Thread: Pic Request: Shine Type-one front lip with Wings West sides pre-02

Pic Request: Shine Type-one front lip with WW, 02 sides, or Shine sides.

Hey guys. Spent hours searching and can't seem to find any photos of a pre-02 with Shine type-1 front lip and Wings West sides. I am thinking about going with this setup. However my imagination of how well this combination will flow doesn't seem reliable enough for me to actually pull the trigger and purchase it. Let me know if any of you guys have this combo. Thanks!

Shine type-1 front lip:

WW sides:

I do like the WW front as well, but I don't like how it bulges on the back and sides. Let me know what you guys think as well!
    Last edited by Mengsta; 04-11-2014 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I too spent hours deliberating until I realized stock looks best. It's the perfect balance of form and simplicity. I've had both the Ww and the downforce kit, both seem to detract something from the cars original beauty. A good drop, nice wheels and maybe some splitters is all you need.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^^^^ i agree.

Last edited by JoseJA1979; 04-07-2014 at 07:03.
    `91 Berlina Black

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mine has shine lip but stacy sides. I had the ww lip for a while, but like the fitment of the shine more.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/ns...82-nsx419.html
    '91 Sebring Silver

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    +1 on stock

Thanks guys for the advice, really appreciate it. I'm already lowered with some good fitting wheels. I love it. Just looking for a bit more.

Gleibig, thanks for the shots! This really helped. Though they are not WW sides, it still helped. You at least confirmed that I would rather go with the Shine front lip. The fitment imperfections of the WW front lip shows a bit more on brighter colors like silver. Now just need to decide if the shine type-1 front lip will look better with WW sides, o2 sides, or just stock pre-02. I will post pics when I do get this done.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awee you found a pic of my car...the white one is my car before i replaced the shine with ww front lip

z

Quote Originally Posted by mengsta View Post
    hey guys. Spent hours searching and can't seem to find any photos of a pre-02 with shine type-1 front lip and wings west sides. I am thinking about going with this setup. However my imagination of how well this combination will flow doesn't seem reliable enough for me to actually pull the trigger and purchase it. Let me know if any of you guys have this combo. Thanks!

Shine type-1 front lip:

ww sides:

i do like the ww front as well, but i don't like how it bulges on the back and sides. Let me know what you guys think as well!

Registered User Dynamic-uzed-auto's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    That setup probably doesn't exist
    94 NSX (rare conv)
    91 NSX
    04 VW phaeton
    04 Mini cooper S (dd)

i know these are not ww sides but 02 style by df. i hope this setup will give you an idea of your choosing. i do have stacy sides but they are a bit lower and more aggressive than 02. i prefer to have the front kinda levels with the sides.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ugh I'm so stuck between WW or shine, it kills me

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    wow....beautiful ride Regular!!!
    `91 Berlina Black

Thanks for the pics guys. Anybody have any pics or info on the Shine sides? Can't seem to find any. Judging from the photos I think the Shine type-1 actually looks very clean with 02 sides. I hope this thread helps other people as well. I honestly went through so many side skirt threads, but I mainly saw Staceys sides with WW front or Shine GT front. Very popular combo. Not so many pics of the Shine type-1 front with combos on other sides though.

GSV NSX, judging from photos and seeing a few NSX's in person, I think the WW front and sides look better on certain color NSXs. With lighter color like the silverstone that I have, I think the gaps and how the WW sticks out, shows a lot more. I'm leaning on shine front for sure. Just have to figure out what sides to go with.

Feedback Score
    Checkout Dim Sum's NA1 street car build thread. He has that exact setup on his '92. Looks very sexy!! So much, that I'm convinced to go with the same setup!

Quote Originally Posted by JoseJA1979 View Post
    wow....beautiful ride Regular!!!
    thanks!

are you referring to this setup nsx'er?

Last edited by regular; 04-14-2014 at 07:26.

Quote Originally Posted by regular View Post
    thanks!

are you referring to this setup nsx'er?

what side skirts and front lip are these?

This would be the Shine Spec-GT front lip with Stacy side skirts. Nice combo and very popular. IMO I think the shine type-1 front lip with WW sides would be a good combo. I'll post pics once/if I get it. In the meantime I am going to keep browsing the web on my free time to find somebody with this. Or shine type-1 with shine sides.