft86 took just as long, if not longer if you consider the start point the original FT-HS concept. So really, 3 years starting pretty much from scratch is not a particularly long time.

And for those of you that are too impatient to wait, just buy something else already and spare us all from your bellyaching. Geez.

Seriously 2012 Honda first mooted the replacement in 2003 with the HSC with a final production model in 2015 i'll let you do the numbers

- - - Updated - - -

Have Honda hit any of their benchmarks in the past 11yrs what makes you think 2015 will be it. The competition as mentioned previously will be streaks ahead with performance and technology by the time Honda releases its NSX 2.0.

Honda has procrastinated with its misdirection for yrs I have no confidence in Honda not only to replicate NSX 1.0 nether alone be a market leader when there has been yrs of progression, development and refinement of existing models of other marquees that have a history and prestige of building exotic vehicles.

Please look at the time Honda released NSX 1.0 the market was extremely agricultural it didn't take much to make a massage leap above the current competition.

The NSX was in its time was a massage leap forward but do you really think with no real development for 25 yrs it will trump the world of exotic/sports/supercars??

I think a lot of ppl here really need a reality check and be a realest. I'm the world's biggest optimist but reality has hit me in the head with this scenario.

Last edited:
I'm not particularly interested in the next NSX either, but that is more because I don't like where the automotive industry/technology has taken cars as of late. Too much focus on doo-dads and whatchamacallits and not enough focus on the actual experience of driving the car. Paddle shifters, in my opinion, were the tip of the iceberg and now we are in a totally un-fun place with cars. I drove one car with the flappy paddles and that sealed the deal for me.

Now we have back up cameras, back up "sensors," lane detection, 9-speed transmissions (seriously... how many gears do you really want the PCM to select between start and cruise?), cars that will tell you how to get somewhere... seriously... people use the stupid Navi to find their way to the grocery store they've been shopping at for years! I hope that I can manage to live life never owning a car that was built after 2005-ish. This new NSX promises nothing that will make me WANT to DRIVE.

Seriously 2012 Honda first mooted the replacement in 2003 with the HSC with a final production model in 2015 i'll let you do the numbers

- - - Updated - - -

Have Honda hit any of their benchmarks in the past 11yrs what makes you think 2015 will be it. The competition as mentioned previously will be streaks ahead with performance and technology by the time Honda releases its NSX 2.0.

Honda has procrastinated with its misdirection for yrs I have no confidence in Honda not only to replicate NSX 1.0 nether alone be a market leader when there has been yrs of progression, development and refinement of existing models of other marquees that have a history and prestige of building exotic vehicles.

Please look at the time Honda released NSX 1.0 the market was extremely agricultural it didn't take much to make a massage leap above the current competition.

The NSX was in its time was a massage leap forward but do you really think with no real development for 25 yrs it will trump the world of exotic/sports/supercars??

I think a lot of ppl here really need a reality check and be a realest. I'm the world's biggest optimist but reality has hit me in the head with this scenario.

That's 12 years and in that time frame there were 3 concepts presented, 4 if you consider the predecessor of the HSV, the ASCC. The HSC and the ASCC/HSV both of which did not have a positive response from the general public when debuted. The current NSX concept, the 4th one, does seem to have a more positive response from the majority of the general public and journalist so Honda seems to be commiting to making it. I see it as a 4-5 year development time not 12 like you are implying.

Last edited:
If the next NSX is like a 75% McLaren P1, then Honda will have achieved something truly magnificent. If it turns out more like a 2-seat Prius, then EPIC FAIL. Where on the spectrum the car will sit in 2015, I don't know, but hope it is nearer the P1 end....

So, if its a 2015 car, will it be ready for sale by Nov. 2014 like normal cars for the next model year?
I'll bet it goes on sale in mid 2015 as a 2016.

I totally agree with 'naaman' ... Cars today have been turned into a video gamers delight. Real driving is secondary ..... drivers are compelled to be connected to some telemetric device. In the old days we called those things pacifiers !:wink:

I think the car is gonna be great, but the price is what will put people off, just like the original. The majority of population isn't expecting much from a company that sells glorified Accords and Civics. It's kind of like Lexus, the LFA is an amazing car but its blood is beige and it can't escape that.

The new NSX doesn't look as good as the original, but it's still good looking. I bet it will be way better to drive than the original though.

