• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Floor Mat ?

First I have done some searches and 2002 Mats are supposed to fit earlier NSX's correct?

83600-SL0-A01ZB FLOOR MAT SET *YR167L*(LIGHT TAN) 001
005 83600-SL0-A01ZC FLOOR MAT SET *B134L*(VIVID BLUE) 001
005 83600-SL0-A01ZD FLOOR MAT SET *NH208L*(PLATINUM WHITE) 001 ..
005 83600-SL0-A01ZE FLOOR MAT SET *NH465L*(TARGA SILVER) 001
005 83600-SL0-A01ZF FLOOR MAT SET *R145L*(NEW PURE RED) 001 .
005 83600-SL0-A01ZG FLOOR MAT SET *YR242L*(VIVID ORANGE) 001 $409.32
005 83600-SL0-A01ZH FLOOR MAT SET *Y59L*(VIVID YELLOW)

The above mats are available as well as
NH188L*(REAL BLACK). Which set for a Spa Yellow 1997 NSX? What I have is just a black set of mats with NSX in Gray lettering.

Thanks

What I have is just a black set of mats with NSX in Gray lettering.

Do they look like this?
black.jpg

If so, I think you are all set with what you are listing above.

I believe that is them. I was thinking of getting a spare set.

Does anyone have any idea how the light tan would compare to ivory? I have converted my black/ivory interior to mostly black including carpet but would like matts to accent some of the ivory trim. Would it look like poo?

- - - Updated - - -

What are those tabs at the bottom?
Do they look like this?
black.jpg

If so, I think you are all set with what you are listing above.

Does anyone have any idea how the light tan would compare to ivory? I have converted my black/ivory interior to mostly black including carpet but would like matts to accent some of the ivory trim. Would it look like poo?

- - - Updated - - -

What are those tabs at the bottom?

Tan and Ivory look very different, I wouldn't try to mix.
The tabs slide under the seat rails and keep the mats in place. Not sure if that would cause a problem in earlier cars, but in my 2001 that's what the factory mats have.

Did the floor mats change at all through the years?

I just bought the Charcoal floor mats from SOS.

They are remarkably different from the floor mats that came with my car (that look OE). The SOS floor mats are noticeably thinner (the carpet feels thinner, and the back rubber also is not as robust), have the tabs, and have the anchor hole on the left side.

I see that you can change (on the car) the anchor from the right (which my original floor mats have) to the left.

Last edited:
i believe they did change.my older oem tan ones have sort of a tongue coming out that goes between the seat rails like the zanardi ones on the sos site.the newer style like the colored ones sos has go straight across there with the two small tabs that go under the seat rail.mine have a honda p/n on the back.i'm thinking about the sos tan ones,too,i think the two styles interchange,and the older one may be discontinued.

i believe they did change.my older oem tan ones have sort of a tongue coming out that goes between the seat rails like the zanardi ones on the sos site.the newer style like the colored ones sos has go straight across there with the two small tabs that go under the seat rail.mine have a honda p/n on the back.i'm thinking about the sos tan ones,too,i think the two styles interchange,and the older one may be discontinued.

Good point! My old one also have the tongue. Looking again at the SOS site, it also looks like the Zanardi mats (and my old mats) have the anchor hole on the right side.

I wonder why they changed the placement of the anchor hole.

For years, I have purchased Lloyds matts and they are the best. If you purchase the higher price models, the carpet is thick and soft. Fitment is excellent. I purchased a pair when I got my NSX and love it. Price is similar to any other higher end matt.

I purchased a set of the factory mats from SOS last year, but I didn't like the grey color. I was expecting them to be much darker. Any other aftermarket recommendations for black mats? Thanks,

I thought they would be darker too. My old mats are the same gray color, but I just assumed they were black, but the color faded over the years.

A member on here, Hrant, sells black mats for the NSX. From what I've read on here, they are very nice.

Back