• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 Black/Camel NSX-T 3.2L 6 speed, 52k mi - Carlsbad, California JH4NA2169WT000117

1998 Black/Camel NSX-T 3.2L 6 speed, 52k miles, Carlsbad, California / JH4NA2169WT000117

Update 2014-04-14 1046p: SOLD pending deposit received and final payment.
Update 2014-04-25 0821a: Deposit received and SOLD pending final payment.
Update 2014-05-11 0815p: SOLD! Thank you prime and a super nice buyer. :smile:

YEAR & MODEL (NSX or NSX-T): NSX-T
FULL VIN #: JH4NA2169WT000117
CURRENT MILEAGE: 52,000
COLOR (EXT/INT): Black/Camel (Tan)
TRANSMISSION: 6 Speed Manual
LOCATION OF VEHICLE (CITY/STATE): Carlsbad, CA
CONTACT VIA (E-mail, PM, phone number, etc.): PM
PRICE (MUST STATE A PRICE, IS IT FIRM OR OBO?): $ 51,900

NUMBER OF OWNERS: 3

CLEAN TITLE? Yes, in hand

CLEAN CARFAX? Yes, pulled on 03/30/2014 and attached. The smog check mileage dated 2012 should have been 50,877, hence the last mileage discrepancy in the CARFAX. Shows one owner, but in fact I'm owner 3.

HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? (IF YES, DETAILS): None

HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? (IF YES, DETAILS): None

MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION?: Yes, and included on flash drive

After 11+ years of wonderful NSX ownership, my needs have changed, and with kids in and going off to college, its time to free up funds and parking space. Always adult driven (age 40-50) for the last 11 years, this beautiful and tastefully modified NSX has provided over 23 thousand trouble-free miles in my care as a strictly weekend pleasure vehicle that only saw rain on two occasions. Always garaged, waxed and covered when not on weekend drives or events. This NSX has been a marvel of engineering excellence and always brings a smile whenever I'm inclined to take it on a journey. After careful and long consideration, it is with tremendous reluctance that I've made the decision to let it go. By far, this has been the best quality, reliable and trouble-free pleasurable driving car I've owned.

Ownership History (3 Owner, 'All California' NSX)
  • According to CARFAX, this NSX was originally leased to an owner in Woodland Hills, CA for three years. It was returned to South Coast Acura and became Matt's demo inventory for a few months before being sold to the second owner as a "Certified Pre-Owned Acura".
  • Owner two was a small business owner living in Laguna Niguel, CA with 2 younger kids and kept it for one year.
  • I purchased in December 2002 with about 29K on the odometer. I was provided with maintenance history back to mile 6627. The Acura pre-owned certified warranty transferred to me for the remaining extended warranty of 7 years. During this remaining warranty I had the radio mast replaced and a full top to bottom inspection before expiration. I have been the third owner for over 11 years in Carlsbad, CA.

Exterior
  • Paint & Body
    • No dings or dents
    • All original paint maintained with Zaino or Meguiar's professional products, swirl free with the usual small rock chips on the front commensurate with 52k miles. Rating 9/10
  • Cosmetic blemishes
    • Wheels - some minor curb rash from prior owner's wife driving, at least that's what HE said ;-)
    • Minor curb scuff at front right corner from my miscalculated U-turn - only visible at one foot away

Interior
  • All stock except a wheel wrap which adds gripping ability to the rather thin stock steering wheel.
  • Nonsmoker, no pets.
  • The inside carpet, mats and seats are like new as I only had passengers on a handful of short excursions.
  • The seat bolsters are in great condition and show little to no signs of wear.
  • No rips, tears or marks anywhere inside.
  • This is a very well cared for interior. Rating 9.9/10

Electrical
  • Everything is all functioning 100%.
  • Several years ago Brian K. rebuilt the A/C fan control CCU and has been working flawlessly.
  • CD player in trunk replaced with GROM Audio OEM interface with Bluetooth and USB works great.
  • Smartenna works perfectly and extends automatically with GROM audio when AM or FM selected.
  • Hot wired for Valentine V1 at mirror/visor - wire left intact, but easily removed if you don't have one.

