• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch: May 3-4, 2014

Coz

Legendary Member
Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch
NASA-SoCal & NASA-AZ Crossover Event
May 3-4, 2014

Anyone else going besides Nick (9Doors), Patty and myself ?

3601 South Hwy 160
Pahrump, NV 89048

Registration has been open @ http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1840

Event will feature the following groups:
HPDE1
HPDE 2-4 (Assuming combined HPDE groups)
NASA Time Trials
NASA Race Groups

Discount code available for 1st time NASA drivers.

Last edited:
i'll be there on Sunday (maybe Sat as well). What group are you running in? I'll be doing the Time Trials.

Cool...Look forward to finally meeting you.
TT Big Bore
I'll be there Thursday & Friday for members days, Sat-Sun with NASA and then Monday for another members day and some testing.

Last edited:
Most are staying in Vegas because Pahrump is sold out.

- - - Updated - - -

Spring Mountain Registration Info
3601 South Hwy 160
Pahrump, NV 89048

Registration has been open @ http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1840

Event will feature the following groups:
HPDE1-4
NASA Time Trials
NASA Race Groups (Supersize PT option available)

Track
* 2.97 mile track (Clockwise)
http://socal.drivenasa.com/SpringMtnconfig.jpg

Transponder Rentals
If you need a transponder rental. You can still get them through "NASA AZ" at the normal rate. Email ([email protected]) to reserve yours today!

NOTE: HPDE4 participants!
NASA So Cal typically runs HPDE4 & TT as a combined group. They also require all HPDE4 participants to have a transponder.

Schedule
NASA So Cal will not publish a schedule until there is enough participants registered to determine a trend to properly form the groups. Unless the event sells out early, expect a draft schedule to be available around April 28th.

> No Friday Practice is available
> Friday paddock access begins at 1PM
> Paddock Camping allowed Friday & Sat
> No food will be available at track (town is 10 mins away)
> Event will start at 9AM each day to accommodate commute

Pahrump and Las Vegas are packed and we have checked most hotels which are full or very expensive. We have a room block at the RIO Suites in Las Vegas for $149 per night. Rio is 53 miles from the track and a very easy drive at highway speeds.

Reserve Room here --> https://aws.passkey.com/g/24923138
*note- choosing more than 2 in a room will increase price.
ROOMS MUST BE BOOKED BY APRIL 23

Both you guys need to post videos. I haven't driven there in a few years and I hear that they made improvements and additions since then. Wish I could make it out there too.

NASA will be on the South and East tracks. East is the new one.

Wish you were going to be there too Will.
You know we will :)
We may even have some Billy video when we test the NSX race car Nick at Applied Motorsports built on Monday.

Last edited:
Coz, I see that NASA is running a new config. Do you know what configuration they are running on Monday? I was hoping they were going to do the original 3.1 or 3.4 config. I'm setting a goal to try to get within 5 seconds of Billy, each driving my own car.
http://socal.drivenasa.com/SpringMtnconfig.jpg

According to the members schedule Ryan, Monday we are limited to the 1.5 mile track. Which was originally called the Radical Loop.
Have you been on it ?...tight but fun.
Yes, the original 3.1-3.4 was the North & South tracks combined. They are a great combination.

I've never been on East yet.

Have you signed up yet for TT with NASA ?

Yes, I heard that was your goal :)

Last edited:
The new east track is newer, cleaner, smoother, wider and safer, but not as much fun as the older tracks.The new track is the only track SM will rent for outside groups.
Enjoy the old track for the last time. Lance

It won't be my last time on any of the tracks actually.
Hadn't heard they were going to stop renting out the track facilities to clubs.
Most clubs can't afford the rental costs anyway.

The new east track is newer, cleaner, smoother, wider and safer, but not as much fun as the older tracks.The new track is the only track SM will rent for outside groups.
Enjoy the old track for the last time. Lance

Last edited:
Ill be running Sun and Monday. Looking forward to catching up with you guys.

According to the members schedule Ryan, Monday we are limited to the 1.5 mile track. Which was originally called the Radical Loop.
Have you been on it ?...tight but fun.
Yes, the original 3.1-3.4 was the North & South tracks combined. They are a great combination.

I've never been on East yet.

Have you signed up yet for TT with NASA ?

Yes, I heard that was your goal :)

Hello Coz,
Who is running the event on Sunday and Monday. I still need to sign up.
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

See you guys there after my race at Laguna Seca Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you all and driving some NSXs! :)

Good luck Saturday. I'm bummed I couldn't figure out a way to fly to Laguna Seca to watch your race and still get my car to Vegas.

Last edited:
That was a fun weekend hanging with Billy, Coz and Nick. Had a great time doing Time Trials on Sun and playing around on track Monday with Coz and Billy. The highlight of my weekend was getting a ride with Billy in Nick's turbocharged Radical. I forgot the power/weight, but I think it was something crazy like 350HP and 1000lb? Insane!

I downloaded my SD card from my GoPro and…. no videos. The card I had was full and didn't capture any video. Such a bummer. I however, do have some Traqmate data of both Billy and my sessions in my car that I will download tomorrow when I find my cable.

Back