A buddy went to check out a few Acura dealers where he lives and they gave him the impression that they would be charging over the MSRP when the 'new' NSX comes out. It's too funny!! In this crappy economy that does not seem like a smart ploy, at all. Just look what occurred recently with the new Viper ..... SRT dealers tried that stunt and sold no cars !! What a surprise! Some Vipers have been sitting on showroom floors for almost 1 year !!! And, due to lack of sales, the factory has just been shut down.
If Acura dealers try this, that could be their fate also. Sure, a few folks will bite the first bullet .... but after that, it will be downhill. Wake up dealers: You are selling Acura, not Ferrari.:biggrin:
Dealers must be living in a dreamland.

A buddy went to check out a few Acura dealers where he lives and they gave him the impression that they would be charging over the MSRP when the 'new' NSX comes out. It's too funny!! In this crappy economy that does not seem like a smart ploy, at all. Just look what occurred recently with the new Viper ..... SRT dealers tried that stunt and sold no cars !! What a surprise! Some Vipers have been sitting on showroom floors for almost 1 year !!! And, due to lack of sales, the factory has just been shut down.
If Acura dealers try this, that could be their fate also. Sure, a few folks will bite the first bullet .... but after that, it will be downhill. Wake up dealers: You are selling Acura, not Ferrari.:biggrin:
Dealers must be living in a dreamland.
I'd not dare to compare a "Viper" with a "NSX" :biggrin: two different galaxies...
NSX is so anticipated and not only in the states, it might indeed not have all the glory Ferrari carries with it but it will surely make up for that with being a correctly functioning super car.

And the NSX allure is still a few miles ahead of that of the Viper.

I live in Ohio. I met a guy at Cars n Coffee last saturday admiring my NSX. He has been in the NSX plant several times working as an engineer for a tooling company that is participating in the NSX builds. according to him.. When you go in the plant... You don't see the cars, but they are there (very hush hush) 50 of them have been built for crash testing. He told me a big production hold up is a part that has been machined incorrectly and they have been working dilligently to get it right. He seemed very knowledgable about what is going on in Marysville. who knows, i had a good feeling about our conversation though :biggrin:

Great! so that takes car of the next snap-ring issue :biggrin:

Well in other news, Nissan might be developing a 800+hp Hybrid next-gen GT-R, Infiniti is building a 550 hp sedan, Porsche is developing a 991 GT3RS with 500hp with Turbo S style hips, Maserati is developing a new GT, Chev is developing the new Z06. ]

And what would you do with that power? I have tracked my NSX for 15 year, 111 track days, over 11,000 miles. There are probably only a couple of dozen of us who track their nsxs "regularly". As for the rest, what does 500+ hp do for you on the street? Sure it's nice to have but considering how many are garage queens, the search for a high hp benchmark is more about bragging rights rather than driving enjoyment. My NSX has 155,000+ miles. I have an AMG Mercedes that I have put more than 232k miles. Much more power - but I would rather be driving my underpowered Honda....

P.s. the new NSX is coming - ask me how I know.... (But I won't tell you)

Last edited:
I'd not dare to compare a "Viper" with a "NSX" :biggrin: two different galaxies...
NSX is so anticipated and not only in the states, it might indeed not have all the glory Ferrari carries with it but it will surely make up for that with being a correctly functioning super car.
And the NSX allure is still a few miles ahead of that of the Viper.

I'm not comparing the cars .... I'm comparing sales techniques !! Doesn't matter what brand of car you are talking about (exc. HyperCars) .... people will resist paying over list price and that will decrease sales !! Most people on this forum have expressed reservations about the NSX even being priced at $175k (they think it's too high !!) ..... Then add an additional markup on top of that, and ..... you shoot yours sales in the foot a la Viper.

The arrival of the production version of the new Honda NSX Supercar is schedlued for 2015, and Honda are making sure the new NSX will arrive with high expectations.
They’ve already announced the new NSX will go racing before it even goes in to production and they’ve had a new NSX out on track to try and show its ‘Green’ credentials are a positive not a negative.

Now, Honda has announced that we’ll all be able to get up close and personal with the new NSX as it will be at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in June and will take on the Goodwood hillclimb.

Not only are Honda taking the new NSX out to play at Goodwood, they’re also taking a 1989 3.0-litre NSX ocne drive by Ayrton Senna (weren’t they all?) and a let 2005 3.2 litre too to demonstrate the new NSX’s history.

With a mid-mounted twin-turbo V6, a trio of electric motors and Honda’s Sport Hybrid SH-AWD the new NSX does hold plenty of promise for performance and handling, and the hillclimb is as good a place as any to see exactly what the NSX can do.

The 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed is from 27-29th June.

Read more: http://www.carsuk.net/new-honda-nsx-concept-take-goodwood-hillclimb-june/#ixzz2wuwBfBID

Back