• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in COTA vs Z07, GTR, and ACR Viper

As you can see from the video I was able to hold my own for a while but the laws of wHP take over in the end on a track like COTA. The Z07 and Viper were prepped at Pur Performance were I do all my own work to my car and a few other NSX's in the St. Louis area. Great fun with a great group of guys. Thanks to MVP for setting up the track days at COTA.

My Car: 2004 NSX with Twin Turbo 6lb/400 whp, Tanabi springs over Bilstein Struts, Tarox BBK, Dali 1" sway front and OEM sway rear, NT01s 235f/275r, vented hood.

The Z07 and the Viper were on Conti Slicks, not sure about the GT-R. The Corvette has a 120whp advantage and the Viper has a 209whp advantage and on a long track like COTA that is a giant hurdle for my little NSX to try and overcome. This is from Session 3 on the second day, first day was freezing drizzle and only got in one session. There are a few more videos as well as video from the Viper and the Corvette at our track video journal on YouTube, search for TooBlueRacing on YouTube if you want to see more. https://www.youtube.com/user/tooblueracing/videos?shelf_id=1&sort=dd&view=0

Sorry about the audio, did not have any external mics in the car so had to use the audio off the GoPro.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-uhRC4J0GI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dave

Last edited:
Nice share! :cool:

As you can see from the video I was able to hold my own for a while but the laws of wHP take over in the end on a track like COTA...

The Corvette (Z07) has a 120whp advantage and the Viper (ACR) has a 209whp advantage and on a long track like COTA that is a giant hurdle for my little NSX to try and overcome...
Nothin' some NOS can't solve! :D

Nice share! :cool:

Nothin' some NOS can't solve! :D

I am thinking of using a boost controller and a push to pass setup for the straightaways. That way when I need the 8lbs of boost for the pass on the straight I have it and stay with my 6lb setup every where else on the track.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Man, that looks like it was fun!

Silly fun, and silly expensive, COTA cost more than three other track weekends, but if you want to play in the bigboys sandbox you have to be ready to pay.

Dave

Back