• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Water Meth injection

On boosted cars what mixtures do you run and why?

Be interested for a variety of people to chime in to see what everyone runs and why?

I was going to run a 50/50 mixture on the small AEM injector however where i live Methonal is very hard to come by, i can buy it from a chemical company but it's crazy expense and shipping is far from reasonable. For that reason i was wondering if just a water solution would be beneficial or is there a decent substitute for the methonal? I have found it for a very reasonable price on ebay but that is ebay! no idea what i would be receiving and do i feel comfortable squirting that in to my intake? errr.... not really!

I know you guys have access to off the shelf pre mixed solutions for this purpose.

I just use the 50/50 "Boost Juice". I think it's like $7-9/gallon. I go through maybe 2-4 gallons per summer. I know I could mix it myself for a lot cheaper, but for how little I go through I figure it's worth it to know the mix is exactly the same every time.
I use the big jet that comes on at I think 9psi? Why 50/50 for me? It's available...haha. And you get the water cooling benefits and the octane benefits from the meth.

http://www.snowperformance.net/boost-juice.html

If you buy the Boost Juice from Summit Racing it's only $9.99 for shipping, no matter how much you buy. Best deal out there.

I use 100% meth with my single turbo. I don't see heat being an issue at only 9 lbs with air to air intercooler and meth makes more power than water meth 50-50 mix.

When I had my boosted RSX I ran 50% Meth, and 50% dionized water. Like previously stated I only had to refill it a few times per summer.

Your in boost that much that you go through a tank within a few hundred miles? That doesn't seem right....

Your in boost that much that you go through a tank within a few hundred miles? That doesn't seem right....

I like to put the foot down pretty often, it's addictive :eek:, i need help. I've driven about 400 miles with the new tank and still have about half in there. I'm happy with that. When I had the 3qt I was pretty much filling it up with every gas fill up, so it became a nuisance and didn't want to worry about running out of meth half way through the day when I finally take it to a track day.

I think mine turns on at 4psi. I'm on the hi boost (9lb) comptech pulley.

Last edited:
This is all very interesting info.

I couldn't source a pre mix here however i have managed to find one. 50/50 so it's all good.

What kits are you all running? mine is the Aem.

How is it wired up?

What size injector are you using? the small one sound right?

I was using AEM as well, small tank, wired up as per instructions (not to sound like an asshole), I was using the largest Nosal in the kit and I think it was set to come on at 7psi and full spray at 16psi. The only controller was a bitch to set. I have seen pics of the new controller and it looks much better. I also had to get my controller replaced as I had a short and fried it somehow. It was covered under warrenty.

Not to hijack the OP's thread but have any of you fitted your reservoir in the bow where the spare tire is/was?

Not to hijack the OP's thread but have any of you fitted your reservoir in the bow where the spare tire is/was?

I think most install the tanks in the boot.

Reason being is that it injects in to the intake. I might be wrong but the pump may not be strong enough to pump from the tank up front all the way to the back.

SOS sells a trunk install plate and i have seen custom tanks that fit in the tool kit hole in the trunk.

I think most install the tanks in the boot.

Reason being is that it injects in to the intake. I might be wrong but the pump may not be strong enough to pump from the tank up front all the way to the back.

SOS sells a trunk install plate and i have seen custom tanks that fit in the tool kit hole in the trunk.
It's plenty strong enough :)

It would be no different if someone mounted the tank in the trunk for a fwd Vehicle. Same amount of distance. The pump is quite strong.

Hmm... If that is the case maybe i may relocate mine, there is no need to take up boot space if i don't really need it to.

- - - Updated - - -

I was using AEM as well, small tank, wired up as per instructions (not to sound like an asshole), I was using the largest Nosal in the kit and I think it was set to come on at 7psi and full spray at 16psi. The only controller was a bitch to set. I have seen pics of the new controller and it looks much better. I also had to get my controller replaced as I had a short and fried it somehow. It was covered under warrenty.

Haha ok, i was wondering because the manual isn't Nsx specific or there may of been a better way of doing something.

I'm not sure what controller i have, i will take a look.

In case you guys are not aware, I build a custom stainless tank that fits where the factory tool kit foam goes in the trunk. It is 3.5 gal.

In case you guys are not aware, I build a custom stainless tank that fits where the factory tool kit foam goes in the trunk. It is 3.5 gal.

I knew someone did, i remember seeing pictures.

Can you post some up for us to see.

thanks.

FWIW, I run the AEM with all components mounted on the SOS trunk mounting board. I did have to heat up the top of the tank and push the cap down a bit for it to clear the trunk.....

DSCF3371 by blodi, on Flickr

That's exact the same as my install, we used a spacer to pull it away from the board to clear the trunk.

For those that mounted the reservoir in the front, where did you mount the pump so that you could access the EMS for inputs? Do I assume you place the pump in the engine bay and ran a wire(s) into the firewall or did you leave the pump up front with the bottle and run the wires from there? Thanks in advance for all your input

Back