Mechanical
  • A/C blows cold
  • Original clutch with no issues
  • Steering tight and responsive
  • Rear trunk supports replaced
  • Original Engine hatch struts have no sign of degradation
  • Targa top and storage works perfectly as new

Over $14k in Tasteful Modifications
  • Comptech Performance upgrades to 320HP
    • Comptech Headers
    • Comptech Billet Tipped Cat Back Exhaust
    • Comptech Carbon Fiber High Flow Air Box
  • Comptech Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors
  • Comptech Hot Street Brake Pads
  • Comptech Adjustable Anti-Sway Bars Front & Rear
  • Volk Racing AV3 Wheels 17x8 Front, 18x10 Rear with Wheel Locks
  • Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 215/40R17 Front, 265/35R18 Rear
  • KW V3 Height Adjustable Coilovers
  • GROM Audio MBUSU2P with Charging Cable & Bluetooth Extension
  • Smartenna
  • Wheelskins Leather Wrap Steering Wheel Cover
  • Lightly Tinted Windows - Never stopped in CA
  • OEM Keyless Entry & Security System with Two Remotes

Extras
  • NSX OEM Car Cover
  • Battery Tender Jr.
  • Valentine V1 Hot Wired to Mirror/Visor Area
  • Touch up paints, OEM and Pen Style
  • Science of Speed Billet Aluminum Window Repair Retainer
  • Dali Racing Brake Handle Style Cup Holder
  • Ultimate NSX Floor Style Cup Holder
  • KW V3 Adjustment Tools & Manuals
  • CA Front License Plate (no mount)
  • Original Manuals & Carry Case
  • K&N Air Filter (not used since 2003)
  • All Maintenance Records & Manuals on USB Flash Drive + Extras

Recent Maintenance History
  • New timing belt in 2008, water pump, valve adjust, and all belts, fluids, and filters
  • New tires, only 700 miles and aligned after installation
  • New height adjustable KW V3 coilovers installed 2012
  • New brake pads, 700 miles
  • New oil change and filter 3/31/2014
  • New battery installed 3/2014, last one lasted over 100 months on battery tender
  • Professionally inspected, compression checked and drive tested by Ramon at Niguel Motors (949) 348-2476 on 3/31/2014.
  • No leaks or issues whatsoever, even Ramon commented on how shiny new the spark plugs looked.
  • All cylinders compression checked at 190/195 at only 2.6% differences. (PPI inspection document available)
  • No deferred maintenance on this NSX, everything is all up to date including parts and maintenance records from mile 6627 onwards, all scanned as PDF and included on flash drive.

Smog checks
  • Always passed first time with last smog check performed 3/27/2014

Track Time
Not a track junkie for this owner, but I did attended NSXPO 2003 (with track days) and a Dali track event in Pahrump with no off-track excursions or spins. Also attended a couple of auto cross events professionally organized by John R. (aka Anytime). John can attest to me being a careful driver, not spinning or creaming cones at his events either.

Other Comments
In 2002, when shopping for my ultimate NSX, I wanted the more desirable 97 + engine upgrades and improvements including the targa top and I was not particularly fond of the 2002 bug-eye headlights and preferred the sleek front end look of the original design. I was lucky and found exactly what I was looking for with this NSX already having great looking wheels with the proper offset and ride height. Of course the extra 30HP of the Comptech mods were a bonus and since they were dealer installed, it carried forth on the transferred warranty giving me piece of mind.

This hand built NSX will continue to become more valuable as time goes on as fewer are on the road and certainly excellent condition examples like this are becoming more difficult to find as owners are cognizant of the true investment they have become. I wish I had the space and wherewithal to continue holding on to this NSX myself.

This rare 1998 black and tan (1 of 5 in 1998) NSX turns heads and solicits 'thumbs up' every day. There is nothing like driving down the coast with the top off or driving up Palomar Mountain to unwind after a long week at the office. With over $14,000 in tasteful upgrades over stock, this well-preserved NSX is in 'like NEW' shape, looks terrific and ready to roll. Just install your V1, top off the tank and continue to enjoy this super car for thousands of trouble-free miles!

40+ Higher Resolution Photos Here:

Video Here (five minute HD walk-around):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU9rfu3P_YI
Pay attention to the mirror-like reflection of the waving flag on this superbly maintained black finish.​

Please, only serious adult buyers with cash or pre-approved financing invited to inquire and evaluate.

98nsx-1039.jpg

98nsx-1038.jpg

98nsx-1040.jpg

98nsx-1014.jpg

98nsx-1029.jpg

98nsx-2004.jpg

98nsx-2005.jpg

Attachments

• 1998 nsx print2 CARFAX Vehicle History Report on JH4NA2169WT000117.pdf
    166.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back