• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXprime Facebook has no relation to NSXprime.com?????

This whole time I had thought that was Lud's Facebook page. Kind of annoying to me that Lud and this community spent so many years and $$$ building the NSXprime "brand" and somebody would just appropriate it for their own use.

Rob - I'm assuming the admin is Lud
Ryan - This guy is the admin - Marcus Smacke Maehlum
Rob - NSX prime Facebook isn't related to NSXprime.Com?
Ryan - correct, no connection

This whole time I had thought that was Lud's Facebook page. Kind of annoying to me that Lud and this community spent so many years and $$$ building the NSXprime "brand" and somebody would just appropriate it for their own use.

Rob - I'm assuming the admin is Lud Eng
Ryan - This guy is the admin - Marcus Smacke Maehlum
Rob - NSX prime Facebook isn't related to NSXprime.Com?
Ryan - correct, no connection
"Marcus Smacke Maehlum" is a longtime, active Prime member in good standing, as well as being an engaged and enthusiastic NSX owner in Europe. I would believe that he had Prime's forum admin's go-ahead to be able to assume such a responsibility, in good faith.

With that said, there's an NSX Prime "page" and a "group" on Facebook.

Anyone know how to get in contact with Marcus Smacke Maehlum? For some strange reason I was blocked from the NSX Prime Facebook group and I have no idea why. I'd like to be added back.

Thanks in advance!!

I deleted my facebook years ago I was sick of hearing about how people's work day sucked and their car broke down.

I deleted it and it was almost a weight lifted from all my other things in my life. and besides the government tracks you.

the least off the GRID the better in my book.

I deleted my facebook years ago I was sick of hearing about how people's work day sucked and their car broke down.

I deleted it and it was almost a weight lifted from all my other things in my life. and besides the government tracks you.

I'm going to have to consider this.

I wasn't at all impressed with the Facebook crowd and removed myself from the group.

True. It has become like a Civic forum. People talking trash and wannabe cool claiming to have one.

Did that years ago...so glad I did.....as soon as my mother in law started, I knew Facebook was dead.....

Too much drama and I don't really give a f--- what you had for lunch today......sorry:redface:

I hate to see what all these Nsx FB groups have done to NSXPRIME ....I've been on here since 03 and have noticed how light the traffic is on here in the past few years....

Last edited:
Forums are kinda an older way of communicating within communities and networks. They require more active involvement. I'm not a huge fan either but FB, Instagram and other social networks are quicker and more popular nowadays.

Forums are kinda an older way of communicating within communities and networks. They require more active involvement. I'm not a huge fan either but FB, Instagram and other social networks are quicker and more popular nowadays.
Forums retain and organize data and historical information. FB is just a show and tell for the present.
Try and find an old article, manual or other detailed information about the NSX on FB.
I just read information posted in 2001 about the NSX. Good detailed writeup about the brake system.
The NSX is now an old classic car. NSXPrime Forum fits the bill perfectly.

Perhaps, but they're not organized, threadable and searchable. They're good for discussing something short term and immediate, but a week down the road and the discussion might as well have been deleted.

I check it these days only to try to determine whether someone who has been banned here has come back under a new identity. Otherwise, it really has become a place for trash talking, wannabes and lots of posts seeking to sell parts by members who never post here so I always wonder how legit they are. I will post warnings if someone is about to be a potential "victim" of a scam or a misrepresented car but that is just as a courtesy. If the fb page disappeared I doubt anyone would even notice it after a week or so.

But if this forum disappears..............

Perhaps, but they're not organized, threadable and searchable. They're good for discussing something short term and immediate, but a week down the road and the discussion might as well have been deleted.

+1
Facebook is superior for local/quick interactions but they do not compare to a forum for real knowledge and input.

Incidentally, the larger the facebook "group" the less useful it becomes in my opinion.

Last edited:
At least on prime you don't get ex GF stalkers messing everything up....:tongue:

I personally have stopped visiting forums due to the fact my FB feed keeps me busy enough throughout the day. IMHO FB is maybe one or two updates away from making forums obsolete. Imagine if zuckerberg decides to introduce a plug-in that allows FB to search or index forum data? Bubye vBulletin. The writing's on the wall.

could happen but there are still plenty of us non fb users..

The Prime FB site is brutal. It actually makes nsxprime.com look more stupid. Whoever runs it should moderate it better. Oscar calls it bizarroprime, which is very accurate.

The Prime FB site is brutal. It actually makes nsxprime.com look more stupid. Whoever runs it should moderate it better. Oscar calls it bizarroprime, which is very accurate.

I just checked, Lud Eng is one of the admins on the Facebook page. Maybe you should direct your concerns over to him?

Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 11.57.09 PM.png

Yes, Lud is an admin, by it's not his group. He was added as a sign of respect.

Marcus added me as an admin a little while back. I delete some spam people report and occasionally block/approve new member requests. I don't actively moderate or participate in topics, and Marcus seems to have the same laiseez faire approach, just focusing on trying to keep true spammers out. Of course sometimes we delete legit stuff too - I just learned I had been deleting a longtime member from this site's posts b/c some folks had reported them as spam, but I know he is legit.

FB is FB - it's entertainment to consume over information, no way to sort or categorize, etc... basically the opposite of what I try to do with this site. Any big FB group is a mess IMO. The beauty of FB is that if you don't like what's out there, you can just create your own group in 10 seconds for free. But if it gets big you'll end up with the same issues.

Marcus added me as an admin a little while back. I delete some spam people report and occasionally block/approve new member requests. I don't actively moderate or participate in topics, and Marcus seems to have the same laiseez faire approach, just focusing on trying to keep true spammers out. Of course sometimes we delete legit stuff too - I just learned I had been deleting a longtime member from this site's posts b/c some folks had reported them as spam, but I know he is legit.

FB is FB - it's entertainment to consume over information, no way to sort or categorize, etc... basically the opposite of what I try to do with this site. Any big FB group is a mess IMO. The beauty of FB is that if you don't like what's out there, you can just create your own group in 10 seconds for free. But if it gets big you'll end up with the same issues.

Well said. My complaint of social media as well.

Back