• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the Allen/Hex size for the Whipple 1st Gen CTSC oil plug?

I've asked around and no one seems to know. Also, as not to strip it, does it come off clock or counter-clockwise? What is the torque? Will I need a tapping impact driver to take it off?

Mine came off very easily, I remember the actual key I used but I don't remember the marking on it. I will check for you on the evening.

Onsoku, I'm home so I checked for you. It's 5/16. The first time I took it off, I had to use a hollow metal pipe to loosen it since it was on pretty tight but I didn't tighten as much when I was done. Sounds like it's your first time removing this screw. Be careful if you're refilling or replace the CTSC oil. I made a huge mistake and overfilled couple of weeks ago and the oil came out all over the ground. I'm still not sure where it came out from. I suck all the fluid out and I filled it a little below the hash mark. I haven't seen any leaks since then.

Frankie

Mine came off very easily, I remember the actual key I used but I don't remember the marking on it. I will check for you on the evening.

Brylek, were you able to check yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Onsoku, I'm home so I checked for you. It's 5/16. The first time I took it off, I had to use a hollow metal pipe to loosen it since it was on pretty tight but I didn't tighten as much when I was done. Sounds like it's your first time removing this screw. Be careful if you're refilling or replace the CTSC oil. I made a huge mistake and overfilled couple of weeks ago and the oil came out all over the ground. I'm still not sure where it came out from. I suck all the fluid out and I filled it a little below the hash mark. I haven't seen any leaks since then.

Frankie

Lamchop168, thanks! Do you recall if the screw comes off in a counter-clockwise direction?

Last edited:
Counter clockwise, just like any screw.

Brylek, were you able to check yet?

I knew I still had to do something yesterday! - I'm sorry but I simply forgot.

I'm sure Lamchop168 is right but I will still double check, you should see a reply here in about 8 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

My tools are in the metric system so I used a 6mm key, you unscrew it just like any other bolt. I'm sorry I took so long.

Last edited:
I knew I should have waited for AutoWave to do it... I used the 5/16 before seeing that 6mm may also work;, and now it's rounded off inside. :redface:

Does anyone have the p/n & source for a replacement bolt?

Try contacting CT engineering or Source1

I haven't heard of Source1; do you have a number for them? I was thinking that since it's for a common SC, that I could just order it from a shop/tuner.

Back