• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX on Carsales

Owen,
Kid,

I test drove your car in Adelaide years ago before I purchased mine, at least I think it was yours. It was a great looking car, but the then owner was asking well over the odds for it, roughly 15-20k over what most were selling for at the time, so I passed it up.

Car was for sale in Adelaide in 2009 so very likely!

edit: 76k according to info I have..

Hi Everyone,
Well I am the guy that just purchased the blue car!

I think it’s worth telling the story as it may help other prospective NSX buyers. I have had my 95 Manual, Midnight Pearl Targa for 5 yrs now and it was not a perfect car when I got it but very original except for cheap “Drug Dealer 18’-19’ wheels”. Over the first few years I fixed lots of little problems and issues and the car has been fantastic ever since and a joy to own and work on. Plus I have met so many great people in the NSX community and done some fun trips like the Tassy run and Fiesta with the NSW mob.

I had jokingly said to a few people that I would only look at another NSX if it was a later model, manual coupe. Now later coupes in Aust/USA are very scarce so when I saw the Blue car on the net it was worth a look, plus only around the corner. Car and owner seemed very genuine when I met them, it drove perfectly, had been all approved/registered as a personal import in the small window of time when that was allowed. Sure there were a few things wrong like the standard CCU fan flat out, boot eng struts and a few others. The body is really straight and interior very good. I put it on the hoist and spent an hour or so with another NSX mate giving it the once over. Again no surprises, enough little marks and cracked steering boot to say it hasn’t been rebuilt or trashed. Engine area all good, receipts for T belt change etc. etc.

I did some research on the car and yes it was auctioned in a poor untidy state as Owen has said. It turns out it had a small ding in the front, dodgy brothers did (or tried) to do the repair and that’s how it was sold. The new owner had done some proper repairs on it including new bumper etc and some good preventive maintenance.

Now another factor kicked in…….the colour! It is the most amazing blue and has been my favourite colour since I first saw one. I think there are only 1 or 2 in Aust that colour.

You can probably guess what happened next. So now I get to do all those fun jobs on the blue car and will decide if I like an Aussie delivered Purple Targa or a JDM Monte Carlo Blue Pearl coupe (with the cool rear bumper and OEM JDM exhaust). I reckon it’s a nice problem to have!

So for everyone looking for NSXs in Australia don’t give up and check it out for your self, things might have changed since the last guy saw it. I help look after the NSX register for the HSCCA and this thing was well hidden around the corner and we didn’t even know about it! You never know.

I would also say it’s great that people like Owen and David post about this sort of thing because you can never get too much information about the cars. The NSX community is brilliant and Prime is a great resource. Now, does anyone know lots about JDM coupes……?

Thanks for reading and Congatulations Kid on your new toy!

^That is superb news. Pics required with both together!

Thanks Kid
Will do! I bet you are spending lots of time on Prime, so much info to digest. I will flick you a PM about getting on the NSX register.

Cheers, Scott

It's been too long between drinks. :) Right David?

Hi Michael,

You're right, it is about time we all caught up. What ever happened with the Peninsula run that we were going to do? It also looks like their might be a new car or two that might come along. Problem is the weather at this time of year, albeit sensational right now, in fact I had mine out yesterday and might well be out again today.

All the best,

David

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Everyone,

I think it’s worth telling the story as it may help other prospective NSX buyers. I have had my 95 Manual, Midnight Pearl Targa for 5 yrs now and it was not a perfect car when I got it but very original except for cheap “Drug Dealer 18’-19’ wheels”. Over the first few years I fixed lots of little problems and issues and the car has been fantastic ever since and a joy to own and work on. Plus I have met so many great people in the NSX community and done some fun trips like the Tassy run and Fiesta with the NSW mob.

I had jokingly said to a few people that I would only look at another NSX if it was a later model, manual coupe. Now later coupes in Aust/USA are very scarce so when I saw the Blue car on the net it was worth a look, plus only around the corner. Car and owner seemed very genuine when I met them, it drove perfectly, had been all approved/registered as a personal import in the small window of time when that was allowed. Sure there were a few things wrong like the standard CCU fan flat out, boot eng struts and a few others. The body is really straight and interior very good. I put it on the hoist and spent an hour or so with another NSX mate giving it the once over. Again no surprises, enough little marks and cracked steering boot to say it hasn’t been rebuilt or trashed. Engine area all good, receipts for T belt change etc. etc.

I did some research on the car and yes it was auctioned in a poor untidy state as Owen has said. It turns out it had a small ding in the front, dodgy brothers did (or tried) to do the repair and that’s how it was sold. The new owner had done some proper repairs on it including new bumper etc and some good preventive maintenance.

Now another factor kicked in…….the colour! It is the most amazing blue and has been my favourite colour since I first saw one. I think there are only 1 or 2 in Aust that colour.

You can probably guess what happened next. So now I get to do all those fun jobs on the blue car and will decide if I like an Aussie delivered Purple Targa or a JDM Monte Carlo Blue Pearl coupe (with the cool rear bumper and OEM JDM exhaust). I reckon it’s a nice problem to have!

So for everyone looking for NSXs in Australia don’t give up and check it out for your self, things might have changed since the last guy saw it. I help look after the NSX register for the HSCCA and this thing was well hidden around the corner and we didn’t even know about it! You never know.

I would also say it’s great that people like Owen and David post about this sort of thing because you can never get too much information about the cars. The NSX community is brilliant and Prime is a great resource. Now, does anyone know lots about JDM coupes……?

Hi Scott,

I am pleased you had a good look at the blue car before purchasing it, as I am not too sure the previous buyer did, so at least you had a clear vision of what was required to restore it to it's former glory. Like you, I love the colour and there are not too many around, so if that's what you are after it was probably worth having a crack at it.

I should add, looking at the recent photos of the car on carsales it was obvious some the problems with the car had been rectified since Grays sold it, so part of the expense might have been absorbed by the person you purchased it from. I actually looked at your purple car (on-line) years ago when it was on carsales and that seemed like great value, although that went before I was in a position to buy one, so I never got the chance to have a look at it.

At one stage I had both a black and a white NSX and whilst I always wanted a black one, the white one is much easier to keep cleen!!! That being said, the black one looked sensational when it was clean.

Good luck with the new car and with selling whichever car you decide to get rid of, as you said, it's a nice position to be in.

All the best,

David

Thanks mate.
Yeah I've seen the thread with pics etc. I spent many hours online tracing various cars (that I could) that were available...
I've got the previous owner's ad and the one before that for mine :)

In absolute love with it, did 200kms in a couple days to nowhere when it arrived in Perth. Just been out in it and going out in it again soon!

10257623_10152190164459081_1456486691755598422_o.jpg

Congrats kid!!!

black looks really good! I did see that car too, but already have some black cars so really wanted a red. Your car looks awesome! Did u happen to use ceva to transport your car? I only ask because the guy who unloaded my car said he loaded a black one for perth that same day.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Everyone,

Congrats on the buy! Great colour!

Thanks Guys for the kind words. A quick photo at night, will get some better ones later. Need Felix here!

IMGP1197.JPG

Yup, Ceva! The guy on the Sydney end was really helpful. :encouragement:

NSX9 - def need better / more pics. Looks great together though!

Hi Michael,

You're right, it is about time we all caught up. What ever happened with the Peninsula run that we were going to do? It also looks like their might be a new car or two that might come along. Problem is the weather at this time of year, albeit sensational right now, in fact I had mine out yesterday and might well be out again today.

All the best,

David

Oh yeah, we were suppose to do a drive down to Summers? Ian, Owen, we need a catchup organised. And other VIC new and old members too!!!

Blue looks great even in night shot, look forward to seeing in the light of day. You must be rapt
Cheers
Glenn

Hi Glenn,
Welcome to Prime! Congratulations on your first post and looking at the Prime name NSXNA2 (which I am surprised is still available) you must have an interest in a NA2?

Advertised at 55 mate.

Also there seems to be an NA2 fixed lights for sale on AE...

55 is a *reasonable* price for an MCB manual with questionable history, IMO.

Seen the NA2 on AE, thanks. It will be six figures. Pass.

When I'm reading you can have F355's for $60-70K+ as dealer trade ins I'm going to start leaning in that direction.

I've never seen an F355 that cheap..! Seen a few ropey 360s around those figures for trade ins though...

edit: looks like the AE one is a 93 with a facelift

hi there, that has to be the buy of the decade...one owner car originally purchased from Rick Damelian, it has had the bonnet replaced, I called the seller in WA, as I was on the phone to him, he said that someone from Sydney is presently there looking at the NSX....... offered him more than his asking price...he sold it that same day..........:(

Hi Zaim, Are you talking about the one on AE as per post #70 or the one now gone to SYD from WA from a month ago, post#19?

Scott congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you got a great car for a great price!
I think Zaim is talking about Rolz car and it was a great price.

s2k- with 355 and 360 which is similar money to NSX is the target market and also maintenance. Ferrari has a replacement model every 5-6 years and alot of the owners want the newest and best and the badge. Maintenance for a $55-60k 355 is still paying for a $300K fez when new. Similarly 360. 430 maintenance improved. People buying NSX realise it has hit the bottom age or k's isnt factor as much as servicing is still like normal honda.

Hi Everyone,

Hi Scott,
so glad to hear you brought this car, my biggest concern was that someone who didn't know NSX's would have brought this car without understanding the importance of establishing that the chassis was straight. It's funny but thinking back, at the time I was also put off by the fact that this was a Japanese import but now to me this is of absolutely no importance, its all about the car. Mind you I do think your greedy, 2 NSX's while I only have one, not fair!
Cheers Owen.
CLAKE Total Control at your Fingertips!
IMTINDUSTRIES PTY LTD <o:p></o:p>
Factory 7/1 Austarc AveThomastown VIC 3074 AUSTRALIA
MOB
EMAIL [email protected]
www.clake.com.au<o:p></o:p>

Back